What is Sea Salt? What are the Benefits?
Salt, which is one of the most important food sources for all living organisms, is also an important substance for other industries. All compounds formed by the reaction of acids and bases are called salts.
Naturally occurring salts can have a green, blue, red, yellow and gray color. It is found in liquid form in seas and lakes and in solid form in the form of rock salt.
The compound, which is generally used to sweeten dishes, has more than 14 thousand uses. The substance in the structure of many industrial products is used in the textile, rubber, paper and glass industries. Salt, which is also used in water softening systems, is most commonly found in food ingredients. In addition to its aroma and preservative effect, it is used as a thickener in foods such as pickles, tomato paste, olives, cheese and bread.
What is Sea Salt?
Sea salt is the type of salt that is formed as a result of the evaporation of sea water by the sun or wind power naturally, without any chemical treatment or additive . One of the most frequently asked questions about sea salt is whether sea salt is iodized.
Sea salt contains about 84 kinds of minerals , mainly iodine, bromine, sodium, magnesium, potassium and calcium , which are beneficial for the body . Due to the minerals it contains, sea salt is quite different from table salt in terms of particle size, color and especially taste. For this reason, many famous chefs and gourmets around the world use sea salt to make their meals more delicious and healthy.
So, sea salt or rock salt , which is healthier? Since both salts are not processed, it contains a high percentage of minerals and elements .
Although it has benefits with its rich minerals, sea salt is also a harmful substance. Excessive consumption is harmful for high blood pressure, kidney and thyroid patients.
How Is Sea Salt Formed?
The most frequently asked question about sea salt is how to produce sea salt . Sea salt is obtained as a result of the evaporation of salty water in the sea, ocean and lakes with solar energy by storing them in special pools. The remaining substance from the evaporated water is sea salt. The obtained salt is processed, packaged and offered for sale.
So, is sea salt healthy? Since it has not undergone any chemical treatment and is not refined, it contains a large number of elements. These elements, which give the component its color and flavor, are among the indispensable minerals of the human body.
Sea salt, which has similar properties to the refined salt used on our tables, also contains sodium chloride . The difference from table salt is the different mineral content in addition to sodium chloride.
The color of sea salt is generally pink, and the mineral that gives it its pink color is iron.
What Are the Benefits of Sea Salt?
- The fluoride in its content is beneficial for tooth and gum diseases. Mouthwash made with sea salt added to warm water heals mouth sores, stops bleeding gums and relieves sore throat.
- Sea salt, which has an anti-inflammatory effect, is good for rheumatism and rheumatoid arthritis pain.
- Sea salt added to bath water treats bone pain when applied to knees aching due to osteoarthritis. Sodium chloride in the salt content relieves pain.
- Sea salt, which has anti-inflammatory properties, is used in the treatment of swelling and congestion in the nose and sinuses. Sea salt, which is good for respiratory disorders and nasal allergies, is used as a nasal spray.
- The minerals contained in the sea salt bath support the regular functioning of the body’s circulatory system and regulate the liquid electrolyte balance.
- The sea salt foot bath added to the warm water has a relaxing effect on the feet having a busy day. It relieves pain by relaxing the muscles.
- It supports the regulation of blood sugar.
- It regulates the tension. So, does sea salt raise blood pressure? When used in high doses, it has a blood pressure-raising effect.
- The magnesium and potassium in its content reduce the pressure in the muscle, protect muscle health and prevent cramp formation.
- The solution prepared with sea salt added to warm water protects the eyes against germs. The solution, which is also used in the treatment of swollen and tired eyes, removes the dark circles under the eyes and reduces the wrinkles around them.
- Balancing the body’s alkaline acid balance and regulating the body pH level are among the benefits of sea salt.
Sea Salt Peel: What are the Benefits of Sea Salt for Skin?
The minerals in sea salt have a rejuvenating effect on the skin. Sea salt added to bath water smoothes the skin, prevents wrinkles and rejuvenates it. Sea salt, which has anti-inflammatory properties , and the high magnesium in its content, regulate the blood circulation in the skin layer by ensuring the removal of toxic substances in the body.
The compound, which is widely used in the cosmetics industry, is included in the structure of antiperspirant products, deodorants and perfumes. Sea salt mask, which has the effect of regulating the color tone of the skin, ensures that the dead skin is removed from the skin and prevents exfoliation. Sea salt, which has a granular structure, treats psoriasis when used as a body peeling.
Sea salt added to a mud or sulfur bath relieves symptoms such as itching and scaling in psoriasis patients. Sulfur in its structure helps to heal acne and pimples on the skin. Sea salt peeling also removes scars and blackheads caused by acne and pimples. Sea salt, which is applied to the skin regularly with massage, prevents the formation of cellulite. When used together with sea salt and lemon juice, it is effective in reducing body hair.
What are the Effects of Sea Salt Spray?
Sea water, which stands out with its health benefits and naturalness, is one of the most used components in the field of cosmetics. Sea salt plays an active role in the problem of hair loss. Sea salt spray produced by many different cosmetic brands prevents hair loss and helps hair grow faster.
With the effect of regulating blood circulation, it increases the circulation in the scalp and provides better nutrition to the hair follicles. Sea salt, which has an active role in the cosmetic industry with its protective effect on hair health, refreshes the scalp.
Sea salt spray, which is used regularly, allows you to have silky soft and lively hair. Sea salt sprays, which also help to shape the hair, are preferred because they are natural and do not contain additives.
What Does Sea Salt Do? Where is it used?
Sea salt, which strengthens the immune system thanks to its antioxidant vitamin content, has a preventive effect on common cold infections, especially in winter. Regular and dosed use of sea salt slows down allergic asthma attacks.
Sea salt, which reduces the secretion of adrenaline, known as the stress hormone, has an anti-depression effect. Sea salt, which has anti-thyroid properties, reduces the cortisone level, which causes fatigue, stress and exhaustion, and prevents stress by balancing the thyroid level.
Sea salt, which increases the secretion of melatonin and serotonin, known as the happiness hormone, is good for depression. Due to its alkaline feature, it helps to lose weight by regulating the digestive system. It is possible to lose weight with sea salt, which is used regularly and in doses.
Sea salt, which is used to prevent asthma attacks, prevents osteoporosis. In addition, sea salt soap and sea salt cream made from sea salt are widely used for skin problems. 2 tablespoons of sea salt added to 1 glass of water neutralizes energy in negatively charged environments. Sea salt and apple cider vinegar provide the same effect . The sea salt lamp, which you can put anywhere in the house, also removes bad energy from the environment. Sea salt is used in the aquarium.