What Are Calcium Containing Foods? 10 Foods High in Calcium
From the day you were born, you have come to these days with healthy foods by your attentive parents. Wherever there is fresh and healthy food, your mothers somehow added it to your meal and you ate it with pleasure. This motherhood tradition is a unique tradition that has been going on for years. Even kids who don’t like broccoli will somehow eat that broccoli in the name of healthy eating.
A clean and healthy diet is the best way to get the vitamins, minerals, and proteins your body needs. No matter how many supplements you take, it will not be as much as natural nutrition. People of ancient times lived long lives because they ate naturally and without hormones. Here you need to get the nutrients your body needs. In particular, calcium, which supports the development of teeth, bones, and muscles, should become a must for you.
Thanks to this article, let us tell you that 2% of your body weight is calcium. Also, all the calcium in your body is stored in your bones. Bone resorption and dental caries occur in calcium deficiency.
We have made preparation for you so that you can have more detailed information about the foods that contain the most calcium on the way to a healthy life. Foods with calcium from children to adults are on this list for you.
10 Foods High in Calcium
- It is the healthiest beverage consumed from birth.
- There is no specific age or time to drink milk.
- In order to support muscle and bone development, milk consumption should be given importance, especially during adolescence.
- The energy needed by the brain is met from milk.
- Consuming 1 glass of milk a day is very beneficial for tooth development, hair growth, stomach disorders, activating metabolism, and eliminating the risk of all diseases. It has vitamins A, B, C, D, E, K.
- It is a very rich food in terms of calcium and vitamin B12.
- The usage area of cheese, which especially flavors your breakfasts, is very wide.
- Regular consumption regulates your digestive system and eliminates the risk of cancer.
- In addition to its blood pressure-lowering effect, it is also very effective against ulcers.
- People of all ages should definitely include cheese in their breakfast.
- It prevents bone resorption and supports bone development in children.
- It contains potassium, calcium, sodium, and iron.
- It is the best friend of those who wants to lose weight.
- It neutralizes harmful bacteria.
- While moisturizing your skin, it also protects your dental health and supports your bone development as much as cheese and milk.
- We recommend that you keep the yogurt, which also heals burns, on your table.
4) Green Vegetables
- Artichoke, celery, cucumber, spinach, purslane, broccoli, and green beans are among the green vegetables that contain high levels of calcium.
- There is often a prejudice against green vegetables, but those who taste it will not be missing from their tables.
- If you consume these healthy foods with olive oil, you will increase the nutritional value a little more.
- Thanks to its antioxidant properties, you can feel better by removing the harmful substances that have accumulated in your body.
- Dried apricots, raisins, prunes are very rich in calcium.
- If it is consumed with milk in your breakfasts or snacks, it will become healthier.
- In addition, foods containing calcium and magnesium will keep you full throughout the day.
- If you consume plenty during pregnancy, it will be very effective for the development of your baby.
- Consumption of halva and sesame meets the body’s need for calcium.
- It is also rich in vitamins B1 and B6.
- You can enjoy sesame in your salads and bread.
- You can stay fresh throughout the day by consuming it for breakfast with a mixture of tahini and molasses.
- Even consuming a small amount will be enough for the calcium you will get from legumes, as it will swell the stomach in excessive consumption. You can choose pot dishes such as dried beans and chickpeas.
- If you care about bone and dental health, you should definitely use your fish preference for sardines.
- There is 217 mg of calcium in 56 grams of sardines.
- This ratio is quite an ideal ratio for you.
- Foods containing calcium and phosphorus, namely fish species, while regulating your blood sugar, also cleanse your body thanks to their antioxidant properties.
- The list of calcium-containing foods that flavor your meals continues with mushrooms.
- All types of mushrooms are sources of calcium.
- You should take care to consume fresh mushrooms, which you prefer in omelets, sautés, and pasta.
- Cabbage is the healthiest and most delicious vegetable to be preferred in autumn and winter.
- Thanks to the calcium it contains, it contributes to your bone and tooth development.
- Being an antioxidant is also a good feature in terms of relieving the body that keeps edema in the winter months.
- Cabbage, which regulates blood sugar, also regulates your digestive system.
Delicious Recipes Containing Plenty of Calcium
1) Baked Sardine Flavor
Sardines are among the foods containing calcium and phosphorus. Let’s leave a delicious fish recipe to accompany your weekend menus for you.
2) Yummy Mushroom Chicken Sauteed
You should also try this flavor that is created when you add a calcium source mushroom to the always appetizing chicken saute flavor.
3) Calcium Source Carrot Celery Salad
It cannot be said that celery is very popular. But with this recipe, this prejudice against celery will be completely erased and it will take its place on the tables.
4) Antioxidant Broccoli Salad
Broccoli conquers hearts in the kitchen, both thanks to its antioxidant properties and because it contains plenty of calcium. Come to our recipe to accompany your meals.