What to Eat in June? Vegetables and Fruits List
June Vegetables and Fruits List
The month of June is the beginning of the summer season and many foods rich in vitamins are grown in this month. At the same time, June has more variety in terms of vegetables and fruits compared to other months. Consumption of fruits and vegetables in the season both strengthens immunity and helps a healthy diet. In this respect, it should be well known which foods should be consumed according to the season.
June Vegetables and Fruits List
- Green beans
- Summer Squash
Of course, you have the chance to buy the vegetables and fruits you want all year long. However, the crops grown in the season; It is fresh, economical and healthy. This month, we have compiled the products that you should consume on time, which we compile for you every month. Here is the list of fruits and vegetables for the month of June that we have compiled for you!
What to Eat in June? Vegetables and Fruits List
The vegetables of June have matured and the fresh fruits of the summer season have begun to color the market stalls. Thanks to these delicious foods, you can both add variety to your meals and find healing for many diseases.
So, what are the crops of June that will add flavor to your tables and what are the most known benefits?
- Spinach is an annual herbaceous plant with dark green leaves and many nutrients.
- It is consumed as food in many parts of the world. Salad, meal and drink can be made.
- It is considered a healthy food as it is rich in nutrients and antioxidants.
- It contains folic acid, vitamin A, potassium, calcium and vitamin K. Spinach is low in carbohydrates but high in fiber.
- It contains beneficial components such as lutein and osteoporosis. While lutein protects eye health, it is protective against many diseases, especially osteoporosis and cancer.
- The nitrate content in it helps to regulate blood pressure. This reduces the risk of heart disease.
- According to research, it also has a feature that reduces stress.
- People with kidney stone disease should consume it in consultation with a doctor to avoid possible side effects.
2) Fresh Beans
- Green beans are a type of vegetable grown in many countries. It is actually native to North, South and Central America.
- Green beans are known by other names as green beans and string beans. Green beans are a type of bean.
- It can be grown throughout the year, but it is more beneficial to consume in this season. It can be consumed by making a dish with olive oil.
- You can easily add it to your diet list. Because there is almost no oil in green beans.
- It is a good source of minerals and vitamins. In this way, it helps the body fight free radicals.
- Since it is a source of fiber, it always protects your heart health. Fiber is an important nutrient.
- One cup of green beans contains 2 g of protein. Protein; protects bone, hair, organ and muscle health.
- Green beans should be stored in the refrigerator in the refrigerator bag and should be consumed within a week.
- Frozen beans will lose their vitamin value.
3) Summer Squash
- Zucchini is a vegetable that can exceed 1 meter in length and is usually harvested when it is not very ripe.
- It is most commonly grown in America. Its consumption is high all over the world. It can be cooked and fried.
- It is rich in vitamins, minerals and beneficial plant compounds. Cooked zucchini and raw zucchini are rich in protein, but cooked zucchini contains more vitamin A.
- It should be consumed with pumpkin peel. Because its shell has a high level of antioxidants. Antioxidant protects your body from free radicals.
- The fiber in pumpkin may lower blood pressure and heart disease risks. In addition, it is good for diabetics.
- The lutein in it helps maintain eye health and reduces age-related eye disorders.
- It is a low calorie food. It has high water and fiber content, all of which create a feeling of satiety.
- It helps limit the death and growth of certain cancer cells. It has many benefits like this.
- Peas are a food in the legumes group. It is cultivated around the world today, although its origins date back to Asia and the Middle East.
- You can consume peas by flavoring them with various vegetables and meat.
- It can easily be added to diet meals. If you are going to make a diet meal, you should put oil and salt in the food in small amounts.
- It is rich in vitamins and minerals. Especially vitamin C strengthens your immune system.
- Peas contain anti-inflammatory vitamins. Vitamins A and B in it help reduce inflammation.
- It is a fat free food. In this respect, it reduces the risk of cancer. Being sodium free also prevents the risk of high blood pressure.
- Being rich in fiber makes it easy to digest. It is one of the high protein source vegetables.
- It contains heart-healthy minerals such as magnesium, potassium and calcium.
- Basil is a plant that usually grows in temperate climates and belongs to the honeydew family.
- Its scientific name is known as Ocimum Basilicum and it grows in many parts of the world.
- This fragrant plant is used as a spice in dishes. It adds flavor to many dishes.
- It can be consumed both fresh and dried. It gives a different flavor to salads.
- Basil is often used in alternative medicine. Syrup is prepared from its fresh leaves.
- It has the feature of increasing breast milk and strengthens the immune system.
- If fresh basil is chewed in the mouth, it removes bad breath and has antibacterial properties.
- It delays aging by protecting cells and is used in the treatment of wounds in the mouth.
- Watermelon is an annual plant from the cucurbit family. It is a sweet and refreshing summer snack.
- You can prepare wonderful drinks with watermelon or add flavor to fruit plates.
- There is enough water in watermelon. Consuming enough water protects skin health and supports digestion.
- Watermelon increases resistance to chronic diseases and protects the body against free radicals.
- Because it creates a feeling of satiety, those who want to lose weight should have it on their diet list.
- It is known to reduce muscle pain, especially by those who do sports.
- It is high in terms of nutritional values. 100 grams of watermelon contains 8 grams of carbohydrates and 0.6 grams of protein.
- The fact that watermelon is rich in antioxidants provides protection against many types of cancer.
- Cherry is among the sweet June fruits of the rose family.
- Various drinks, jams and sauces can be made from cherries. It can be consumed by adding it into cakes.
- It can be a great option for yogurt and cereal.
- It is one of the fruits with the highest medicinal value. Because it is very rich in antioxidants.
- Thanks to the melatonin in cherries, you can sleep well and peacefully.
- One cup of cherries is less than 100 calories. So it is a low calorie food. You can safely have it on your diet list.
- It balances the amount of both potassium and sodium. Because it contains a good amount of potassium, it helps to remove excess sodium from the body.
- It helps maintain your blood pressure level and reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Peach is a juicy summer fruit from the rosaceae family. It likes temperate climates.
- It is thought to have spread to the world from China and is a symbol of longevity.
- It is mostly grown in Bursa and Mediterranean regions in Turkey.
- Peach can be consumed by making jam and drink. It can also be added to the cake. It is among the juicy and sweet fruits.
- It is a good source of vitamin C and is rich in antioxidants.
- Being rich in vitamin A helps you maintain eye and skin health. It reduces inflammation and moisturizes the skin.
- It is more beneficial when consumed with peach peel and contains high fiber content. Fiber maintains gut health.
- Contains potassium and calcium. In this way, it regulates blood sugar and allows you to have strong bones.