Mate Tea: Benefits, Side Effects, What Does It Do?
Yerba Mate Tea: Green Gold with 24 Vitamins. Mate tea is popular as a tea that will take its place on your herbal tea shelf and will protect this place for a long time. Mate tea, whose name has been mentioned frequently recently, attracts great attention with its health benefits. If you want to spend your herbal tea hours purifying, we have prepared another delicious article for you. You will find plenty of antioxidants in these lines. We would like to introduce you to mate tea in order to purify spiritually and physically .
Benefits of Mate Tea
- Relieves Edema and Bloating
- Prevents Heart Diseases
- Gives Energy to the Body
- Eliminates Tension and Stress
- Cleanses the Intestines
- Strengthens the Immune System
- Revitalizes the Skin
If you are wondering what the experts said about Mate tea; We will shortly convey the expert advice to you. We’ve also included tips for brewing and drinking mate tea in the best way possible. Keep the hot water ready, mate tea is now in your cup too!
What is Mate Tea?
- Mate tea is a medicinal herbal tea obtained from the leaves of the plant called yerba mate .
- In recent years, it has become popular with its properties to rival green tea.
- Mate tea, which is consumed abundantly in almost all of South America, attracts even more attention with the benefits it provides to people.
- It contains almost 24 vitamins in its structure to strengthen the immune system .
- Mate tea contains calcium, manganese, iron, selenium, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus and vitamins.
- While the word yerba, which means plant, is together with the word mate, which means pot; It got a name meaning plant container. Yerba mate; It is known as the plant container.
- Yerba mate plant, which likes the tropical climate, also likes intense heat and precipitation.
- In Europe, mate tea is described as the green gold of the locals.
- It is known that this herbal tea, which is as valuable and precious as gold, is also drunk with traditional methods.
- Today, many people consume mate tea in a cup, which is common to drink with a special straw .
- Mate tea, which differs with its drinking and brewing, is also a popular tea in South America.
Mate Tea Benefits: What Does It Do?
1) Relieves Edema and Bloating
- Mate tea has diuretic properties. With this aspect, you can easily get rid of the edema that you need to get rid of in the diet.
- Mate tea is appetizing. You can consume mate tea to end or alleviate sudden hunger.
- You can accelerate the weight loss process with mate tea, which facilitates the elimination of edema.
2) Prevents Heart Diseases
- Among the benefits of mate tea , there is also a relaxing effect on blood circulation.
- Thanks to the vitamins in mate tea, heart health is protected.
- With this beneficial tea, which has vitamins A, B, C, and E, blood circulation is controlled.
- Compared to green tea, mate tea, which contains more intense antioxidant substances, protects the person from heart diseases by removing substances that will harm the body.
3) Gives Energy to the Body
- Let’s talk about the energy-enhancing effect for those who say what is mate tea and what is it good for.
- Mate tea, which has high nutritional value, can prepare you for a busy and active day .
- In preparation for the days that will pass in the hustle and bustle ; You can choose 1 cup of mate tea.
- For an energetic and fit body, mate tea may be on your mind.
- Creating a more dynamic and active body is among the benefits of mate tea.
4) Eliminates Tension and Stress
- Among the benefits of mate tea to the body is the reduction of stress, which is now known to be the root cause of most diseases.
- Just like when you want to drink herbal tea to relax a little, if your hand goes to chamomile or green tea; Now you can add mate tea to this list.
- Thanks to the vitamins in Mate tea, you will relax your body.
- You can feel better with a cup of mate tea to use its antioxidant feature on tense and stressful days .
5) Cleanses the Intestines
- The diuretic effect of mate tea is known. With this effect, you can urinate frequently.
- To cleanse the intestines, you need to take foods and drinks that have a diuretic effect. Mate tea can help you in this regard.
- Mate tea, which makes the intestines work more actively, protects you from colon cancer and provides you with a more comfortable stomach.
6) Strengthens the Immune System
- If you have a body that gets sick often, it’s time to strengthen your immune system with mate tea.
- One of the most important substances that comes to mind when it comes to the benefits of mate tea is that it protects the body against diseases.
- Thanks to the vitamins and minerals in mate tea, you can protect yourself against infection.
7) Revitalizes Skin
- Thanks to the benefits of Mate tea to the skin , you can support your skin to always stay young.
- Mate tea has an antiaging effect.
- Thanks to mate tea, which supports the regeneration of cells, measures can be taken against the signs of aging on the skin.
- With mate tea, which also has a stress-relieving effect, sleep quality also increases.
Does Mate Tea Make You Weak?
What are the benefits of mate tea, which has weakening effects, in the diet process? Does mate tea weaken the benefits? See how the experts interpret the properties of Mate tea on weight loss.
- If you are a sports person, mate tea will give you the energy you need in sports. Thus, you can burn more calories while exercising.
- You can provide the metabolic vitality you need on diet days with mate tea. Because mate tea accelerates metabolism.
- If you have an edema problem; We will recommend that you drink mate tea to easily relieve edema. After the edema is gone, your fat burning will begin.
- The vitamins in mate tea activate the enzymes that work in fat burning and prevent the formation of fat accumulation in your body.
- If you are going to calculate how many kilos mate tea will make you lose; It would not be correct to give you an exact number. Weight loss is personal and the numbers are different for everyone.
- If you add mate tea to your diet, which you continue with healthy nutrition and sports support; You can keep the number of kilos you will lose a little higher.
How to Brew Mate Tea?
After detailed information about the benefits and features of Mate tea, let’s talk about how to prepare this tea. Now , let’s give you information about how to brew mate tea, what Ender Saraç and other experts have suggested. First, let’s prepare the ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon dried or ground mate leaves
- 200 ml of water
- Cup, French press
- Since it is a bit laborious and sensitive to brew Mate tea with the South American method, you can prepare this tea with the herbal tea brewing method.
- In traditional methods, they brew mate tea in a bowl and drink it with a special straw with a perforated tip.
Let us present you the most practical version: Here is the mate tea recipe!
- First of all, boil 200 ml, ie 1 glass of water, and wait for the initial temperature to pass.
- Then, if you are going to brew it in a cup, add the mate leaves to the cup and pour the hot water over it.
- Let the leaves steep for 7 – 8 minutes.
- Before drinking, strain this tea into another glass and enjoy mate tea.
- If you want to brew with the French press; Pour the mate leaves into the glass bowl of the french press and add the hot water to it. In the same way, you can filter and drink when the waiting time has passed.
How to Drink Mate Tea?
Mate leaf tea can become a harmful drink as a result of unconscious consumption as well as beneficial. For this reason, it may be healthier to pay attention to the following information before consuming:
- It is recommended to drink 1 cup of Mate tea during the day . More measurements can tire your stomach.
- When you want to drink regularly, you should take a break for 1 week at certain intervals. For example, you can drink for 1 week and take a break for 1 week.
- If you have a medication that you use chronically, you should definitely tell your doctor that you are using this tea. It may interact with drugs and pose a risk.
- Let’s answer your question whether to drink Mate tea hungry or full . It would be healthier to choose between meals while consuming this tea. Drinking herbal tea on an empty stomach may make your stomach more sensitive.
Mate Tea Harms and Side Effects
- Consuming too much mate tea can disrupt the sleep pattern as it will give the person plenty of energy.
- One of its side effects is stomach irritation . Intensely drunk mate tea can cause stomach sensitivity.
- Although the answer to the question of how much and when to drink Mate tea varies from person to person and the purpose of use, it is not recommended to drink it in the evening, as it may miss sleep with its caffeinated structure.
- The use of this tea is not recommended during pregnancy and surgery.
- Mate tea damages may occur in unconscious consumption. For this reason, it is recommended to consult the doctor following your disease before using it.