The World’s 12 Most Harmful Unhealthy Foods
In today’s modern world, it is very difficult to eat healthy, especially if we live in cities. However, we can protect our health by shopping at places where we can reach as much fresh food as possible, such as markets, and by avoiding foods that are on the list of harmful foods.
The Most Harmful, Unhealthy Foods
- Processed Meats
- Deep Fried Foods
- Packaged Foods
- Confectionery, Gumballs
- Chicken Nuggets
- White Sugar
- White flour
- Frozen Foods
- Breakfast Cereals
- Dried Fruits
When choosing or preparing your meals, you can eat healthy if you balance protein, carbohydrates and fats as well as possible. Of course, knowing what foods are harmful when choosing will make your job easier.
We have researched which are the most harmful foods in the world and prepared a list for you. Let’s take a look at the list of foods that we should stay away from.
The World’s 12 Most Harmful Unhealthy Foods
1) Processed Meats
- Generally, sausages, sausages, salami, canned meats made from veal, poultry meat and various offal are included in the group of processed meats.
- There are studies showing that nitrate added to meat may have a carcinogenic effect.
- Excessive amounts of salt in processed meats can also upset the balance of the body.
- Excessive salt consumption causes diseases such as hypertension, heart failure, kidney disorders, lung problems and joint problems.
2) Deep Fried Foods
- Especially the hydrogenated oils used in large enterprises, that is, the oil types in which the liquid oil is solidified by special methods, can harm the body.
- The harms of industrial trans fats are also an issue that has been on the agenda in recent years, and the World Health Organization has also been working to completely remove industrial trans fats from use.
- The use of frying oils in restaurants for a long time without changing causes them to become more harmful.
- The healthiest way of frying is the method that is made in a short time with a small amount of olive oil and not covered with flour.
- Other than that, frying can destroy both the beneficial content of the foods and even cause them to become harmful.
- Among the artificial sweeteners, the substances considered to be the most harmful and researched on are acesulfame potassium, monosodium glutamate, sucralose, aspartame and sodium benzonate.
- Instead of artificial sweeteners, natural sweeteners such as coconut sugar, maple syrup and honey can be used; however, there are also expert opinions that they can be harmful if used too much.
- The World Health Organization says that for normal sugar, it should not exceed 25 grams per day.
4) Packaged Foods
- In general, harmful substances added to extend the shelf life of most packaged foods make these products unhealthy.
- For example, monosodium glutamate in chips can even create a smoking effect. Instead of ready-made chips, you can prepare your natural chips from thinly sliced potatoes or lavash in the oven.
- High fructose corn syrup, aspartame, phenylalanine, sucralose, ageve, potassium bromate, artificial flavors and colorants, brominated vegetable oil, BHA and BHT are the most harmful additives.
- It will be useful to read the contents section while shopping. Even foods such as milk and dairy products that you may not doubt can be harmful when packaged.
- It is a fact known to most of us that margarine is the most harmful of all fats.
- Trans fat, potassium sorbate, trans fat, soybean oil and food dyes used in margarine production make this product harmful.
- It is healthier to use natural vegetable oils as much as possible instead of margarine.
6) Candies, Gumballs
- Since candies and jelly beans are produced using excessive sugar, they are harmful in the first place.
- In addition, there are studies that show that food dyes in products in this category can even disrupt the DNA structure, which is the basis of our body.
- Consuming fruit is a more convenient way to meet the sweet need.
7) Chicken Nuggets
- Harmful synthetic materials are used in the production processes so that the chicken nuggets we buy from the market do not deteriorate quickly.
- In the products of most brands, in addition to chicken meat, nerves, blood vessels, skin, cartilage and bone are added to the product, thus resulting in an excessive calorie food.
- The best way to eat chicken is to reach healthy village chicken meat.
8) White Sugar
- white sugar; It is obtained from sugar beet and consists of fructose and glucose. It does not contain protein, fat, vitamins or minerals.
- Most nutritionists argue that the body does not need refined white sugar at all.
- High levels of white sugar tire the liver unnecessarily and increase the risk of many diseases.
- When you reduce white sugar, your body can use the sugar you can get from grains and legumes in a healthy way and your sugar needs are met.
9) White Flour
- White flour is mostly used in breads, which are our basic food sources, but unfortunately, white flour breads obtained by wheat getting poorer in terms of content are not very useful.
- According to the World Health Organization, white flour has the potential to be harmful because of the chlorine dioxide substance it contains.
- Most of the foods made with white flour at the moment have the risk of disturbing the sugar balance by mixing with the blood.
10) Frozen Foods
- Frozen products are also included in the list of harmful foods.
- When foods are frozen and left for a while, their nutritional values decrease, so fresh consumption is recommended as much as possible.
- It has been stated by the World Health Organization that tert-butylhydroquinone, especially in frozen fish and seafood, is harmful.
11) Breakfast Cereals
- The high amount of refined grains and sugar in breakfast cereals can harm the body by increasing the risk of sugar imbalance.
- If you are going to choose breakfast cereal, you should pay attention to the contents. You can try to choose fiber-rich ones that do not contain more than 5 grams of sugar per serving.
- It should not be forgotten that there are of course much healthier options for a full nutritious breakfast.
12) Dried Fruits
- Dried fruits, which contain sulfites and added sugar, can harm health.
- It is necessary to pay attention to the fact that it is natural in the selection of dried fruit.
- Since dried fruits are much more caloric than fresh fruits, it is beneficial to consume less as a portion.