How to Clean Roller Blinds? Easy Cleaning Tips at Home
Every year, different designs and products come to the fore in home decoration. These products are almost prepared to make your home look more elegant and spacious. Design decorative products, carpets and furniture that appeal to all tastes can only be completed with a stylish curtain. Well, when it comes to curtains, roller blinds, whose sales have increased considerably in recent years, draw attention. Because it is practical and takes up very little space, it definitely finds a place in a room in every house. By cleaning the roller blinds from time to time, you both extend the life of the curtains and always create a hygienic environment in your home. Because every item collects dust and dust causes disease!
Almost everyone has a practical and effective idea about washing roller blinds. In this article, we will bring these ideas together and make the roller blinds in your home look like new. We will not leave dust and stains by keeping a deep lens on the question of how to clean the roller blind. So let’s roll up our sleeves for cleaning!
How to Clean Roller Blinds?
Before the holiday or before special invitations, the following question comes up in every house: “How to clean the roller blind at home?” Don’t worry, we explain it all now:
- For the safe washing of roller blinds, it should be given to companies that do dry cleaning and do this job specifically. Since they are a curtain with a mechanism; It cannot be washed in the washing machine at home.
- But those who want to wash at home can wash the roller blinds just like washing a carpet. For this, you must first separate your curtain from its mechanism.
- Wash the curtain separated from the mechanism with detergent, lay it on a flat surface and avoiding very hard blows with a soft brush.
- At the end of the washing process, clean it with plenty of water, dry it under the sun and put it back into the mechanism.
- How to wash a roller blind, you may be saying that there is no space to open on the floor at home.
- In this case, after removing your curtain, you can wash it vertically in the bathroom.
- You can wash the curtain you hold vertically by opening it gradually.
- After washing, you can wait for the water of the curtain you rolled to droop a little, and then hang it back to dry in a slightly damp state.
- In addition, the most effective detergent will be soap for those who wonder with which detergent to wash the roller blinds. The soap will instantly remove the dust on the curtain.
- Or you can start cleaning by choosing curtain cleaning detergents available in the market.
Home Roller Blind Cleaning Tips
- Before cleaning, you will need some materials: water, soap, soft cloth and a soft brush.
- Before removing your roller blind, wrap it up and unroll it by unlocking the left and right locks.
- Then lay your curtain on a flat surface without wrinkles.
- If there are wrinkles, you can disrupt the structure of your curtain with the effect of water.
- You should use hot water during washing and detergent foaming.
- With the effect of hot water, dirt and dust will go away immediately.
- For rinsing, you should prefer cold water.
- You should be careful not to fold your curtain after washing.
- Roller blind models may require different washing or wiping processes. For example, if you are using a printed roller blind, you should be careful to preserve the colors.
- It will speed up your work by examining the videos according to the type of your model to find answers to the questions of how to remove the roller blinds for roller blind cleaning and how to install roller blinds.
- If you are looking for roller blind models that can be easily removed and installed, we recommend that you choose the ones with velcro.
How to Clean Roller Blinds Without Removing It?
- If you want to clean your roller blind without removing it, we have to give you the answer to the question of how to wipe the roller blind.
This method will be an easier method of roller blind cleaning. Here are the steps you need to follow to delete your roller blind:
- First, open your roller blind completely.
- You can use a ladder to reach the upper surfaces.
- In the meantime, do not neglect your life safety.
- To clean, you can foam soap in warm water in a deep bowl.
- Or you can choose detergents produced for curtain cleaning.
- Soak a soft cloth in soapy water and wring out. Wipe your curtain once or twice with this cloth.
- After making sure that the dust is gone, clean the soap effect by taking a cloth that has been washed with clean and cold water.
- Do not close your curtain after these short actions.
- Let your curtain sit until it dries open and ventilated.
- If you say how to wipe the roller blind, how to clean it without removing the front and back, you can wipe the part where the curtain descends by leaning it against the wall, and then you can clean the other side that is in the form of a roll.
- In this way, you will have double-sided cleaning.
If you are wondering how to clean the roller blinds, what is the most comfortable method at home, you can do the cleaning with a dishwasher detergent that you add to warm water.
- When you wipe with a sponge, there will be no foaming and you can easily remove all the dirt.
Can Roller Blinds Be Ironed?
- As soon as your roller blind is wrinkled, you will think of ironing it.
- You can remove some wrinkles by ironing your roller blinds.
- However, we would like to point out that in the roller blinds that undergo the ironing process, the finishes are damaged and this situation becomes permanent.
- Finishes are materials that make your curtain shine. You can renew the finishes with an extra cost. Well, that would mean re-spending.
- In order not to experience this stressful situation; Better be more careful when washing your roller blinds.
- Otherwise, you may have to go shopping for a new one.