Jackfruit: The World’s Largest Fruit!
Jackfruit; With a diameter of 1.20 meters and a weight of up to 50 kilograms, it has the title of the largest fruit growing on a tree. We can say that this fruit is almost the size of a watermelon in terms of weight and size.
In addition to its appearance and taste, jack fruit is a food that is increasing in popularity around the world due to its positive effects on human health. This fruit, which has a high antioxidant content, prevents the formation of many diseases thanks to the vitamins, minerals, and components it contains.
What is Jackfruit?
- This nutrient, which has the title of the largest fruit growing on the tree, is in the class of tropical fruits.
- The Latin name of this fruit, which is a member of the Mulberry family, is Artocarpus heterophyllous.
- The jack fruit tree is an average of 15 meters tall.
- The diameter of the jack fruit can reach 1.20 meters and the weight can reach 50 kilograms.
- It grows naturally in rainforests.
- The jack fruit taste is likened to a mixture of pineapple, mango, and banana.
- It is a soft, fleshy, and oily fruit. Experts recommend that it be consumed in a controlled way because it is oily. Excessive consumption is not recommended.
- 100 grams of jack fruit is 95 kcal calories.
- It contains 0.4 g of fat, 2 g of protein, and 15 g of carbohydrates in the same proportion as jackfruit.
- 100 grams of jackfruit; It contains 407 mg of potassium, 48 mg of sodium, 37 mg of calcium, 1.8 mg of fiber, 0.5 mg of iron, 10 mg of vitamin B6, 15 mg of vitamin C, and 540 IU of vitamin A.
How to Eat Jackfruit?
- The jackfruit can be used in desserts as well as spicy dishes.
- This fruit is the raw material of Curry, the famous dish of Asian countries. Curry, a spicy dish, is made from the seeds of the jackfruit. These seeds are potato-like in shape.
- The seeds that come out when cut can be eaten after boiling or frying.
- It can be canned.
- It can also be consumed raw as fresh fruit.
- The seeds can be eaten by crushing and roasting.
- It can also be used to make cream and ice cream.
What are the Benefits of Jackfruit?
Jackfruit, which contains high levels of vitamin C, is a powerful antioxidant. Thanks to the vitamins, minerals, and components it contains, it is one of the fruits used in the field of health from past to present. So what are the jackfruit benefits? Let’s examine the answer to this question in detail.
1) It Is A Powerful Antioxidant
- Jakfruit is a fruit with high antioxidant content with the vitamins, minerals, and components it contains.
- Thanks to this feature, it purifies the body from toxins.
- It prevents deformation in cells. It creates a protective shield for cells.
- Therefore, it is possible to say that it eliminates the factors that predispose to cancer.
- It supports and strengthens the immune system.
2) Rich in B Vitamins
- Vitamin B is a type of vitamin that is rarely found in fruits.
- We can say that the jack fruit is different from other fruits in this respect. Because this fruit is rich in the vitamin B complex.
- B group vitamins help cells to regenerate quickly.
- In addition, this group of vitamins has many benefits for skin health. It removes fine wrinkles and reduces the appearance of deep wrinkles.
- It fights acne and acne. Eliminates the signs of premature aging. It gives the skin a more youthful, bright, and lively appearance.
3) It is friendly to the digestive system
- Jackfruit is a fruit rich in fiber.
- Thanks to this feature, it prevents intestinal problems such as constipation and bloating.
- Regulates and improves digestive system functions.
4) Increases the Count of Blood Cells
- What do you think is the food richest in folic acid after spinach? Yes, you got it right! Jackfruit!
- This unusual fruit increases the number of blood cells in the body, thanks to this feature. Therefore, anemia prevents the development of the problem.
- Jackfruit improves the functions of the salivary gland, thanks to the components it contains.
- It is a very effective food for cleaning the inside of the mouth. It kills germs and bacteria there.
Other positive effects of jackfruit on health include:
- The mixture of coconut and jack fruit is used in alternative medicine to reduce the complaints of ulcer patients.
- It regulates heart rate and pressure.
- This fruit, which is rich in potassium, balances body fluids thanks to this feature.
- It protects nerve cells. In this way, it reduces the risk of mental illness. It is effective against depression.
- Contributes to muscle and bone development.
- It helps to lose weight. However, in order to benefit from this feature, you should avoid excessive consumption. Since jack fruit is an oily food, excessive consumption is not recommended. The recommended daily consumption amount is 75 grams.
- Thanks to the vitamin C it contains, it keeps the body fit.
- It cleans the kidneys.
- Extracts made from its roots; It is good for asthma, skin, and fever disorders.
- It is a fruit rich in vitamin A. Thanks to this feature, it improves eye health and is good for vision disorders.
- It strengthens the vocal cords.
- It helps in the treatment of the thyroid gland.