How to Care for the Flower of Tears of Love?
How to Grow the Flower of Tears of Love at Home?
Tears of love, a member of the Crassulaceae family, can be easily grown in any home and environment. Its homeland is Madagascar. It is also known as the teardrop flower of love. The English call this flower “mother of millions”, that is, “mother of millions”.
It is a succulent type plant. Like all succulent plants, its leaves are fleshy. The flower of tears of love, which is very easy to care for, is an invasive species. It is a cheeky plant, so to speak. The soil type does not distinguish and does not like excess water.
This plant has lost its seed feature; It reproduces by leaving its sprouts where its roots are. You can also reproduce the plant by cutting a branch and planting it in another pot. Love’s tears flower can be grown both indoors and outdoors. However, we must say that it grows much faster and healthier outdoors.
Tears of Love Care and Cultivation
Like every flower, there are some tricks to take care of the flower of tears of love. The better the flowers of tears of love are cared for, the more tiny plants appear on the leaf margins. Then how to care for the teardrop flower of love, what are the tricks? Let’s look at the answers to these questions together!
Pot and Soil Selection
- For this plant, you should prefer soil that does not retain water. It shows its best growth in cactus soil.
- If you wish, you can add some sand to the soil for better drainage.
- If you wish, you can prepare well-drained soil by mixing equal amounts of sand, peat moss, vermiculite, perlite, and coconut shell.
- The soil should be changed every 2 years.
- The flower of tears of love needs drainage. Pots with multiple, large air vents are the ideal choice for this plant.
- This flower is an invasive species. We can even say that once you plant it, there is no salvation from it again.
- Because it can reproduce thousands of times from its leaves. Therefore, we recommend that you clean the puppies that start to sprout in the soil from time to time so that the pot does not shrink.
- This plant is drought resistant. However, we should underline that it develops much more vividly and beautifully with regular irrigation.
- The flower should be watered as the soil dries. Therefore, you can decide when to water by checking the soil frequently.
- Do not water the plant above the leaves. Take care to water the soil.
- Unnecessary and excessive watering can cause the roots of the plant to rot.
- Love’s tears flower can be grown indoors or outdoors. However, it shows a much faster and healthier development outdoors.
- Less sun, full sun, and half sun areas are suitable for this plant.
- When they get too much sun, burns may occur on the leaves. When they get a little sun, they grow too tall because they want to reach the sun. In this case, the plant becomes weak and powerless. It needs support to stand upright.
- It is a plant that likes to breathe. Therefore, when positioning the flower, you should take care to choose a place where it can meet its air needs.
- The location should be in a bright, daylight area.
- Protect the flower from direct sunlight.
Temperature and Heat
- Although this plant likes open areas, it is not resistant to winter conditions and cold weather.
- It can withstand a maximum of -2 degrees cold, provided that it is not exposed to direct wind.
- In winter, you can take your flower indoors if you wish.
- The tiny shoots that form on the leaf margins of the flower of love’s tears are poisonous.
- Although this venom is not lethal, it may require several days of hospitalization.
- Therefore, especially children and animals should be kept away from these tiny sprouts.
Does the Flower of Tears of Love Bloom?
- Now let’s look at the answer to the question “Do the tears of love bloom”.
- If the flower of love’s tears can catch the appropriate ambient temperature, it will bud any time between mid-autumn and late winter. It blooms in April.
- Plants taken indoors in winter can bloom during the winter if the environment they are in is warm enough.
- It usually begins to bloom as the plant grows taller. In the first bloom, the flowers are very dense and persistent.
- Each stem of this plant blooms by budding from the top.
- The flowers are in the form of an umbrella at the top of the stem.
- Their colors are pale pomegranate or coral.
How to Reproduce the Flower of Tears of Love?
- This flower is one of the easiest plants to propagate.
- Moreover, you do not need to apply different methods to reproduce. When the tiny sprouts on the leaf edges fall to the ground, you multiply the plant.
- You can also reproduce the plant by planting any of its branches in a different pot.
The Story of the Flower of Tears of Love, its Meaning and Types
- It is known that there are more than 150 species worldwide. However, if it is necessary to make a more general grouping; There are two types of flowers of tears of love, blooming and non-blooming.
- The rarest and most interesting species of this plant is the one with grayish-blue flowers. This species is also known as blue every.
- Blue love’s teardrop flower care is also done as we mentioned above. Suitable for indoor cultivation loves semi-shady places. Like other types of love tears, it is drought tolerant.
- The most important thing to consider when growing blue love’s teardrop flower is to remove the leaves that deteriorate from time to time. Because this plant does not like its leaves to be wet, and the wet leaves will deteriorate.
- The orange blooming type of the Love’s Tears plant is also very popular.
- There are varieties of this plant that bloom in spring, winter, and summer.
- The flower of tears of love is slightly different from other flowers in terms of appearance. The leaf margins are full of tiny seedlings. When these seedlings fall to the ground, a new plant is formed. Those who love the flower of tears of love, when this event happened, that is, when they saw the new seedlings, they would say “my flower has dripped”.