What are the Benefits of Peach?
Peach trees grow in temperate climates. Peach seedlings, which have a lifespan of about 30 years, can reach 2-3 meters. The peach, which is a fleshy and juicy fruit, is famous for its unique aroma and smell as well as being a hairy fruit.
The fruit, which has a single seed, can be easily grown from its own seed. Peach seeds and bark are used as fuel in many regions. In addition, the inner part of the peach seed is used as animal feed. The abundant juiciness of the fruit is also an ideal option for fruit juice production.
Although peach, which is one of the most cultivated fruits after apples in Turkey, is known as a summer fruit, it can always be found on the counters due to its suitable structure to be grown in all seasons.
The economic value of the fruit grown in our country, especially in Bursa and the Mediterranean Region, is high. Peach is a perishable fruit that can be plucked and eaten fresh from June until the end of summer. It must be processed in order to be stored for a long time. Compotes, jams, fruit juices and marmalades prepared from peaches can be consumed during the winter months.
What are the Peach Varieties?
Considering the characteristics of peaches, they are divided into 2 basic groups as hairy and hairless.
Although their appearance is similar to each other, the general feature of peaches, which are divided into varieties even with a single different feature, is that they are fleshy, fragrant and hairy. There are approximately 64 varieties of peach in Turkey. The split type peach, whose flesh is separated from the core, is the most popular peach species.
- Flordasun peach, which grows in the Mediterranean, draws attention with its productivity.
- Other peach varieties in the Mediterranean Region are early red and early amber. These peach varieties are preferred because of their yellow color and juiciness.
- The peach variety called nectarine, which is an option for those who cannot eat peaches with a shell because it is hairy, is a little harder, but its flavor is excellent.
- Other peach varieties are tasted, caldesi85, sun gold Caladesi, big top, Adriana, super red, silver king, sweet lady, Venus, rich lady, Vista rich, spring bela, spring lady, Francoise, spring crest, royal glory, symphonie, She can be counted as an elegant lady .
Peach prices vary according to the variety.
How to Dry Peach?
Peach, which is a guest on our tables with its freshness and all its flavor in the season, is a fruit that is missed in the winter months as well. The most practical and delicious way to enjoy peaches in all months is to dry them. There are three ways to dry peaches in the most natural way without using additives:
- in the sun,
- on the rope,
- Oven drying.
In all three drying methods, wash the peaches, remove the seeds without peeling them, and slice them thinly.
For sun drying, lay a cotton cloth or baking paper on a dry tray. Arrange the sliced peaches at intervals and leave them in the sun. Invert the peaches until they are completely dry.
Take the dried peaches in a glass jar and close them tightly so that they do not get air-tight. To dry the peaches on the string, arrange the sliced peaches with a needle and thread, leaving a little space. Hang the sliced peach strings in the sun and do not remove them until they are completely dry. When the drying process is complete, take it out of the rope and put it in a glass jar.
For drying peaches in the oven, place the sliced peaches on the baking tray. Turn the peaches inside out at 1-2 hour intervals by setting your oven to 60-70 degrees.
What are the Benefits of Peach?
Fascinating with its taste, peach also has a protective effect on our health with its therapeutic aspects.
• Peach containing high potassium contributes to the regular functioning of nerve conduction and cell functions. It minimizes the risk of a heart attack.
• The antitumor properties of phenol compounds in its content protect body cells against cancer. In particular, it prevents the formation of lung, colon and breast cancer. It minimizes the discomforts that occur in the post-chemotherapy period.
• High vitamin C, antioxidant and beta carotene content protects the body against infections. It also nourishes and rejuvenates the skin. Because of its benefits to the skin, peach is often used in skincare products. With the peach mask, your skin becomes smoother and more vibrant.
• In peachbeta carotene turns into vitamin A in the body and contributes positively to visual function. It prevents the development of cataracts and protects the retina from the risks of age-related diseases.
• It helps to remove the harmful toxins formed in the liver and kidneys from the body. Peach detox water is widely used, especially in eastern culture.
• The answer to the frequently asked questions whether peach weakens or increases sugar level is hidden in the benefits of peach. Peach is a fruit with high sugar content. However, since the sugar in peaches is natural fruit sugar, it does not raise blood sugar. It has a low glycemic index and helps to lose weight.
How Many Calories in Peach? What is the Nutritional Value?
Peach is rich in vitamins and minerals. Vitamin A in its content is beneficial for healthy eyes. It is high in vitamin C, which has a detoxifying property. Peach, which contains vitamin E, known for its skin-protective properties, and vitamin K, which protects bone health, is also rich in B6, riboflavin, niacin, folic acid, thiamine and pantothenic acid. A medium peach contains about 330 milligrams of potassium and 3 grams of fiber. In addition to this mineral, peach also contains important minerals for body functions such as calcium, fat, manganese, zinc, copper, phosphorus and magnesium.
The peel of the peach, which is not consumed by some people because of its fur, is as useful as the flesh. Peach, which contains antioxidant compounds both in its flesh and in its peel, helps to cleanse our body of toxins and slows down the aging process. The answer to the question of whether the peach causes constipation or diarrhea is hidden in the fiber content of the peach. Thanks to its high fiber content, peach, which supports a healthy digestive system, prevents constipation, and regulates intestinal work. Let’s come to the answer to the most asked question of how many calories in 1 peach: 1 medium peach contains about 17 grams of carbohydrates, that is, it is about 75 calories.
What Are Peach Harms?
- Peaches, which accelerate the digestive system, can solve the problem of constipation, but if consumed excessively, it can cause diarrhea.
- The fruit with high potassium content increases the load of the kidneys when consumed excessively. Excessive consumption can damage the kidneys.
- Excessive consumption of peaches can cause allergic reactions.
- Peach is a fruit rich in vitamin K. Excessive consumption increases the intake of vitamin K, high vitamin K increases the risk of bleeding in pregnant women.
- The hairs in the peach peel can irritate the throat of pregnant women. Also, the bark makes the throat itchy. Due to peach allergy during pregnancy, consumption should be considered.
- The aroma of peach and being a soft fruit attract the attention of insects. Therefore, the use of pesticides in peach production is high. This increases the pesticide residue. Consuming it without washing it well can cause nausea, diarrhea, abdominal pain and even poisoning.
- Peach seeds are poisonous and can be harmful when eaten.
- Peach leaves can also cause allergic reactions. Long-term use of peach tea can have a toxic effect.
Delicious Recipes with Peach and Fruit
1) For the Sweetest Peach Peach Jam:
Those who want to experience the taste of peach in all four seasons can create a flavor that is both natural and high in nutritional value by making peach jam, and you can bring the smell of the peach garden to your tables every season. Made using sugar, peach slices and butter, peach jam brings summer joy in every bite.
2) Refreshing Homemade Juice: For Natural Peach Fruit Juice:
You can prepare natural peach detox water that creates a detox effect by making use of the antioxidants in peach. You can prepare natural peach juice for yourself and your family by using peach, apricot, sugar and lemon.
3) For Fruit Cake Lovers Peach Cake:
Peach cake made with peach, which leaves a wonderful flavor on the palate with its unique aroma, disperses in the mouth with its soft structure at the first bite. You can catch a different flavor with eggs, sugar, peach, vanilla, baking powder, milk and flour.