Protein Milk Calories, When to Drink, Does It Make You Gain Weight?
Should Protein Milk Be Drink Before or After Sports?
A balanced diet and exercise are necessary for a healthy life. Protein is one of the compounds necessary for a healthy diet. At the same time, it is necessary to take enough protein for the continuity of life. Most animal foods contain protein. These; foods such as meat, milk, and fish.
In recent years, many innovations have been made in the food industry for a healthy life. Protein-enhanced milk is one of them. Especially with the shift of dietary habits to low-fat and high-nutrient foods, protein milk consumption has increased.
It has been started to be investigated by those who do sports whether protein milk should be consumed before or after sports. So, is protein milk heated and when should it be consumed? Here are the details you need to know about protein milk.
What is Protein Milk?
- Protein milk; It is a food obtained from filtered milk, consisting of casein and whey proteins.
- When making protein milk, carbohydrates and fats are removed. Then, protein milk concentrate and isolate are formed.
- Protein milk; It is a food rich in minerals such as calcium, phosphorus, and potassium.
- The amino acid that makes up the protein structure is found in milk and dairy products to a large extent. Protein milk contains more protein than regular milk.
- Cow’s milk contains an average of 3-5% protein. It consists of 80% casein and 20% whey proteins.
- Protein milk enriched with vitamins B1, B3, B6, and B12 are also available. In Turkey, protein milk is generally produced without lactose.
- There are vanilla, cocoa and strawberry varieties. Protein milk do not contain added sugar.
- People who do sports have a high protein requirement. For this reason, athletes are the ones who prefer protein milk the most.
- A glass of protein milk (250 ml) meets 26% of the daily protein requirement.
- Protein milk can be heated to 60-65 degrees. However, it is more beneficial to heat in heat and time-controlled heaters.
Protein Milk Calories and Nutritional Information
- Protein milk calorie rate is approximately 54 per 100 grams.
- A bottle of protein milk has an energy value of 200-250 kcal.
- Protein milk is a beverage with high nutritional value.
- Contains vitamin D, vitamin A and calcium. The potassium ratio is 50.0 mg per 100 grams.
- The fat ratio was calculated as 0.8 g per 100 g.
When to Drink Protein Milk?
- Protein milk is a food that you can consume at any time between meals.
- Those who do sports can consume this nutrient before or after sports in terms of providing high protein.
- It is recommended by sports instructors to develop muscle, especially after sports.
- It is one of the foods that must be consumed to meet the daily protein requirement.
- If you want to have a light breakfast or lunch, protein milk will be a good option.
Does Protein Milk Make You Gain Weight?
- The protein in milk helps you feel full for a long time, so you gain a balanced weight.
- Apart from burning fat, it helps to melt the fat in the belly and waist. It is light in structure, so it is easy to digest.
- Excess of anything is bad. Therefore, when consumed in excess, it prevents you from gaining a balanced weight. It is beneficial to consume in moderation.
Is Protein Milk Harmful or Healthy?
- Protein milk are healthy. However, excessive consumption may not be healthy.
- The amount of protein to be taken daily, determined by the World Health Organization, is 0.8-1.0 grams per kilogram.
- The daily amount of protein to be taken varies according to the body’s muscle ratio, physiological condition, age and physical activity.
- The daily amount of protein that should be taken by athletes is high. Especially those who do endurance sports should take 1.2-1.4 grams of protein per kilogram per day.
- Pregnant women, babies, children, people with kidney and liver disease are not recommended to prefer high protein milk.
- Before taking protein milk, it is still useful to get a doctor’s opinion.
What Does Protein Milk Do?
- For bone health, it is necessary to consume protein milk. It delays the aging of bones.
- Protein diets are recommended for postmenopausal women against the risk of osteoporosis.
- Increases muscle mass and muscular endurance. It supports muscle development in people who do sports.
- Protein milk is one of the foods that keep you full. For this reason, you can include this food in your diet list with peace of mind.
- It balances blood pressure. It provides the healing of trauma and wounds in the tissues.
- Thanks to the calcium in it, it helps to protect the dental tissues.
- It allows you to burn fat and increases the metabolic rate. Thus, you can burn fat more easily and lose weight.
- It helps to grow nails and hair. It delays the wear and tear of the skin.
- It is important for the brain and protects brain health. It provides the energy that the brain needs.