Sandalwood Oil: Benefits, Usage
Derived from the hardwood of the heart of sandalwood, this oil offers both physical and mental benefits. It has been used as incense in celebrations such as weddings and birthdays since ancient times. Pure sandalwood oil, which has an important place in hair and body care, has an effective formula to moisturize and rejuvenate your skin.
You can benefit from the scent of sandalwood oil to rest your soul, calm down and reduce the negative effects of stress. It makes you feel in touch with nature with its woody scent.
3 Benefits of Sandalwood Oil for Your Skin
Sandalwood oil calms your soul with both its scent and its formula. This miraculous oil, which highlights the natural structure of your skin, hides the secret of a younger skin. The most important of the benefits of sandalwood oil is that it is skin-friendly. It repairs light wrinkles of your skin and makes it have a natural glow.
1) Prevents Stain Formation
- Sandalwood oil has a restorative effect on skin blemishes. It evens out skin tone by reducing the appearance of blemishes.
- It plays a helpful role in removing unwanted skin problems such as dark circles, acne spots, redness.
- It prevents the formation of brown skin spots caused by sun rays and aging.
2) Reduces Wrinkles
- While providing the right moisture balance to your skin, it also protects against the aging effects of the sun.
- The most important effect of sandalwood oil on the skin is that it reduces age lines.
- It provides your skin with the moisture it needs and gives it smoothness.
- It provides a fresh look by repairing cracked, dried and wrinkled skin with the effect of environmental factors and years.
3) Cleanses Skin
- It revitalizes your skin by cleaning it from dead skin and bacteria.
- It purifies air pollution and make-up residues from your skin all day long.
- Deeply cleanses and tightens pores.
- It gives you the opportunity to have a younger, energetic and fresh look.
What Does Sandalwood Oil Do, How Is It Used?
- Sandalwood oil moisturizes your skin affected by weather changes and reduces the appearance of dark spots.
- Sandalwood oil , which is also used in hair care, makes your hair look moist and shiny.
- It helps your hair look full and shiny. It helps you have voluminous and non-shedding hair.
- For those who are wondering how to use sandalwood oil for hair, let’s point out that you can apply a few drops of sandalwood oil to your hair ends after a shower.
- This application allows your hair to moisturize and gain a natural shine.
- For those who think that sandalwood oil can be applied to the face, we can state that it should not be applied around the eyes and inside the ears.
- Before using this oil, which is a natural product, you should consult a specialist to avoid any allergic reaction or unwanted effects.
How to Obtain Sandalwood Oil?
- It is an essential oil obtained from sandalwood trees grown in India.
- It is obtained from the yellowish wood of the tree by steam distillation method.
How Does Sandalwood Oil Smell?
- The scent of sandalwood oil has a sweet, woody and soft essence.
- It is classified as a middle note.
- It has a scent that clears the mind and provides focus.
- It has a structure that reduces stress and gives relief.