What Is Good For Nasal Discharge? 11 Herbal Remedy
The nose and sinuses are there for you to breathe at a healthy level. If you have a sensitive structure affected by environmental factors and do not have a healthy lifestyle, your nose and sinuses may be damaged by your environment. As a result of these damages, various diseases occur.
What Is Good For Nasal Discharge?
- Lemon juice
- Orange juice
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Pineapple juice
- Mint oil
- Lavender oil
- Green tea
Now let’s talk about a problem that occurs when the nose and sinuses are blocked . Let’s talk about what is the nasal discharge that many people experience from time to time.
Reminding that health should not be neglected, we would like to emphasize that herbal treatment methods offered by nature can also be good for you. If you are experiencing a post-nasal drip in your nose and sinuses, you can find the right answers to the question of what are the solutions for post-nasal drip in your mind .
What is Nasal Discharge?
- Sometimes you may feel like you have phlegm in your throat. You notice this especially when you are sleeping and resting in a lying position.
- The nasal discharge that causes the throat to be blocked is the name of a fluid that travels from the nose and sinus canal to the throat. This state of discharge is referred to as nasal discharge.
- The accumulation of mucus in the throat can be experienced by many people. There is a cure for this ailment.
- Nasal discharge was treated with herbal treatments by experts such as İbrahim Saraçoğlu .
- Now, let’s offer you the most economical and easy methods, herbal solution suggestions for postnasal drip.
What Is Good For Nasal Discharge? 11 Herbal Remedies at Home
- When you say how to stop a post-nasal drip, we will recommend you to eat a lot of garlic in this process.
- Garlic is a natural antibiotic and eliminates the conditions that cause postnasal drip.
- Revitalizes the body’s defense mechanism and opens the sinuses.
- Garlic can be consumed raw or added to meals during the day.
- If you are wondering what is good for postnasal drip, how to solve this problem naturally, you can actually consume garlic as an immune booster so that you never experience this situation.
2) Lemon Juice
- On days when you have a post-nasal drip, you should consume lemon juice, which is a source of vitamin C.
- If you wish, you can gargle with lemon juice and accelerate the opening of the sinuses.
- Lemon, a source of antioxidants and vitamin C, facilitates the rapid removal of mucus.
- Squeezing lemon juice from fresh lemons will also double the effect.
3) Orange Juice
- Nasal discharge can occur in any season. If it happens on winter days, this can be even more tiring and stressful.
- Orange, which is consumed to strengthen the immune system, can also be consumed as fruit juice in the process of post-nasal drip.
- Since orange juice contains vitamin C, it facilitates the removal of germs and bacteria from the body.
- By drinking orange juice often, you can relieve nasal discharge with natural methods.
4) Apple Cider Vinegar
- Apple cider vinegar is also one of the antibiotic-effective foods and is good for postnasal drip.
- When you add some apple cider vinegar to 1 glass of water and consume it, you will clear the nasal discharge.
- Helping to open the respiratory tract, apple cider vinegar will help you sleep and breathe more comfortably.
- If the apple cider vinegar tastes bitter, you can soften it by adding some honey.
5) Pineapple Juice
- Pineapple is one of the powerful antioxidant fruits. In case of post-nasal drip, it will be like medicine.
- If you consume pineapple juice regularly, you can reduce and eliminate the nasal discharge in a short time.
- Thanks to the pineapple juice, which has an antibacterial effect, you will both protect your body against germs and prevent the flow.
- When consuming pineapple juice, we recommend that you choose fresh and organic ones.
6) Peppermint Oil
- Another way to open the breath in post-nasal drip is to use peppermint oil. Peppermint oil has a refreshing effect and allows you to breathe comfortably through the nose.
- If you keep peppermint oil in the room where you will sleep, you can minimize the risk of post- nasal drip during sleep .
- If you wish, you can mix 1 drop of peppermint oil with 1 glass of water and drink it.
- Peppermint oil is one of the natural remedies recommended for post-nasal drip.
- Smelling peppermint oil is also an alternative method for those who say what is good for allergic nasal discharge.
- Those who say what is good for postnasal drip, is there a natural way to relax babies can also steam a little peppermint oil in hot water in the environment where the baby is.
7) Lavender Oil
- If you say what is good for post-nasal drip, can you benefit from herbal oils, lavender oil will come to your rescue with its fragrant scent.
- Lavender oil, like peppermint oil, relaxes the nasal passage with its sharp smell.
- Lavender oil, which accelerates the excretion of phlegm from nasal discharge, also facilitates breathing.
- Lavender oil, which is mentioned many times among natural treatment methods, is now a remedy for postnasal drip.
- Even when you mix lavender oil with a little water and inhale it, you can get rid of nasal discharge.
- If you are asking what is good for post-nasal drip, what can I do at home, one of the sharpest solutions is ginger.
- Ginger, which removes bacteria and infection, also eliminates the discomforts that occur in the nasal discharge.
- Increasing the body’s resistance, ginger accelerates blood circulation and expels fluids that cause sinus congestion.
- Ginger tea, ginger steam, ginger water make it easier to get rid of postnasal drip.
- A mixture of ginger, cinnamon, honey and lemon is also among the mixtures recommended for post-nasal drip.
- If your nasal discharge has just started, you can stop this disease by consuming ginger before it goes too far.
- Honey is one of the beneficial nutrients that protects the body’s resistance.
- You can prevent postnasal drip by mixing honey with many foods and consuming it.
- You can drink herbal teas with honey. In addition, nasal discharge can be relieved with a mixture of olive oil and honey.
- The organic nature of honey accelerates the healing of the disease.
10) Green Tea
- Antioxidant-effective green tea is not missing from the cups of those who suffer from post-nasal drip.
- Green tea, which has strong effects on clearing inflammation, purifies the body and helps to stop the flow.
- You can help clear the sinuses by drinking green tea twice a day.
- If you wish, you can apply a natural treatment by brewing green tea and breathing the steam.
- What is good for postnasal drip is a question also discussed by Saraçoğlu and İbrahim Saraçoğlu recommends sage.
After infusing sage for 10 minutes, you can strain and drink it.
- Time is important when brewing sage because when the plant stays in too much hot water, harmful substances can emerge and the taste of the tea becomes bitter.
What Causes Nasal Discharge?
- Nasal discharge usually occurs during the change of seasons .
- This situation, which is caused by the changing weather in sensitive bodies, can sometimes be caused by the use of drugs.
- Sinusitis triggers nasal discharge.
- Some pregnant women may experience post-nasal drip during pregnancy.
- Allergy to spices or different foods can also cause postnasal drip.
- Sharp odors, perfume and food odors can also cause this disease.
- Working in a dusty and open environment is a cause of postnasal drip.
- Intranasal substance use
- Reduction of hair in the nose and damage to the inner tissue
- Brain and spinal fluid leaks
- Causes arising from the working environment
Nasal Discharge Symptoms, How to Understand?
There are some symptoms of postnasal drip. If you’re experiencing the symptoms on our list, it’s time to see a doctor!
- frequent sneezing
- watering eyes
- difficult breathing
- Itching and burning sensation in the throat
- Don’t think you have phlegm all the time
- Coughs, especially at night
- ear infections
- urge to spit
How is Nasal Discharge Treatment Done?
Postnasal drip can be treated with herbal means as well as with medical support. For this, you need to consult with the “Ear, Nose and Throat Diseases” doctor. The treatment methods he will offer you will be as follows:
- Your doctor may give you medicine and mouthwash to open the sinus canals.
- It is recommended to use the medicines regularly and to go to your doctor again after the medicine is finished.
- As a result of the examination, the condition of the sinus canals is determined.
- During the treatment process, make sure that the environment you are in is very hygienic and airy.
- The drugs you will use are drugs that soften mucus and relieve nasal congestion. Regular use of these drugs will destroy the disease.
- In this process, it is also added that you drink plenty of water. Water thins the mucus and allows it to be expelled more easily.
- By drinking water, you both support the effect of the drugs and prevent the nasal discharge by maintaining the moisture balance of the body.
What Are Nasal Discharge Damages?
If postnasal drip is not treated, it can cause many health problems. In some people, it has been observed that nasal discharge is harmful to the lungs. For this reason, it is necessary to go to the doctor on the first day of the disease. The possible harms of nasal discharge are as follows:
- It affects the oral health , as there will be a desire to spit frequently .
- If left untreated, it can become chronic.
- It can also slow down the ability to hear, as it will also cause otitis media .
- Postnasal drip, which causes swelling of the throat, can cause chronic diseases.