What to Do If The Food Is Too Salty
Salt is a kind of food material that meets the iodine requirement of the body. Salt, which is beneficial for the body, threatens health with its damages in excessive consumption. There are times when you may wonder whether I added salt to the food or not.
What to Do If The Food Is Salty
- Lemon juice
You can forget the salt added to your meals while talking on the phone, in your distracted moments, during Ramadan days or in hectic moments such as guest preparation . Have you ever thought about what to do in such cases if the result is too salty food ?
For those who think about what to do if the food is salty, we searched for life-saving information for you. Let’s explain the tricks that will prevent excessive salt consumption one by one.
If your food is salty, do n’t worry, as there is a solution to everything, there is not one but many solutions to this problem! Those who read this article are very lucky; because he will no longer be worried about what to do if the food is salty . As every job has an easy way; There is also an answer to the question of what to do if the food is salty. Your efforts in the kitchen will not go to waste! Let’s see what are the saving methods of those who make the food salty?
What Takes Salt from Food? 6 Savior Methods
- While some people do not add any salt to their food; some people like lots of salt. Salt, which is generally recommended to be added while eating, will disturb those who do not eat salty if it is added too much during cooking. In such moments, your first aid will be potatoes.
- If you are asking yourself the question of what to do if the food is too salty, then secondly, do you have potatoes in the house, it may be the first step towards a solution.
- If you notice that the food is very salty when you taste it without covering it; Peel the skin of one medium potato.
- Cut the peeled potato into four equal parts and place it in four different corners of the pot.
- If your meal is a vegetable dish, you may not have the potato.
- Potatoes are a savior vegetable that both balances the salt rate and helps increase the meal, especially for those who say what to do if the pea dish is salty.
- If you are cooking without adding potatoes, you can take the potatoes out of the pot after cooking.
- The salt content of the dish with potatoes will be reduced. So you can serve a less salty dish.
2) Lemon Juice
- Lemon juice is one of the methods you can try to serve the dish with a lot of salt in a better way.
- If you squeeze 5 drops of lemon into the food that you think is too salty; You can get rid of the salty taste.
- You can also apply this method if you want to know what to do with the very salty soup.
- If you are going to try this method in soup, you can try it for soups without yogurt.
- We will have a different suggestion for you to get salt from yogurt soups.
- You can apply the lemon juice method to delicious dishes such as vegetable dishes and tomato paste soups.
- Another way to get rid of excess added salt in a meal is to add yogurt. You can easily try this method in soups.
- If the soup has too much salt, we recommend adding a spoonful of yogurt.
- By adding yogurt, you will both reduce the salt content and give the soup a decent consistency.
- When adding yoghurt to the salty dish, mix the yoghurt with the cooking water in a bowl and add it to the dish when it comes to a warm temperature.
- Yogurt added food should be mixed. Otherwise, yoghurt may be cut in the hot food.
- If the meal is too salty, if it is a meal that can be eaten with yogurt, you can also balance it by using unsalted yogurt.
- If the fuss in the kitchen does not end, your mind may be confused. You may be thinking about what to add to which dish. In such stressful moments, you can also be undecided about the salt of the food.
- If the food is salty, you don’t have to worry too much. One of the solution methods is to try vinegar.
- If you feel the salt intensely in the taste of the food you have prepared; We recommend adding 1 teaspoon of vinegar.
- If we give examples of dishes added to vinegar, dishes with vegetables, meat dishes and tomato paste dishes draw attention.
- With vinegar, you can make very salty dishes edible.
- One answer to the question of what to do if the food is too salty is hidden in sugar, which we know as the opposite of salt.
- There is a tradition that has been going on for years: If the food is too salty, add sugar! Yes, sugar, which is frequently mentioned in the kitchen recommendations we receive from our elders; It’s truly a savior.
- The method of taking salt with sugar, which is recommended for olive oil dishes , significantly reduces the salt content.
- The sugar method that you can easily use in olive oil beans, olive oil red kidney beans, olive oil stuffing will make your job easier.
- This method, which you can try for grainy dishes such as lentil soup, will ensure the preparation of healthier meals.
- The method of reducing salt with milk, which we recommend you try especially in soups, is valid for liquid meals.
- You can try our milk recommendation for soups and juicy dishes, as it will affect the flavor of meat dishes.
- When the food has too much salt, first avoid adding the milk to the pot all of a sudden.
- You can mix some cooking water with milk and add the mixture to the pot.
- Milk added to hot food can be cut. In this regard, you can sensitively salt the food!
- If the food has too much salt, it can disturb the palate and stomach of many people. If the methods up to this part of the article did not suit you, we have another suggestion as a last resort.
- If you have prepared a dish with vegetables and you have seriously missed the salt of this dish; With the help of a strainer, take the grainy part of the food into a saucepan.
- Prepare a sauce with onions and tomato paste in a separate pan and transfer it into the pot.
- Add hot water until it thickens and let it boil for 10 minutes.
- With this method, you can easily save the labored dishes.