How Many Calories in Boza?
It would be nice to have a glass of boza with you as you read this article where we present the calorie information for boza! You can also make some guesses about the amount of calories by feeling and tasting it. What is boza, which is consumed by many people and known as a winter drink? Do you think it’s just a hot drink? Boza is a complete health friend. If you put Turkish drinks in historical order, boza will take its place among the oldest drinks on this list.
During the period when alcohol was banned, Ottoman people preferred to drink boza. According to what is told, boza became a culinary culture that the Kipchak Turks carried to the places they migrated. It is prepared in two different types, alcohol-containing and non-alcoholic. If you are wondering what boza is made of, boza is made from water, sugar and legume flour. The type of flour used also differs according to the geography where it is made. Bulgur flour is generally used in our country. There is also a different culture of drinking boza. A little roasted chickpea on the boza will further enhance the flavor of the boza.
Boza is a beverage that has been in Turkish culture for centuries. Drawing attention with its benefits, boza also touched the pen of Evliya Çelebi. Evliya Çelebi stated in his Travelogue that the boza culture was very common in Istanbul in the 17th century and that there were almost 300 different boza makers.
For those who calculate how many calories in a glass of boza without sacrificing its taste, we have examined the calories of boza on this page. If you want the curiosity to be quiet now, continue reading the article!
How Many Calories in Boza?
In ancient times, marble vessels were used to ferment and flavor boza. This is expressed in books on food culture. Since there is no odor in marble storage containers, it has been preserved for a longer period of time. Because there is sugar in boza, those who control weight will wonder about the amount of calories.
The calorie values in Boza are expressed as follows:
- How many calories in 1 glass of boza in 200 ml measure: 141 calories
- 100 ml of boza: 70 calories
- 1000 ml boza: 704 calories
Boza Nutrition Facts
Boza is a carbohydrate-rich beverage. The calcium ratio is also quite ideal for a glass. In the cold of winter, you may prefer a drink that warms you up and strengthens the immune system. If we take a look at the nutritional value table of boza, the following list will attract attention:
- 30.78 grams of carbohydrates
- 0.6 grams of protein
- 0.07 grams of fat
- 0.2 grams of fiber
- 0 mg of cholesterol
- 2.36mg sodium
- 14.33 mg potassium
- 9.33mg calcium
- 0 Vitamin A
- 0 Vitamin C
- 0.17 grams of iron
Does Boza Make You Gain Weight? Can it be consumed on a diet?
- Dieters have certain dietary rules. They speed up their metabolism by using less fat, less salt and less sugar. In this process, a suitable body is prepared for fat burning.
- So, can a dieter drink boza? Do the ingredients in the boza make you gain weight?
- If we give a little copy, you can think about the effect of the sugar in the boza on your body. Of course, it is your right to consume small amounts of each food in a healthy and measured diet.
- With the arrival of winter days, people need to drink more beverages. One of these drinks will be boza. When you take a look at the nutritional value table of boza, you will see that the carbohydrate rate is very high.
- Since it is a carbohydrate-rich beverage, you can gain weight if you drink it constantly.
- This means; Boza causes weight gain in excessive consumption. This situation can be evaluated positively by people who want to gain weight. If you are very thin and want to gain weight; You can drink boza from time to time.
- You may remember that boza is a beneficial and vitamin drink for your body.
- When we summarize the effect of boza on weight, we can say that people who consume a lot of boza have a higher risk of gaining weight.
- But after this information, do not deprive yourself of the flavor of boza. A glass of boza, consumed in moderation from time to time, will be good for you and your body.
What are the Benefits of Boza?
After learning about the health benefits of boza, you can include it in your kitchen more often. Here are the changes that a glass spoiler will create for you:
- Bozada contains B vitamins. Boza, which contains B vitamins, will primarily increase the blood rate of people with anemia problems.
- Boza relieves stress and calms the nerves. It keeps the body warm in winter cold and accelerates blood circulation.
- Boza, which also has benefits on hair health, makes the hair more lush and healthy. It prevents hair loss problems by adding vitality to the roots of the hair.
- Boza gives energy to the person since the carbohydrate rate is slightly higher. There is no obstacle for pregnant women to consume boza. On the contrary, since it is a vitamin drink, it can be consumed during pregnancy. It is also ideal for women who are breastfeeding.
- Boza, which has a high vitamin value, nourishes children in development age in every way. It has positive effects on muscle and bone development. It is a refreshing drink.
- Boza is an antioxidant beverage. This aspect is important for everyone. It facilitates the excretion of harmful substances entering the body. If you are undergoing chemotherapy, you can minimize the effects of chemotherapy by consuming boza regularly.
- With boza, which is immune-friendly, you both protect the respiratory system and take a precaution against infections.
- Boza, which is also a medicine for persistent coughs, softens the throat and allows you to breathe better.
- Boza contains lactic acid. This feature draws attention to the digestive system. You can include a glass of boza a day in your life to prevent and heal stomach problems.