Strawberries: Benefits of eating strawberries a seasonal fruit that helps you with cholesterol
Strawberries are very delicious fruits, with great benefits for the body thanks to the fact that they are loaded with optimal nutrients for the body. It is a bright red fruit , tasty and very sweet. It has many beneficial properties for health , especially for the heart , cancer prevention and is ideal for overweight people . Among its nutrients and benefits are flavonoids , specifically anthocyanin, which is a pigment that gives it its red color. Although few know it, strawberries have a great vegetable contributionIt improves blood circulation and prevents cardiovascular diseases . On the other hand, it is low in sugar and low in calories , making it an ideal food for weight loss.
Strawberry is one of the most consumed fruits, the good news is that it can not only be eaten raw, it can also be an excellent companion for yogurt and cereal. It is composed of 89% water and 7% carbohydrates , it also has a form of fructose, glucose and xylitol . In addition, it has a large vitamin load, among which vitamin C stands out as an essential ally to increase defenses.
What are the most outstanding benefits of strawberries?
For lovers of strawberries, there are many good news, starting with all the properties that accompany the proper functioning of the body. For example, fibers favor the well-being of the intestine. Eating strawberries daily helps in the formation process of collagen, bones, red blood cells and teeth . The absorption of iron is also favored as an important point for the body, as well as the antioxidants and vitamin E present in this delicious fruit.
Citric acids have a formidable performance in the body thanks to their disinfectant effect. Salicylic acid is anti- inflammatory and coagulating , so heart health will be in good working order thanks to the intake of strawberries. The same happens with the nervous and muscular system due to the high percentage of potassium . In short, the benefits are many when eating strawberry every day , take a look:
- It helps reduce bad cholesterol levels in the blood, due to its content of ascorbic acid, pectin and lecithin.
- If you eat a cup of strawberries you only eat about 45 calories, that is, they are low in calories. In addition, they are rich in fiber that allows the regulation of the digestive process and at the same time reduces the feeling of hunger.
- Bone health is favored thanks to the magnesium, vitamin K and potassium found in strawberries.
- B vitamins are also present, for example vitamin B6 , riboflavin , niacin , folic acid and pantothenic acid which improves the function of the nervous system and injects energy into the body.
- The manganese component in this fruit acts as a great antioxidant and natural anti- inflammatory . In a cup of strawberries 21 grams of said element are concentrated.
- One of the benefits that overweight people are most excited about is the effect they have on weight loss due to their low calorie content and high nitrate content. It helps you reduce your appetite and improves blood circulation.
- The body’s defenses are boosted with the consumption of strawberries, due to the large percentage of vitamin C. According to medical recommendations, the immune system must be protected by preventing colds and respiratory diseases. To this is added the folic acid that the strawberry contains and increases the production of red and white blood cells, as well as antibodies that function as a barrier to any virus, bacteria and parasites.
- The purifying and diuretic effect of strawberries stimulate urination and eliminate toxins through urine. If a person has problems with hyperuricemia, he will be able to eliminate uric acid and salts. At the same time, it combats fluid retention, so high blood pressure improves.
Other benefits of consuming strawberries
Today we are going to talk to you about an attractive and delicious food , which brings a lot of glamor to new trends in gastronomy and is very popular in Spain, a country recognized as its sixth producer worldwide, it is the strawberry ( Fragaria sp).
This fruit alone represents a range of attractions for people of all ages: shape, color, size and flavor. Perhaps what is most captivating about this fruit is the possibilities it offers when combined with other ingredients. The ideal time of day to consume it is the morning, which is why it is highly recommended to include it in diets to lose weight. Here we show you how you can make the most of the benefits of strawberries .
Strawberries have become almost an inevitable wild card in weight loss diets and this is mainly due to their low levels of sugar , fat and calories. Likewise, it is an important source of vitamin C, B2 and B3 , minerals such as manganese, magnesium and potassium, and natural fiber , which complete the picture of its benefits.
Uses to prevent
Due to its properties, it can be used in special diets because its regular consumption generates an anti- inflammatory, detoxifying and anticoagulant effect. For this reason, it is widely used in the treatment of cardiovascular conditions, such as high blood pressure.
Could it be considered the perfect ingredient?
There is a highly demanded use for the strawberry in people who take care of their health on a daily basis, it is in the case of weight loss programs. Its water content ranges between 85 and 90% and only 0.3% fat. That is why its most common use is as the main ingredient in shakes, smoothies , fruit salads, but it can also be consumed in jams, preserves, syrup, included in cakes and tarts.
These last options are the most recommended form where, in addition, its high water content is dispensed with, it is in its dehydrated version. In this last way, its organoleptic characteristics are enhanced.
Best fruit for weight loss
Precisely its more specific use for weight loss is supported by studies showing that the consumption of strawberries affects the production of two hormones, adiponectin and leptin, which help burn fat and improve metabolism. Both hormones are secreted naturally by adipose tissue, hence eating strawberries serves as a stimulus to counteract the tendency to obesity.
Strawberries contain a high amount of fiber that increases digestion and therefore improves elimination processes. For this reason, this fruit is ideal for eliminating the fat that settles in the belly and, due to its high fiber, it increases our feeling of satiety, preventing us from eating at the wrong time and, therefore, from snacking on unhealthy foods.
So if you do it very early, at the beginning of the day or mid-morning, within the framework of a very balanced diet and accompanied by regular physical activity, strawberries will be your perfect ally to reach your desired weight, which will make you feel Optimal health conditions and with a lot of vitality.