8 Foods That Accelerate Metabolism and Give Energy in Autumn
One of the most frequently asked questions lately is ‘how do we speed up the metabolism?’ there is a question. First, ‘What does metabolism mean?’ Let’s start with the answer to this question. Metabolism is the level of functioning of the internal organs in the body. While this is very high in some of us, it is seen that it is very low in others. Why does this level differ from person to person? Why do some of us not gain weight even if we eat a lot, while others gain weight even with small portions of food? In fact, I wanted to answer the questions that we all wonder with this article.
Let’s take a look at the factors that change metabolism:
- Age: Age factor affects metabolism negatively. We always hear from our elders that our bodies are not as they were in our youth. Although this biological structure of the body changes from year to year, unfortunately, as we age, metabolism slows down.
- Gender: Men have a higher muscle ratio in their body, and women have a higher fat ratio. This increases the metabolic rate of men. Ladies who think why men lose weight faster, don’t worry, I will share with you easy ways to speed up metabolism soon ☺
- Sleep: We always say that regular sleep is a must! It has been observed that the metabolism works faster in those who sleep at least 6 hours a day.
- Caffeine: Drinks containing caffeine such as coffee and tea accelerate metabolism. However, the point that should not be skipped here is the frequency and time of consumption of coffee. If we finish our maximum 3 cups of coffee without sugar until 17.00 a day, we will benefit from the positive effect of caffeine. ☺
- Smoking: Have you ever wondered why we gain weight after quitting smoking? Smoking increases the metabolic rate, and after quitting, fluctuations are seen in the metabolic rate as the body has difficulty in returning to its former state. What are we not going to ignore here? Just like starting smoking, quitting is also harmful to the body! It’s best NOT to Build this habit in the first place!
We touched on the factors that change metabolism. So, is it in our hands to speed up the metabolism? The answer to this question is undoubtedly YES! Let’s take a look at foods that speed up metabolism. Don’t forget to take note of these!
1) Hot Pepper
The ‘capsaicin’ substance, which gives hot pepper its burning feature, almost doubles its metabolic rate. However, let’s not forget that consuming too much bitter can also increase appetite. Therefore, it will be sufficient to naturally include red hot pepper in meals.
2) Green Tea
As we mentioned above, caffeine accelerates metabolism. What would it be like if we applied it with green tea, which has strong antioxidant properties?
3) Onion – Garlic
You can consume this couple either cooked in your meals or raw in your yogurts. However, let’s not forget that those who have stomach problems should think twice before eating onions-garlic!
Perhaps most of us have never had ginger in our homes. I sometimes come across even those who have never used it in their life. Of course, we do not want you to consume ginger as it is. However, in your soups, in some recipes, ginger in the size of a hazelnut gives a different taste. It is included in other recipes on my site. You can take a look if you want. ☺
There is no one left who does not hear the blood sugar regulating effect of cinnamon. Cinnamon delays the hunger process, thus helping us to break insulin resistance. You can use cinnamon in foods such as milk, yogurt, salep. When some of us say that cinnamon is arranging sugar, they even try to throw cinnamon into green beans. We recommend using cinnamon only in dairy products ☺
6) Foods with Fiber
While fiber helps regulate our intestinal system, it is also effective in accelerating our metabolism. Let’s not forget to consume at least 5 servings of vegetables and fruits a day. In addition, whole wheat bread is a good option in terms of fiber products.
Have you heard that eggs have the highest quality protein after breast milk? Do not miss 1 egg every day from your breakfast.
Each food actually symbolizes a particular organ. When you look at the walnut, have you noticed that it looks like a brain? While walnuts are a very good source of omega fatty acids, they also accelerate mental development. How about adding 2 medium walnuts to your snacks?
If we want to increase metabolism, you can include these foods in our menus. In addition, do not forget to drink plenty of water, complete 10,000 steps daily, and have your breakfast, which is the most important meal of the day, as soon as you wake up.