The 10 Most Common Symptoms of Calcium Deficiency
Calcium is a substance in the blood that plays an important role in maintaining vital functions. Calcium, which is an indispensable element for dental and bone health, is absolutely important for all ages and everyone. Calcium intake is important to prevent bone diseases, to have healthier teeth, and to strengthen the skeletal structure. If you suffer from dental issues because of calcium deficiency, you should sort out mouth sores or get dental implants massapequa ny.
Calcium Deficiency Symptoms
- Tooth Decay
- Extreme Fatigue
- Bad Breath
- Calcification in Joints
- Painful Menstruation
- Hair loss
- Weakness in Memory
- Skin Drying
- Weakening of Nails
In some cases, people experience a calcium deficiency. In such cases, diseases seen in calcium deficiency are inevitable. Calcium deficiency, which is effective from bone disease to dental caries, is understood both by medical examination and visibly.
When you say how to understand the symptoms of calcium deficiency in a person, the list we have presented to you may come to your mind. It is recommended that people experiencing symptoms of calcium deficiency in these lines should consult their healthcare provider as soon as possible. Otherwise, the answer to the question of what happens in calcium deficiency can make both you and your body unhappy.
The 10 Most Common Symptoms of Calcium Deficiency
1) Tooth Decay
- In order to protect the tooth structure and control oral health, you should take calcium through foods.
- Calcium taken to prevent tooth decay provides a white and healthy smile.
- If there is an increase in gum bleeding recently; If the cavities cause pain and the teeth begin to decay, it can be said that calcium deficiency has started.
2) Extreme Fatigue
- Bones need calcium to stay stronger and stronger.
- If you feel very tired while doing your daily routines; If you are suffering from muscle and joint pain after sports, your calcium values may have decreased.
- One of the clearest examples of a person experiencing a calcium deficiency is fatigue and constant sleepiness.
3) Bad Breath
- Calcium is an effective element for teeth. If you have a calcium deficiency; In recent days, you may experience discomfort due to bad breath frequently.
- In order to prevent this uncomfortable situation, it is recommended to add milk and dairy products to your diet.
- If you are deficient in calcium; You can deal not only with bad breath, but also with palate problems.
4) Bone Resorption
- Osteoporosis, which is generally seen in older ages but is a risk for all ages when there is a serious calcium deficiency, is an important disease that reduces the quality of life.
- Bone resorption begins in people who have a clear calcium deficiency.
- This disease, which occurs with the weakening of the structure of the bones, is a major risk factor for women, especially after menopause.
5) Calcification in the Joints
- You may hear a “click” sound from time to time on the kneecaps and elbows.
- These noises, which draw attention while moving, mean that your calcium values have actually decreased.
- Calcification in the joints of people who are fed poorly in terms of calcium is a possible condition. To prevent this disease, foods high in calcium should be consumed.
6) Painful Period
- One of the most common complaints of women is the painful menstrual period.
- It is calcium deficiency that causes this condition. Calcium plays a role in the performance of general body functions.
- If you are in severe pain during your menstrual period; You can take calcium supplements.
7) Hair Loss
- In order for the hair to grow healthier and its structure to remain strong, men and women should prefer foods with high calcium value.
- Discomforts such as hair loss, dandruff and scalp diseases are experienced due to calcium deficiency.
- If your hair is falling off very easily lately, if dandruff occurs frequently, you can focus on consuming milk and dairy products and have your calcium levels checked.
8) Weakness in Memory
- One of the functions of calcium is to strengthen mental development. To prevent memory loss, you should consume foods containing calcium to think more actively.
- If you have difficulty remembering even the simplest situation; If you think you have memory problems, you can consult your doctor and take a calcium supplement.
- Calcium is essential for all ages for the protection of mental development.
9) Skin Drying
- Calcium not only protects the bones but also the skin. It keeps the skin moist and clean.
- You can consult your doctor if your skin is often dry if your complaints such as itching and rash have increased.
- As a result of the examination, it will be clear that it is eczema or calcium deficiency.
- However, you should definitely consume foods containing calcium at every meal so that the skin does not lose moisture.
10) Weakening of Nails
- The most feared situation of people who care about their nails is nail breakage.
- One of the causes of nail breakage is a decrease in calcium levels in the blood.
- You can examine your nails to see the calcium deficiency visibly. If it is very weak and breaks like paper; It can be said that there is a calcium deficiency.