How Many Minutes Potatoes Are Boiled? Tips
Potato is a ground plant rich in vitamins C and B, which contains plenty of starch in its structure. You can cook with potatoes in more than one way in the kitchen. Juicy dishes, salads, pies or savory cakes, even soups are flavored with potatoes. It takes its place in kitchens and vegetable shopping all seasons without exception. Potatoes, which are loved by frying by children, are added to many dishes by many.
The fact that it is a filling vegetable is also one of the reasons why it is loved so much. It can be preferred in diet nutrition, snacks at school or work environment. Another cooking method in which potatoes are valued and flavored is boiling. Boiled potatoes are considered healthier as they do not contain any fat. Now we will have a little chat about how to boil potatoes in the most delicious and easy way.
If you say how to boil potatoes quickly, all the cooking secrets are here for you!
How Many Minutes Does It Take to Boil Potatoes?
Another question mark of our article titled practical information on how to boil potatoes is; How long does it take to boil the potatoes? The time to be careful while boiling the potato is as follows:
- An average of 30 minutes of cooking will be sufficient for a peeled whole potato.
- 15 minutes is ideal for boiling diced and smaller potatoes.
- For puree, peeled and free-chopped potatoes; It is very convenient to cook it for about 20 minutes on medium heat.
- If you are going to boil the potatoes with their skin on, the cooking time is a little longer. In this case, you can boil it in 40 minutes by checking.
- To boil potatoes in a pressure cooker; It is recommended to cook the potatoes for 10 minutes.
- If you want to boil and mash potatoes for your babies; You can also add bone broth to the water of potatoes boiled in a saucepan.
- Potatoes boiled in bone broth will be soft in an average of 20 minutes and will be a satisfying food for your baby.
How to Boil Potatoes?
How to boil a peeled or peeled potato? Let’s explain step-by-step potato boiling techniques for those who are wondering the answer to this question:
- When you want to consume potatoes by boiling, first of all, you should make sure that the potatoes are well washed. In this way, you can prevent dust and soil from mixing with the boiling water.
- If your time is very limited, you can cut the potatoes with their skins in half and add them to the boiling pot.
- When you want to boil it as a garnish for salads; You can cut it to any size you want and transfer it to the pot.
- It won’t matter much how the boiled potatoes you will use for the mash are chopped. You can proceed to boil by peeling the skins and chopping them freely.
- It is important that the boiling water is a little more than potatoes for all boiled boils. The evaporating water will decrease, so you can add water a few inches above the potatoes.
- You can drizzle a pinch of salt on the potatoes while boiling. This process ensures that the potatoes are boiled more deliciously.
- In addition, potatoes that are peeled and cut into small pieces have a shorter boiling time.
- If you want to fry onions and tomato paste at the bottom of the pot and add potatoes to it and boil it; First you have to choose your pot.
- If you want to add potatoes on onion and tomato paste in a pressure cooker and boil it, 15 minutes will be enough.
- However, when you want to boil potatoes with tomato paste in a normal pot with a lid, this time may take a little longer. If you put the potatoes in small pieces in the pot, it may take 25 minutes, if you boil them in very large pieces, it may take 35 minutes.
- If you pour hot water on the potatoes, you will also reduce the boiling time.
- Potatoes boiled with cold water stay on the stove for longer.
Time-Saving Tricks When Boiling Potatoes
Being practical in the kitchen is both a good economic feature and you will have more time for yourself. It is the desire of every cook to get tired less and do more work. You also need to be practical when boiling potatoes. For you to focus on other meals or different tasks at home; It’s time to express the tricks that save you time!
- You can boil your hot water while peeling the potatoes. The hot boiling water makes the potatoes boil faster.
- You can cut the potatoes according to the type of food you will use. If you are going to use it for salad, you should cut it into small sizes and boil it.
- For mashed potatoes to accompany delicious meals, it is recommended to chop the potatoes thinner and smaller. It’s easier to run it through the blender afterward.
- To increase the boiling rate, add a teaspoon of salt to the boiling water. Potatoes with salt added both cook more deliciously and reduce the boiling time.
Boiled Potato Juice Benefits – You Won’t Spill That Juice Anymore!
There is something that has become a habit, which is pouring the juice of boiled vegetables. In fact, this habit is often one of the biggest mistakes made in the kitchen. The water in which vegetables are boiled can be very beneficial for you. One of them is the boiling water of potatoes.
If you are wondering what the use of boiled potato juice is, you can read our list carefully!
- If you peeled and boiled the potatoes while boiling, you can use this boiling water in meals and soups. Starch-containing potatoes release vitamins and minerals into its water while being boiled. With this boiling water, you can make your soups even more delicious.
- The effect of potato juice on muscle and bone development is indisputable. Since it has high nutritional value, it can be given to growing children in a warm form.
- Potato juice, recommended for high blood pressure patients, has blood pressure stabilizing properties.
- Potatoes are basic. You can control the pH balance of the body with boiled potato juice.
- Boiled potato juice is also beneficial for the skin. It purifies and rejuvenates the skin. After boiling the potatoes, you can clean your skin with the help of cotton.
- Boiled potato juice, which will also show its effect in hair masks, provides nourishment and moisture to the hair.
- You can also maintain intestinal health by consuming boiled potato juice.
What to Do with Boiled Potatoes?
12 Delicious Recipes
If you are wondering how to evaluate boiled potatoes in meals, we offer you delicious recipe suggestions. While the potatoes are boiling, you can review the recipes.
1) A Hearty Breakfast: Eggs with Boiled Potatoes
Don’t think about what to prepare for breakfast, you can prepare a delicious taste for your breakfast table with boiled potatoes. A hearty and practical recipe awaits you with boiled potatoes and eggs.
2) Crispy Flavor: Boiled Floured French Fries
Who can say no to french fries? And if it’s crunchy fried, you can’t get enough of it. We are here with just such a recipe. A delicious boiled french fries that will be consumed with pleasure at every meal is with you.
3) Boiled Potato Yogurt Perfect Taste!
At the dinner table or whenever you feel hungry, you can pass out with the taste of boiled potatoes. Here is a recipe that whets the appetite of those who see it with its final touch with yogurt and pepper oil. You can take a look at the recipe for the necessary materials and tips.
4) Yummy Practical Potato Meatballs A Fabulous Taste!
You can also add delicious potato patties to the flavors you can try with boiled potatoes. We offer you a recipe that is appetizing with its smell and makes you eat with its taste. You can prepare potato patties for every meal, which you can admire as soon as you try them.
5) Boiled French Fries with Meatball Flavor
You can add a difference to the flavors of meatballs by trying this recipe. If you are wondering how it will be, do not be too late to review the recipe. Boil, stir, and fry! Boiled french fries seem to be loved by all ages.
6) Yummy Boiled Roasted Potatoes
How do you prepare mashed potatoes? Add a new one to the recipes you already know. Delicious boiled potato roast, which is prepared very easily and deliciously, is delicious that will cheer up the stomachs at any hour. It’s both hearty and delicious. Here is our recipe to try.
7) For Those Who Follow a Diet: Boiled Potatoes
Potato boiled is of great importance in dietary nutrition as it does not contain oil. In the recipe we recommend, a different potato boiling technique is offered. If you are on a diet and pay attention to healthy eating, you should click and browse our best recipe.
8) Boiled Potatoes for Pastries and Pastries
Now you can prepare the boiled potato recipe we recommend for pies and pastries. For those who ask how to boil potatoes, what should I do, we give a very easy potato boiled recipe. Click to get the details.
9) Boiled French Fries with Caramelized Onions
You will love our recipe, which gives a different taste to boiled potatoes with a few ingredients when you try it. Boiled french fries with caramelized onions, a flavor worthy of Sunday breakfasts, is with you at this link as a recipe that doubles the pleasure of breakfast.
10) Delicious Breakfast with Butter, Boiled Potatoes, and Peppers
Another delicious recipe that you can consume with warm bread is with you. The combination of boiled potatoes with butter and pepper makes for an insatiable breakfast in this recipe. You should try the recipe that will match with a cup of tea, fresh bread, and freshly brewed tea
11) Warm Delicious Flavor: Boiled Potato Meatballs
We have come up with a practical recipe for those who are thinking about how to cook with boiled potatoes. All the tricks of boiled potato meatballs that suit every meal are waiting for you in this recipe. Let’s get you to the link for a hearty and crispy taste!
12) There is a Festival at the Table Today! Boiled Roasted Potatoes
When you see the roasted boiled potatoes at the dinner table you came to hungry, first the eyes will be full and then the stomach will be full. One of the classic tastes of Turkish cuisine, boiled potato roast is even more delicious with this recipe. The link is waiting for you to try it! Here you go…