How Many Calories in Buttermilk?
Ayran, one of the first drinks that comes to mind when traditional Turkish delicacies are mentioned, is consumed by adding water to yogurt. If it is to be prepared at home according to personal taste, the drink, whose density can be increased or decreased, comes to the fore with its benefits due to its acid-free nature and high protein content. It is known as ayran in all languages of the world and is one of the most popular drinks especially on hot summer days.
Ayran, which emerged by chance as a result of the Göktürks, an ancient Turkish tribe, adding water to improve the taste of sour yogurt, is widely consumed in Turkey as well as in Asian and Balkan countries. Ayran, which is prepared using yogurt, does not allow bacteria to grow in it thanks to its acidic feature.
It prevents the reproduction of harmful microorganisms in the stomach and intestines and helps to remove harmful substances from the body. The non-toxic beverage is preferred in detox cures due to its antioxidant effect. Ayran, which is rich in calcium and magnesium, helps to protect the bone and dental health of children, especially in the growth and development period.
How Many Calories in Buttermilk?
Ayran, which plays an important role in meeting the fluid, vitamins and minerals needed by the body, is a beverage with high nutritional value and protein content. So, how many calories is a glass of buttermilk worth? The fat content of the yogurt from which the buttermilk is made changes the amount of calories. Whether yogurt is half-fat, full-fat or fat-free can increase and increase the amount of calories. Generally:
- Ayran made using 1 glass of full-fat yogurt is 150 milliliters and approximately 60 calories.
- Half-fat buttermilk is about 40 calories,
- Fat-free buttermilk is about 15-25 calories.
- 1 box of buttermilk is about 200 milliliters and is about 80 calories.
- 1 bottle of buttermilk is about 200 milliliters and is about 80 calories.
How Many Calories in Ready Ayran?
Ready-made buttermilk calorie amounts may vary depending on the brand. The label of the buttermilk box can be read to answer the question of how many calories in ready-made buttermilk. For example, how many calories is a box of Sütaş buttermilk worth?
- 1 box of Sütaş buttermilk is approximately 200 milliliters and contains 76 calories .
How Many Calories in 1 Liter of Buttermilk?
How many calories are in 1 liter of buttermilk prepared using full-fat yogurt?
- On average, 1 liter of buttermilk contains about 380 to 420 calories.
How Many Calories in Homemade Buttermilk?
The calorie value of buttermilk prepared at home may vary according to personal taste. How many calories are in homemade buttermilk in general?
- The calorie value of an average of 150 milliliters of homemade buttermilk varies between 50 and 80 calories.
How Many Calories in Soda Buttermilk?
Especially in summer days, buttermilk made by adding soda instead of water is consumed. So, how many calories is buttermilk with soda?
- The calorie value of soda buttermilk, which is about 250 milliliters, is between 70 and 90 calories.
Ayran Nutritional Value
Although yogurt and water are used in its production, ayran contains the same vitamins and minerals as yogurt, it has less nutritional value compared to yoghurt. Ayran is one of the healthiest beverages to be consumed with meals, with its nutritional value. The nutritional value of a glass of buttermilk is stated as follows:
- Carbs: 6.87 g.
- Protein: 3.12 g.
- Fat: 3.75 gr.
- Cholesterol: 18mg.
- Sodium: 468 mg.
- Calcium: 93mg.
How Many Calories in Buttermilk Soup?
Ayran soup, which can be served hot or cold, is a very nutritious and healthy variety due to the dried legumes and yoghurt it contains. Ayran soup, which draws attention with its satisfying feature as the main dish, can be consumed hot in the cold days of winter and cold in the hot days of summer with its practical preparation and taste. In addition, its ability to be stored in the refrigerator for a long time after preparation is one of the reasons why it is preferred.
Ayran soup prepared using wheat, chickpeas, strained yoghurt, water, salt and mint can be consumed optionally with a sauce prepared using olive oil, chili pepper and dill. Soup, which contains high fiber, helps to prevent constipation by helping to regulate bowel movements. At the same time, the high pulp ratio provides a feeling of satiety for a long time.
- 1 serving, ie 350 grams of buttermilk soup, is 218 calories.
How Many Calories in a Bagel Buttermilk?
Simit ayran, one of the most consumed and loved snacks, is preferred especially in cases where there is a time constraint, due to its delicious and satiating feature. Bagel buttermilk, which can also be consumed as a main meal, is especially loved by young people and children. Bagel, a high-calorie food, and ayran, a low-calorie beverage, complement each other.
The bagel, which stands out with its high carbohydrate content, raises blood sugar quickly. However, when consumed with buttermilk, the high protein content of buttermilk prevents blood sugar from rising rapidly. An average of 1 bagel is 350 calories. While street bagels with less weight are between 250 and 300 calories, one bagel sold in patisseries and simit palaces can reach up to 450 calories.
- In general, the calories of 1 bagel and 1 box of buttermilk vary between 350 and 550 calories.
Does Ayran Make You Weak? Can you drink buttermilk in diet?
- Drinking ayran alone has no effect on weight loss. However, in an adequate and balanced weight loss program, it is recommended to consume ayran instead of carbonated, sugary and acidic beverages.
- Thanks to the calcium, magnesium, B vitamins and water it contains, buttermilk helps to remove toxic substances from the body and eliminate edema, and is included in weight loss diets.
- The high protein content causes the blood sugar to rise gradually and helps to control the appetite.
- Especially prepared using low-fat yogurt, ayran is one of the indispensable drinks of diet lists.
- It not only ensures the body’s fluid needs are met, but also prevents excessive energy intake due to its low energy.
- By increasing the metabolic rate, it accelerates fat burning and creates a feeling of satiety for a long time.
How to Make Buttermilk Detox?
- With the buttermilk detox, which is recommended to be done twice a month, it may be possible to get rid of toxins and excess water in the body.
- Ayran detox, which can be done especially by those who have problems such as weakness, fatigue and reluctance, to revive the metabolism, is quite remarkable with its practical preparation and delicious content.
- For buttermilk detox, buttermilk, coriander and mint leaves, thinly sliced carrots, half a teaspoon of roasted cumin seeds are sufficient.
- Coriander and mint leaves are chopped and placed in a bowl. Finely chopped carrots and then ayran are added into the bowl and mixed.
- Finally, roasted cumin seeds are added. After a light breakfast prepared with 1 thin slice of whole wheat bread, 1 egg and 1 slice of cheese, tomato, cucumber and cold cuts for two consecutive days a month, ayran detox prepared until 22:00 at night is consumed at intervals of two hours.
- Consuming plenty of water and avoiding salt during the buttermilk detox increase the success of the detox.