Benefits of Cherry: Interesting Facts You Haven’t Heard Before
Cherry, which is a member of the Rosaceae family, is a summer fruit that is enjoyed by everyone from seven to seventy with its delicious taste and benefits. Cherry blossom, which is the homeland of Central Asian lands, is white in color. It provides many benefits as it is a source of nutrients and vitamins.
Cherries, which are consumed daily in one meal, contain high levels of vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B3, vitamin B6. It is also rich in minerals such as phosphorus, calcium, iron, sodium and potassium.
Apart from its widespread use as a pain reliever in alternative medicine, it is recommended as a cure, especially because it has the power to meet the body’s energy needs. Cherry fruit, which can be grown all over Turkey in various colors and types such as red, yellow, black, is good for many diseases with its leaves and stems.
- What are the Benefits of Cherry?
- What are the Benefits of Cherry Stalk?
- What Are the Benefits of Cherry Leaf?
- What Are the Benefits of Cherry Vinegar?
- Cherry Calories and Nutritional Value
- 10 Delicious Recipes with Cherry Fruit
What are the Benefits of Cherry?
An adult cherry tree can produce about 7000 cherries per harvest season. Cherries are a good choice as a snack and can also be used to make cakes, pies or juice. It is good for the body, mind and skin.
- Cherry fruit contains plenty of anthocyanins. Anthocyanin, which provides pigmentation, especially in red and purple colored fruits and vegetables, creates a very strong antioxidant effect in the fruit it contains. Our body has at least 3000-5000 oral units a day to reach the oxygen capacity that should be found in the blood, and cherry helps the blood reach this capacity.
- Cherry contains five times more melatonin than blackberries and strawberries, and it helps you sleep soundly because it is good for insomnia.
- They can act as an anti-inflammatory agent to destroy any inflammation present in the body.
- In general, the use of cherries against aging, cancer and pain provides a positive effect thanks to the variety of nutritional value.
- Cherry is a good helper in controlling your blood pressure and heart rate. They also help our cardiovascular system.
- Scientifically, the beneficial effects of fifteen cherries on headache have been determined.
- Since it is an alkaline fruit, it helps to maintain the ideal pH balance of the body.
- It contains vitamins and minerals that are good for the brain and eliminate the effects of fatigue.
- In addition to the energy it provides to the body, it ensures the healthy functioning of muscle and nerve functions due to the sodium it contains.
- With the vitamins A, B, C and E it contains, it creates the multivitamin dose that the body needs to keep the skin bright and healthy.
- Cherry juice reduces the appearance of skin blemishes and rejuvenates the skin by helping to brighten the skin.
- Cherry is a very rich source of antioxidants that contain cancer-fighting substances known as “anthocyanins”. Cherry, which can control any cancer cell, also helps prevent the uncontrolled spread of the damaged cell.
- Containing a chemical called melatonin, which helps with sleep patterns, cherries are very beneficial for general health.
- Eating cherries not only benefits the body but also hair beauty and shine. Cherry fruit, which directly benefits the hair, accelerates hair growth by reactivating existing scalp cells.
What are the Benefits of Cherry Stalk?
Cherry stalks, which are sold as packaged in herbalists, are a healing store that supports the body in edema and toxin removal. A tablespoon of cherry stem added to a glass of hot water is left to rest for five minutes and then consumed as tea. The benefits of cherry stem tea prepared as dried are as follows:
- It calms the nerves.
- It prevents the body from retaining water and allows you to drink more water.
- It is good for the kidneys and provides bladder control.
- It is preferred as a natural treatment method in urinary tract infections.
- It cleans the blood.
- It helps to lose weight because it is edematous.
What Are the Benefits of Cherry Leaf?
Cherry, whose fruit, stem and leaf are also beneficial, has immune system-boosting effects. Generally, cherry leaves are boiled for 30 minutes on low heat, then left to infuse and drained and consumed regularly for a month. Thanks to the cherry leaf, which can be used both in meals and as tea, there is a cure for various diseases.
- Cherry leaf is an important source of power for Hepatitis A.
- It is good for vascular congestion.
- The leaves, which help to burn fat, help to lose weight.
- It is useful for rheumatism.
- It is useful to use the cherry leaves, which contain more phytonutrients, in consultation with the doctor in order to show the drug effect.
What Are the Benefits of Cherry Vinegar?
A tea glass of apple or grape vinegar is added to the vinegar, which will be obtained by crushing one kilogram of ripe cherries into four liters of water, for the fermentation process. Finally, the cherries, which are covered with a tablespoon of rock salt, are ready for use after about twenty days. There are beliefs about cherry vinegar, which provides vitality to the muscles, destroys cellulite and fights skin problems, that it was used as a kind of beauty elixir in history.
Cherry Calories and Nutritional Value
One serving of cherries contains about 100 calories. Cherry taken after meals is one of the fruits on the diet list because it helps to burn fat. One serving of cherries contains 0.3 g of fat, 3 mg of sodium, 173 mg of potassium, 12 g of carbohydrates, 8 g of sugar and 1.6 g of dietary fiber.
10 Delicious Recipes with Cherry Fruit
Many recipes can be made by diversifying them with cherry vitamins. Since the storage conditions of cherries, which are a delicate fruit, are very important, it is important that the recipes are stored in the refrigerator under appropriate conditions. You can enjoy the cherry, which is usually famous for its dessert recipes, by adding it to fruit salad.
1) Delicious Cherry Pie
Cherry pie, which is obtained as a result of the meeting of classic tart dough with cherries, can be served at five o’clock as a light and natural sweetening dessert. Pie, which is both a healthy and vitamin-rich recipe, is a recipe that children will love to eat. Cherry Pie
2) Gorgeous Cherry Jam
Cherry jam, which is a recipe that anyone can easily make, offers one of the best ways to preserve cherries for the winter. Cherry jam can be indispensable for breakfast with its color. Cherry Jam
3) Natural Fruit Juice with Cherry that Eases Digestion
Natural mineral water, which is obtained by combining the most beautiful summer fruits, can be prepared with all kinds of fruits, as well as being a drink that helps the stomach in digestion due to its natural content. Natural Cherry Juice
4) Visual Feast with Cherry Cake
Cherry cake, which should be tried especially in invitations, allows you to make a perfect presentation as it creates a feast with its appearance. Cherry Cake
5) Healthy Natural Drink Cherry Compote
Cherry compote, which is a recipe that will be liked by those who like to use natural fruit juice on the table, helps you consume cherries as a pleasant beverage. Cherry compote, which should be added to the diet of babies who are six months old, is extremely delicious. Cherry Compote
6) The Most Abundant Cherry Filled Cake
Cherry-filled cake, which is recommended to be made especially for crowded guests, can be one of your favorite recipes as it is both very easy to make and delicious. You can enjoy a magnificent cake with cream and cherries poured on a soft cake dough. Cherry Filled Cake
7) Special Dessert of the Day is Ready with Cherry Cup Magnolia
With the cherry cup magnolia, which makes a difference with its stylish presentation in cups, the daily nutritional needs of cherries can be met. It is important that the recipe, which is prepared practically with all kinds of biscuits, is kept in the refrigerator. Cherry Cup Magnolia
8) Delicious Cherry Dessert
You can create a wonderful experience for cherry lovers while creating wonders in the dough in which the cherries are prepared in the form of rolls. Cherry Dessert
9) Homemade Healthy Cherry Juice
You can consume cherries as a cold drink without losing all the vitamin and mineral values they contain. Cherry juice, which is quite healthy, both nourishes and makes you feel more vigorous in summer. Cherry juice
10) Practical Cherry Sauce Dessert with Elegant Presentation
The cherry sauce recipe prepared with whipped cream and labneh is one of the most practical recipes that can be consumed in summer and winter. You can serve the cherry dessert in bowls or glasses, where you can get great results even with the cherries you take out of the freezer. Dessert with Practical Cherry Sauce