Yellow Watermelon Benefits Countless
Have you ever heard of yellow watermelon? If you don’t know this type of watermelon, you can say “kelek” when you see it. However, yellow watermelon is not much different from the watermelon we know. It’s not just red, it’s yellow. Its nutritional value is almost the same as the red watermelon.
The yellow watermelon, which was planted in Anatolia years ago but then forgotten, regains its lost reputation. Yellow watermelon seeds brought from Thailand started to be planted again in many provinces, especially in Aydın, Burdur, and Karabük.
Thanks to its benefits, yellow watermelon attracts great attention from both farmers and consumers. So what are the benefits of yellow watermelon? Let’s get to know the yellow watermelon closely!
What is Yellow Watermelon?
- Yellow watermelon is a type of watermelon with a yellow inside.
- It is also known by names such as winter watermelon, Chinese watermelon.
- Kernels are stored as seeds.
- The only difference from the watermelon we know is that it is yellow inside.
- Red watermelon is rich in lycopene. However, yellow watermelon has a low lycopene ratio because it has a genetic mutation.
- On the other hand, we can say that yellow watermelon is a valuable fruit in terms of vitamins and minerals it contains.
- Yellow watermelon has most of the nutrients contained in a red watermelon.
- It contains high levels of vitamins A, B and C. It is rich in beta carotene, sodium and potassium.
- When you consume a serving of yellow watermelon, you will meet 21 percent of your daily vitamin C needs and 18 percent of your vitamin A needs.
Where Does Yellow Watermelon Grow?
- Yellow watermelon is still known and consumed in some countries in the Far East, especially in China.
- In our country, this fruit, which was produced in Anatolia in the past, has been forgotten over time.
- However, this fruit, which has managed to enter the radar of farmers thanks to its benefits in recent years, has started to be replanted in various cities, especially in Karabük, Adana, and Burdur.
What Are the Benefits of Yellow Watermelon?
The benefits of this type of watermelon grown in the winter season are endless. We can say that yellow watermelon, which is almost no different from red watermelon in terms of vitamins and minerals it contains, is a complete healing store. Let’s examine the magnificent effects of yellow watermelon on human health without wasting time.
- Yellow watermelon, which is a full vitamin store thanks to the nutrients it contains; is a fruit rich in vitamins A, B, and C, as well as calcium and potassium.
- Just like the red watermelon, the yellow watermelon is low in calories. Thanks to this feature, it is an ideal food for dieters.
- It helps the kidneys to perform their functions in a regular and healthy way.
- It allows the sand and stones in the kidneys to be poured out through urine.
- It fights free radicals and purifies the body from microbes.
- It keeps blood sugar in balance.
- It is known to prevent bowel cancer.
- This fruit, which is rich in pulp and fiber, protects the intestinal flora.
- It cleans the blood.
- It has diuretic properties.
- It regulates blood pressure and heart functions.
- Yellow watermelon contains plenty of vitamin A, which is beneficial for eye health. Therefore, it is good for vision disorders and improves eye health.
Where to Buy Yellow Watermelon?
- If you’re asking “where can I find a yellow watermelon”, we recommend you to look at selected grocery stores and markets.
- In addition, if you are interested in online shopping, you can order through various websites.
- The question “How much does a yellow watermelon weigh” is asked a lot. The price of yellow watermelon varies depending on the weight of the watermelon. It is slightly more expensive than red watermelon.
How Does Yellow Watermelon Taste?
- Yellow watermelon is the same as a red watermelon when viewed from the outside. However, when cut, it is seen that the inside is yellow.
- Even those who do not know yellow watermelon may think that they have bought kelek or grafted watermelon. However, yellow watermelon is a type of watermelon in itself.
- We mentioned that yellow watermelon is similar to red watermelon in terms of nutritional value and appearance. What about the taste? What do you think, does it taste like red watermelon?
- Yellow watermelon tastes sweeter than red watermelon. It has a flavor reminiscent of apricot.