How Many Calories in Dry Beans?
Dry bean is a legume that is consumed fondly in Turkish cuisine. Thanks to the vitamins it contains, it gives strength and energy to the body. Dry beans, which support the strengthening of the bone structure, are considered to be a vegetable sourced protein store. Dry beans, which have an important place in vegetarian nutrition, are consumed with pleasure in salads, meals and salads. Even while the food is being prepared, you can witness different flavors. Dry beans, which are guests on your plates in the form of sausage, meat and pastrami, are sometimes turned into flour and take their place in diet nutrition.
In our country, where there are a lot of dry bean smokers, there is a dry bean seller that has maintained its quality for years in almost every city. Have you ever thought about how many calories are in dried beans that make you feel good while eating? Then you can do some brainstorming.
In this article, “How many calories in dry beans?” We will do the calculation. In this article, where you can get the calorie information of dried beans, there are also tips for cooking dried beans. Looks like the menu for dinner is ready, what do you think? Come on then, enjoy!
How Many Calories in Dried Bean Meal?
You can prepare a vegetarian menu by cooking dry beans without meat.
Calorie information for meatless lovers:
- 1 tablespoon of dried beans 24 calories
- A full tablespoon of dried beans is 34 calories
- Medium portion of dried beans 146 calories
- Large portion of dried beans 340 calories
- Half a plate of dried beans 136 calories
- A 275 gram serving is 267 calories.
How Many Calories in Beans with Meat?
- 1 tablespoon of dried beans 35 calories
- A full tablespoon of dried beans 47 calories
- 200 grams serving 233 calories
- Large serving 466 calories
- The medium portion is calculated as 379 calories.
How Many Calories in Baked Beans?
- 1 tablespoon of baked beans with bacon 32 calories
- Medium portion of baked beans with bacon 320 calories
- A 100 gram portion is worth 160 calories.
How Many Calories in Dry Bean Rice?
Isn’t there rice on a table with dry beans? Dry beans and rice are two flavors integrated. Even smokers call it “dry rice”. If you say what is the calorie information of dry beans and rice, here are the curious information:
- 1 tablespoon of dried beans and rice 44 calories
- Medium portion of dried beans 336 calories
- Small portion of dried beans 219 calories
- A 100 gram portion of dry beans will be equivalent to 146 calories.
How Many Calories in Boiled Dry Beans?
You can also consume dried beans by boiling them. You can add boiled beans to salads. When you wonder how many calories are boiled dried beans, you will encounter the following data:
- 1 tablespoon of dried beans 28 calories
- A full tablespoon of dried beans 43 calories
- 1 cup of dried beans 114 calories
- 1 cup of dried beans 227 calories
- Small portion of baked beans 185 calories
- Medium sized portion of dried beans 256 calories
- A large serving of dry beans is 327 calories.
How Many Calories in Baked Bean Bread?
The calorie information of dry bean pide, which is rich in B vitamins and colored with vegetables, is calculated as follows:
- 1 tablespoon is 9 calories
- Medium bowl 135 calories
- 180 grams is 162 calories
- Half a plate of dry bean flatbread is also worth 135 calories.
Nutrient Value of Dry Beans
When we list the nutritional value of dry beans, which is a legume with high nutritional value, the following numbers will draw attention:
- 20.59 grams of carbohydrates
- 15.23 grams of protein
- 0.95 grams of fat
- 22.52 grams of fiber
- 11.2 mg sodium
- 648.9 potassium
- 98.7mg calcium
- 46. 9 iu of vitamin A
- 1.75mg of vitamin C
- It contains 3.3 iron.
As you can see, dry beans are a complete store of vitamins and minerals. It gives energy. It keeps you full for a long time when consumed. It also protects heart health.
Golden Tips to Consider When Cooking Baked Beans
To cook a delicious baked beans, you need to know some golden rules. If you follow these steps before cooking dried beans, you will never forget the taste of the dish you get!
- First of all, dry beans must be of a quality breed. İspir dry bean type is frequently preferred.
- You should definitely keep the beans you will cook in water the night before.
- If you remove the foams that form on the surface of the water during boiling, your food will be more delicious.
- If the paste you use is pepper paste, you can catch the taste you eat in artisan restaurants.
- If you are going to make beans with meat, your meat should be from meats suitable for cubed meat and a little oily.
- Sealing and cooking the meat will give a better result.
- When you add butter while frying the onion and meat, you can get a more viscous dish.
- Onions to be added should be finely chopped.
- You have to show some patience while cooking. The flavor of your dry beans, which are cooked slowly over low heat, can combine with the meat and give a delicious result.
- You can also cook it in a pressure cooker if you wish. When you want to catch the taste of the artisan restaurant, you can add a glass of hot water after cooking and cook it in the oven for 30 minutes.