Flaxseed Yogurt: Benefits, How to Prepare and Eat?
Flaxseed, which is almost a source of healing, is obtained from the seeds of the flax plant. The demand for flaxseed, which is accepted as a “superfood” all over the world with its rich nutritional value, is increasing day by day. This food, which is not consumed alone, is usually eaten mixed with yogurt.
One of the most important benefits of flaxseed, which protects the body from many ailments, from cancer to diabetes, is that it helps to lose weight. In this article, we have examined the effects of flaxseed and a mixture of flaxseed and yogurt for you.
How to Prepare Flaxseed with Yogurt?
- You can take advantage of the nutritional properties of both yogurt and flaxseed by putting 1 teaspoon of flaxseed in 1 bowl of yogurt.
- It is recommended to consume 1-2 teaspoons of flaxseed daily.
- Too much can cause different intestinal problems, especially diarrhea.
- It would be more appropriate to choose probiotic-rich homemade yogurt instead of industrial yogurt.
- If you wish, you can add fresh fruits to the flaxseed and yogurt mixture.
How to Eat Flaxseed with Yogurt
- Flaxseed is usually consumed by adding it to yogurt or smoothies. If you have a grinder at home, you can grind flax seeds and add them to your pastries and soups.
- However, you should consume flaxseed within 24 hours after grinding. Otherwise, various toxins may form in the ground flaxseed and this may have a toxic effect on the body.
- For those who ask when to eat flaxseed and yogurt, let’s explain immediately. It is known that it is healthier to consume 1-2 hours before meals, that is, on an empty stomach.
- You can prepare a flaxseed yogurt mix and consume this mix twice a day. If you wish, you can prepare chia seeds, flaxseed yogurt or flaxseed, black cumin yogurt mix.
- Another method of consuming flaxseed is sprouting it. Thus, the phytic acid in it is broken down. All you have to do for this is: soak the flax seeds in warm water for 10 minutes.
- If you are going to keep it in cold water, you should increase the time to 2 hours. After mixing the sprouted flax seeds with yogurt, you can consume them with pleasure.
Does Flaxseed Yogurt Lose Weight?
- Flaxseed, which contains high amounts of saturated and unsaturated fatty acids, potassium, zinc, magnesium, copper and iron, turns into a superfood for the body when combined with another useful food, yogurt.
- The most important benefit of the flaxseed and yogurt mixture is that it helps to lose weight.
- Flaxseed protects intestinal health with its high fiber content.
- Homemade yogurt, which is rich in probiotics, regulates and improves bowel movements. Based on these two important reasons, many dietitians recommend that people on a diet apply flaxseed yogurt cure.
- All you need to do to prepare flaxseed yogurt cure is to mix 1 bowl of yogurt with 1 teaspoon of flaxseed and consume it regularly.
- If you wish, you can also prepare an oatmeal flaxseed yogurt mix.
- Oatmeal, which contains high fiber content, is also a gut-friendly food and helps to lose weight.
Flaxseed Yogurt Benefits, What Is It Good For?
- It is a natural antioxidant.
- It strengthens the body’s defense system.
- Increases body resistance.
- It gives energy to the body.
- It is anti-inflammatory.
- It is effective against inflammatory and chronic ailments such as ankylosing spondylitis, rheumatoid arthritis, various allergies and psoriasis.
- It acts as a protector against infectious diseases such as colds and flu.
- It is effective against diseases such as eczema and psoriasis.
- It helps to lose weight.
- It eliminates intestinal problems such as constipation, gas and bloating .
- It is good for hemorrhoids.
- It regulates and supports the intestinal system.
- Regulates tension.