Acai fruit:The incredible benefits of acai fruit, a diuretic that gives you these vitamins
If you are a regular on social networks, you have surely seen hundreds of very appetizing bowls of fruit and with a purple cream at the base: it is the acaí , a Brazilian fruit that everyone talks about. But… Did you know about the incredible benefits of the açaí fruit?
In the event that you have ever tried the açaí fruit, it will surely have left its mark on you. This small fruit from the jungle of northern Brazil is a small purple ball that closely resembles the appearance of a blueberry. But its flavor has nothing to do with it, and that is because açaí tastes something like chocolate .
A fruit that tastes like chocolate and is also beneficial for the body ? That’s how it is! If you are interested in knowing more about the benefits of the açaí fruit, we recommend that you stay to read more about it.
What are the benefits of acai fruit?
Açaí is a fruit, and like all fruits, it is completely convenient to include it regularly in the diet to have a conscious and healthy diet . But, among the virtues that fruits and vegetables bring to our diet, açaí in particular has many benefits .
What are these benefits? Let’s see some of the most important:
- Açaí is diuretic and is also a good ally against constipation . This is because it is a food made up largely of water and fiber, and its effect on our stomach is immediate.
- In addition, açaí is very nutritious because it has a very high potassium content , as well as iron and calcium . As if that were not enough, açaí is also an important source of vitamin C, B and E.
- By also having ellagic acid content , the consumption of açaí helps to have good defenses, and thus fight more strongly against diseases.
- On the other hand, it also has omega acids , and this helps the nervous system to function better.
- It has a very high level of protein , which makes it perfect for people following a vegan diet. And it is also a very energetic fruit , which is also recommended for athletes.
- It is an antioxidant , and thanks to this it reduces the signs of aging on the skin.
- Finally, it is also an extra help against cholesterol due to its high content of omega 3, and it is convenient to prevent the possibility of cardiovascular diseases.
As you can see, the benefits are extensive and also without any effort, because the flavor of açaí has become one of the favorites of many people.
Origin of acai and ideas to eat it
The açaí is native to the northern jungle of Brazil , and has been consumed for centuries by the indigenous tribes of the area, precisely because its multitude of properties served as a medicinal remedy for common ailments.
On many occasions it is usually consumed in powder form, and this means that it can be mixed with yogurt, or with some type of ice cream or dairy product. If you have seen it in any food place, you will surely have seen it in smoothies mixed with other fruits.
Açaí can be taken with practically any fruit, nut or cereal. It can also be mixed with water or juice, because it will only give it a touch of flavor and, as you have seen, a lot of health.
If you are thinking of expanding your consumption of fruits and vegetables , perhaps açaí should appear on your new shopping list soon, because it is, by far, one of the most complete and beneficial fruits out there.