Nettle Juice: Benefits, How to Apply to Hair?
Stinging nettle is a medicinal herb that is beneficial for health and used as an aid in the treatment of many diseases. Nettle, which comes from the nettle family and whose Latin name is Urtica, blooms between May and August. It appears in the gardens from the beginning of spring until the end of autumn. It has oval and dark green glossy leaves. The upper part of the leaves is covered with burning hairs.
The seeds of the plant are very valuable because of the oil they contain. If you want to benefit from the benefits of the plant, it would be right to use its juice. The benefits of nettle juice are due to its rich content. Stinging nettle water contains very valuable substances such as histamine, acetylcholine, formic acid, calcium nitrate, glucose, iron, vitamin C, potassium, salts and minerals, and provides healing.
What are the Benefits of Stinging Nettle Water?
The use of stinging nettle in traditional treatment dates back to ancient times. Nowadays, it is widely used in the production of creams and shampoos. In terms of health, nettle juice benefits are many. It is especially recommended for hair care and its benefits can be listed as follows:
- Nettle juice is a good diuretic. It contributes to the regulation of blood pressure.
- It is used as an auxiliary product in the treatment of urinary tract infections.
- It is a recommended water for the healthy functioning of the digestive system.
- The benefit of nettle juice comes to the fore more in the winter months.
- It helps to cut cough when consumed hot.
- Stinging nettle is an iron-rich herb. If stinging nettle juice and food are consumed regularly, it eliminates iron deficiency.
- It is also used in the treatment of hay fever, which is an allergic disease.
- Stinging nettle juice can take on a preventive task in cases such as hair loss.
- Nettle tea, obtained from nettle leaves , has edema solvent, blood purifier, blood builder and organism stimulating properties.
- Nettle leaves and seeds offer separate healing. Their usage patterns are also different.
- You can stay healthy with nettle juice that you will consume in moderation.
- You should not neglect to consult your doctor before you start using it to avoid its side effects.
How to Apply Nettle Juice to Hair?
- Stinging nettle juice is also known for its benefits to the hair, so nettle shampoos are also produced.
- Stinging nettle juice is a product recommended for hair care and health for years. But if it is used too much and unconsciously, it can damage the hair. It should be used with expert opinions.
- It can help in solving problems such as hair loss and dandruff. Nettle juice, which gives a bright and lively appearance to the hair, is applied in different cures. Before applying, the hair must be washed and clean. Hair that is clean and all pores are opened ensures that the application gives good results.
- To make your hair thicker, you can boil a teaspoon of nettle and rosemary mixture in 500 g of water and brew it. You can apply this water to your hair once a day to make it thicker.
- In order for your hair to gain vitality and shine, you can restore its former vitality by following the steps below:
- 4-5 grams of stinging nettle is thrown into 750 ml of boiling water and kept on low heat for 4 minutes. Then it is closed and left to cool. It is filtered and taken into a bowl. Clean hair is washed with this water and left wet for half an hour. Then it is rinsed with water. This application not only gives shine to the hair, but also prevents dandruff. It is very easy to care for hair with nettle juice.
What are the Benefits of Stinging Nettle Water for Hair?
- It thickens and strengthens the hair strands and minimizes hair loss.
- It nourishes the hair roots and makes them thicker. It is good for dandruff problem.
- It helps hair to grow healthy and fast. Repairs damaged hair. It reduces hair breakage.
- It protects the oil balance of the hair and prevents it from getting too oily.
- Adds volume to fine hair. It gives vitality.
- There are opinions that it has hair removal properties.
- Stinging nettle juice is a product that is very beneficial for the hair and can create miraculous results when used in accordance with the recommendations.
- It eliminates the tasseled bad look on the hair.
- If you have a product or medicine for your hair that you use with the recommendation of a doctor, you should consult your doctor before using stinging nettle juice. Otherwise, there may be interference between products.
- The benefits of stinging nettle juice is also an issue highlighted by İbrahim Saracoğlu. Saraçoğlu says that rinsing clean hair with nettle juice will give shine to the hair.
What Is Nettle Juice Good For?
- It prevents benign prostate enlargement.
- It helps to balance blood sugar. It reduces rheumatic pains. It is an expectorant.
- Among the benefits of drinking stinging nettle water is that it helps to remove toxins.
- It is good for menstrual period tension and groin pain.
- If postpartum women consume stinging nettle with nettle juice, their milk will be plentiful and of good quality.
- Drinking nettle juice is good for male impotence.
- Nettle juice benefits make skin smoother.
- Nettle juice is also effective in the treatment of acne.
- It contributes to the regeneration of the liver and cleansing the kidneys.
- It is good for constipation, it is useful in complaints of exhaustion and weakness.
- Those with stinging nettle juice digestive problems; Nettle meal can be used by those who have anemia, kidney and bladder problems.
- It is also very effective for the hair. The juice and shampoo of the plant can be used for hair problems.
- Among the benefits of drinking stinging nettle juice, İbrahim Saraçoğlu also mentions its preventive effect on lung cancer.
- If you want to create a shield against the disease, you can try the Saraçoğlu cure prepared with mallow and nettle once a year, for 1 month, 3-4 days a week.
- When prepared in accordance with special methods, nettle juice also has benefits for plants. Natural fertilizer and pest repellent spray are made from stinging nettle.
How to Prepare Nettle Juice?
You can apply two different methods to prepare stinging nettle juice:
- For the first method , a large bunch of nettle grown in the natural environment is thoroughly washed under running water. After filtering, it is thrown into 1-2 liters of boiling water by breaking it by hand. Let it boil for five minutes. Then the bottom is closed and it is expected to brew. After brewing, it is filtered and taken into a glass container or bottle. Thus, nettle juice becomes ready for use. You can drink this bitter-tasting water or use it externally.
- The second method is to mix the herbs with some water in the robot until they become liquid. This water, which also contains the sap of the plant, is sweeter than the other method and is easy to drink. Those who want to drink stinging nettle juice, if they have chronic diseases and are constantly taking medication, are advised to consult their doctor first. Nettle juice and tea contribute to cell regeneration, production of red blood cells, and strengthening of the immune system. There are also opinions that this herb, which is also used in food, soup and salad, is effective against cancer.
How to Drink Stinging Nettle Water?
- It is inconvenient to use herbal teas and waters for a long time. For this reason, it is not recommended to drink nettle juice continuously.
- It is recommended to be applied as cures. It is the most correct application to consume it as a cure for 15-20 days and then take a break for 10 days.
- It is also not right to consume more than two cups a day. It is more beneficial to drink freshly brewed nettle juice on an empty stomach or unsweetened between two meals each time.
- When you use it by mouthwash, it freshens your breath and contributes to your oral health.
Does Stinging Nettle Water Weaken?
- Stinging nettle juice alone does not have the ability to lose weight. Like all herbal teas, it also has the feature of accelerating metabolism and burning fat.
- It can be used as a support product during weight loss studies.
- In addition to diet and exercise, you can drink nettle tea.
- When it is drunk in the morning on an empty stomach, it helps to speed up digestion and work the intestines.
- When it is drunk between meals, it suppresses the feeling of hunger by keeping the stomach full.
How to Store Nettle Juice?
- After examining the question of what are the benefits of stinging nettle water and looking at the answers, let’s talk about the storage conditions.
- If you want to benefit from herbal teas and herbal waters, you need to freshly prepare the mixture you need.
- It would be best to prepare and use stinging nettle juice in a way that you can consume it within a day at the most, and when it is prepared as tea, you should consume it immediately.
- The same method applies to the nettle juice you have prepared for your hair. Making it fresh for each use offers better results.
- You can store the water you have prepared for maximum one-day use in a glass bottle and enjoy being healthy in natural ways.