Persimmon: Do you know what the benefits of persimmon are?
It is one of the most purchased fruits in Spain , and the main reasons are its delicious sweet taste and that it is very refreshing. But you must also know the benefits of persimmon to finish convincing yourself that you should introduce it into your diet. Although its high season begins during the month of September, today you can find persimmon all year round and thus enjoy its many benefits .
Persimmon is largely made up of water and soluble fiber . It is recommended for situations in which we have hydration problems or some type of gastrointestinal disease, as we are going to tell you now. Stay to read how positive it can do to your body through its great nutritional contributions .
What benefits does persimmon have?
One of the great benefits of persimmon is its contribution of vitamin A , which helps the health of the skin, hair, mucous membranes and bones. This is highly recommended for the entire population in general, and therefore eating persimmon is not contraindicated.
But in addition to that, persimmon has many other benefits that we are going to tell you about here:
- Persimmon is very good for the health of the digestive system . In fact, it is recommended both when there is constipation and when there is diarrhea due to its enormous amount of tannins.
- In addition, the persimmon is a great ally against cholesterol . Its consumption causes the cholesterol found in the bloodstream to go to the digestive tract and be eliminated.
- Persimmon is also a great source of vitamin C , which favors the absorption of iron from other foods and is also very good for bones, teeth and red blood cells.
- Persimmon is also good for reducing the chances of developing cardiovascular diseases and cancer . This is due to the sum of vitamin A and C.
- Lastly, persimmon is also rich in vitamin B1 and B2 , which are good for the proper functioning of the nervous system.
Ideas for eating persimmon
The best way to eat a persimmon and enjoy all its benefits is fresh , and first thing in the morning. But we know that sometimes it is a bit lazy to eat fruit like this, and that is why we are going to tell you some ideas to be able to take it.
As the most important thing is that you eat it, know that you can also take persimmon in a smoothie , even with other fruits such as orange or peach to make it richer.
On the other hand, you can also have persimmon in a salad , with a little arugula and goat cheese . The mix of flavors is incredible and you will also enjoy all its nutrients.
As a last idea, you can add the persimmon to a flan made with this fruit and vanilla . This is a perfect idea especially if you have some persimmons that are overripe. Doing it is very easy, and although the sugar content is somewhat high, you can enjoy all the benefits of this fruit.