How Many Calories in Cucumber | Nutritional Value of Cucumber
Having a fit body is everyone’s dream. Who does not want to achieve ideal weight and body measurements? There are many alternatives for people who do not have the opportunity to get expert help to lose weight. Eating low-calorie foods is one of these alternatives. Can we count cucumbers in the list of low-calorie foods? How much does cucumber play a role in losing weight? You can find the answers to these questions in the article.
How Many Calories in Cucumber?
Cucumber is a food with a very high water content and low calorie value. It is a food that can be used quite often and abundantly in diet programs applied to lose weight or maintain the ideal weight. For people who follow a diet program with the aim of providing weight control and slimming, consuming cucumber is an ideal choice in case of hunger. Many people who are thinking of losing weight wonder how many calories in 1 cucumber. The calorie content of cucumber, which is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B12, iron and calcium, and is a good helper in suppressing hunger without taking too many calories, and the answer to the question of how many calories in a cucumber are as follows:
- A 100-gram medium cucumber is 15 (kcal) calories.
- How many calories in 1 cucumber? 1 large cucumber of approximately 120 grams is 20 (kcal) calories.
- The average calorie value of a small cucumber under 100 grams is 9 (kcal) calories.
Nutritional Value of Cucumber
Cucumber is a vegetable that draws attention with its low calorie content and contains plenty of water in its structure. When the nutritional values of one medium cucumber are examined, the figures are as follows:
- Carbs: 4.36 g.
- Fat: 0.78 gr.
- Protein: 0.13 g.
- Fiber: 0.6 g.
- Potassium: 176.4 mg.
- Calcium: 19.2mg.
- Vitamin A: 126 iu.
- Vitamin C: 3.36 g.
How Many Calories in Tomato Cucumber? (Cold Salad)
Cucumber salad, which is among the foods frequently preferred by people who follow a diet program for the purpose of losing weight, is made by chopping tomatoes and cucumbers into large pieces and bringing them together. Optionally, green pepper can be added to the cold cut salad. The question of how many calories a salad burns often comes to the fore by people who want to lose weight. However, there is a misconception about this.
Consumption of salad helps not to burn calories, but to lose weight by taking less calorie and nutritious foods into the body. Rich in vitamin C, folic acid and fiber, cold cuts are a good low-calorie option that gives energy and helps to stay full for those who follow a diet program. If it is consumed without oil, the cold salad has a low value in terms of calories.
- The average value of 1 portion of 100 grams of cold cut salad is 15 (kcal) calories.
How Many Calories in Cucumber with Yogurt?
It is a type of appetizer and salad that is frequently consumed in diet menus thanks to its satisfying and satiating effect along with light meals.
Cucumber with yoghurt, which is consumed as a salad or appetizer, especially with lunch and dinner meals, in other words tzatziki:
- It is 62 (kcal) calories as a medium size serving of 120 grams.
How Many Calories in 1 Pickled Cucumber?
As a low-calorie, vitamin-rich and water-rich food, cucumber can be consumed in diet programs as plain, cold salad and yogurt appetizers, as well as in pickled form. According to the measurements of pickled cucumbers, the calorie value is as follows:
- A medium-sized portion of 60 grams of pickled cucumber is 4 (kcal) calories.
- 1 pickled cucumber of 35 grams is 2 (kcal) calories.
- 20 grams of a small size pickled cucumber is 1 (kcal) calorie.
Does Cucumber Lose Weight? Can You Eat Cucumbers on a Diet?
- Cucumber is a food rich in fiber, which is very low in calories and allows you to stay full for a long time without gaining weight.
- People who have weight problems and aim to lose weight can increase their cucumber consumption and apply a healthy diet program. However, as it is true for any food, excessive consumption of cucumber can cause negative effects.
- People who consume more than enough cucumber to lose weight and do not complete the need for other nutrients and vitamins that the body needs during the day may experience health problems.
- At the same time, consuming only cucumbers at an unusual rate can cause the amount of calories to be taken from other foods to be exceeded.
- For this reason, a balanced diet program that is suitable for the person’s body should be applied and cucumber should be consumed by including it in this program in sufficient quantity.
- If consumed correctly, the positive effects of cucumber on weight loss can be noticed.
How is the Cucumber Diet Made?
As with all diets, you should not forget that you should consult your doctor before applying the cucumber diet. Especially patients with hypothyroidism should take care to apply this diet under the control of a doctor. It is necessary to apply the cucumber diet for 3 days without interruption.
Cucumber Diet List
The first meal of the day is breakfast:
- 1 cup of green tea
- 1 sliced cucumber
- 1 seasonal fruit
- 1 glass of hot or cold lemon water
Snack that suppresses the feeling of hunger:
- 100 grams of yoghurt (non-fat yoghurt is more suitable)
- Optionally, 1 or 2 cucumbers
- 1 serving of green salad
- 1 cucumber
- 1 seasonal fruit
- 1 cup of tea (unsweetened should be preferred)
- 1 boiled egg
Dinner, the last meal of the day:
- 1 slice of grilled fish (chicken breast or turkey can be preferred according to personal preference)
- 1 bowl of cucumber salad (it is recommended to be prepared with apple cider vinegar)