What is Cream of Tartar
Cream of Tartar: Thickening Dessert Ingredient
If you have an interest in pastry and want to improve yourself in this field; You should know about all the ingredients used in making a cake. All the products you need, from the cake and cream stages to the decoration, will finally offer you a delicious dessert. One of the materials you will come across will be cream of tartar. Cream of tartar is frequently used in making cakes and desserts.
Do not miss the cream of tartar in your kitchen to prepare delicious and full-flavored cakes. You can buy several packages at once. Because cream of tartar is used in many ways at home. Cream of tartar is a very useful material for your skin thanks to its benefits and ease of use.
What is Cream of Tartar?
- Cream of tartar is a potassium salt derived from tartaric acid. This is how it is defined in the field of chemistry.
- In the kitchen; It is known as an additive with thickening and leavening properties.
- Cream of tartar is used as a thickening material that ensures that the egg whites do not deflate after beating.
- It is actually a product that you can use at every stage when you want to make desserts and cakes.
- It is frequently used in the kitchen with its appearance and texture resembling powdered sugar.
- Cream of tartar, in the form of white crystalline powder, is used in winemaking. This substance, which remains in the wine barrels, helps the wine to ferment better.
- Cream of tartar does not have any odor. It interacts with some products it is used with and has properties such as swelling and consistency.
How Much Are Cream Tartar Prices, Where Is It Sold?
- If you want to use cream of tartar in the kitchen and other areas; You can go to the nearest transfer and get it.
- Cream of tartar is an easy-to-find product. It is sold in packs.
- You can buy cream of tartar by paying an average of 20 TL for a 100-gram package.
- When you buy cream of tartar, make a note of its name on the storage container in order not to mix it with other ingredients.
- It is recommended not to mix it with powdered sugar, baking powder, vanilla, and baking soda. Otherwise, you may experience disappointment in your recipes.
)What Does Cream of Tartar Do, How Is It Used?
Cream of tartar is commonly known as an ingredient used in dessert making. Let’s explain the usage areas of cream of tartar in detail:
- If you want to make a very light and cotton-like souffle; You can get help from a cream of tartar.
- When you use a cream of tartar with soda, you can create a baking powder effect. In this way, when there is no baking powder at home, you can get very puffy dough.
- If you are going to prepare a dessert (mereng, macaroon, meringue, cream desserts) with intense egg white; You can add cream of tartar to the whipped egg white and give it consistency. It will prevent the egg white from deflating.
- Sugar syrups crystallize after a while. A cream of tartar is added to prevent this crystallization.
- It is used not only in the food field but also in the cleaning field. When a little cream of tartar is mixed with water, it becomes a detergent that helps remove stains on iron.
- If you have a brass and copper decor product; You can clean these products by using the cream of tartar.
- Ants and insects do not come to the points where the cream of tartar is poured. Recommended for those who live in houses with a garden.
- Thanks to the mixture of white vinegar and cream of tartar, you can clean any area you want at home.
Cream of Tartar Substitute: What to Use Instead?
- If there is cream of tartar in the ingredient list of the recipe you will prepare and unfortunately you do not have cream of tartar at hand You can also complete this deficiency with a different product.
- Lemon juice, which is the counterpart of cream of tartar, should always be used fresh.
- Cream of tartar is formed by the precipitation of potassium and tartaric acid, which are formed at the bottom of wine barrels during the winemaking stage, by combining.
- A cream of tartar is prepared by purifying the residue formed at the bottom.
- A cream of tartar is made by going through very simple chemical processes.
What are the Benefits and Harms of Cream of Tartar?
- The benefits and harms of a cream of tartar have been talked about for years. Food engineers and chemists conduct ongoing research into the benefits and harms of cream of tartar.
- No harm was observed with a cream of tartar. There are no recorded side effects.
- It is in many homes because it is an item that makes work easier in the kitchen.
- According to researches; It facilitates the removal of nicotine accumulated in the body of smokers.
- Although the scientific reality of this information is not yet fully expressed, studies confirm this information.
- Cream of tartar, which is known to have effects in skincare, is recommended to be mixed with some water and used as a mask. In this way, it purifies the skin and prevents the formation of acne.
- Cream of tartar also has the ability to lower blood pressure. Especially if you are using blood pressure medication; You should definitely get information from your doctor.
- It is recommended not to exceed the measure of cream of tartar in desserts and bakery foods. You should use it in moderation to avoid a possible stomach upset.