11 Surprising Benefits of Orange Peel
Orange, which has very strong effects among the sources of vitamin C , is a fruit with high nutritional value that makes patients stand up. Orange, which is grown in abundance in the Mediterranean and Aegean provinces, is sent to many parts of the country. Juice prepared from oranges, desserts prepared with orange slices and the use of its peel in various ways create delicious tastes in the kitchen. Apart from using orange to mask the smell of your bad breath, you can also fix bad breath at a cosmetic dentist syracuse ny.
Benefits of Orange Peel
- Protects Skin Health
- Whitens Teeth
- Provides Cell Regeneration
- Activates the Intestines
- Accelerates Metabolism
- Lowers Bad Cholesterol
- Cleanses Germs and Bacteria
- Eliminates Bad Smell in the Room
- Reduces Cancer Risk
- Strengthens the Immune System
- Strengthens Hair and Eliminates Dandruff
Both the peel and the fruit of the orange are very important for human health. The orange peel, which is valued from tea to snack flavors, is just as useful as the orange itself. If you throw the peels away after peeling the oranges; we will give you very useful information about it. You can read this article on the benefits of orange peel to the end in order to evaluate the orange peel in the most efficient way !
No waste in the kitchen, it’s time to use the orange peels!
11 Surprising Benefits of Orange Peel
1) Protects Skin Health
- Orange peel contains antioxidant substances. If you examine cosmetic products, you may notice that many personal care products benefit from orange peel.
- Orange peel, which prevents oiling and staining on the skin thanks to its antioxidant substances, allows you to protect your skin in a natural way.
- Orange peels have the feature of preventing blackheads, cleaning oiliness and drying acne. To see these effects, it is recommended to make an orange peel mask.
- The benefits of orange peel to the skin include cleansing and regenerating properties.
2) Whitens Teeth
- If your teeth are stained due to smoking, you can care for your teeth with orange peels.
- You can exfoliate your teeth with orange peels to remove the residue and stains around the teeth.
- The use of orange peels in oral care also prevents bad breath and tooth decay. You can consider orange peels to maintain oral health.
- The most important of the benefits of orange peel for teeth is that it has the ability to clean tooth enamel.
- To use it in dental care, you need to apply the fresh orange peels on your teeth and then rinse with water.
3) Provides Cell Regeneration
- You can accelerate cell renewal in your body by evaluating orange peels in various ways.
- Orange peels, which quickly repair the scar formation, make the skin look brighter and healthier.
- In cases such as redness and irritation, you can evaluate the orange peels to support cell regeneration and accelerate the healing process.
- Orange peels applied to the skin by massage will help the tissues to heal in regular use.
4) Activates the Gut
- Orange peels, which contain fiber, are also rich in pulp. It is recommended for those who experience intestinal stagnation.
- Orange peels, which also clean the parasites in the intestines, help the digestive system to work better.
- If you have been struggling with problems such as constipation recently, you can consume orange peel tea.
- Among the benefits of the inside of the orange peel is that it supports digestion. While peeling the skin of the fruit, it is useful to consume the white parts of the fruit as much as possible.
5) Accelerates Metabolism
- If you are in trouble with excess weight, you can solve this problem by drinking herbal tea prepared from orange peel.
- Orange peel tea is a metabolism-friendly beverage. If you want, you can start fat burning with orange peel tea that you can consume hot or cold.
- During the diet period, you can keep your metabolism active by using orange peel tea twice a day for snacks.
6) Lowers Bad Cholesterol
- The higher the cholesterol level, the higher the risk of cardiovascular diseases. To solve this problem, it is recommended to drink orange peel tea.
- Orange peel tea lowers and balances the bad cholesterol value. Thanks to the benefits of orange peel, you can lead a healthier life.
- You can use orange peel in various ways to prevent cardiovascular diseases.
- Benefits of the white part of the orange peel include lowering blood pressure and balancing cholesterol.
7) Cleanses Germs and Bacteria
- Orange peel contains antioxidant substances. One of the tasks of these substances is to clear the infection in the body.
- By cleaning germs and bacteria, they help the body to be healthier.
- For the purification of the body; It is recommended to drink orange peel tea and detox waters prepared from orange peels.
- You can purify your body by adding orange peels to your drinking water or by mixing orange peel powder with water and drinking it.
- Orange peel oil can also be used in making natural skin cleansing lotions, as it has skin cleansing properties among its benefits to the skin.
8) Eliminates Bad Smell in the Room
- You can make room fragrances from dried orange peels. If you can obtain orange peel oil from herbalists; You can also prevent sink odors with this oil.
- The orange peels that allow the air in the room to change, the air flow will create a very orange garden smell.
- You can prepare orange peels for the bathroom, bedroom and any room you wish. For this; It will be enough to place the shells that dry in the sun in a bowl in the rooms.
- The benefits of boiling orange peel are multiplied when a little lemon juice and cinnamon are added. You can use the mixture you prepared as a natural air freshener.
9) Reduces Cancer Risk
- Orange peel, which can fight free radicals, prevents cancerous cells from entering the body.
- It takes precautions against the spread of cancerous cells by keeping the body’s resistance high.
- Orange peel, which also protects the intestines, prevents the formation of various diseases such as colon cancer.
- To live a cancer-free life, you can dry the orange peels and consume them as snacks. You can drink tea between meals if you wish.
10) Strengthens the Immune System
- Orange peel, which is rich in vitamin C, undertakes the task of strengthening the immune system of people of all ages.
- You can prepare your tea and protect yourself against winter infections.
- Before throwing the orange peels away, you can remember how beneficial it is for your body and take action to strengthen the immune system.
11) Strengthens Hair and Eliminates Dandruff
- The benefits of orange peel for the hair go both ways in terms of both strengthening the hair follicles and purifying the scalp.
- Rinsing the hair with water prepared by soaking the orange peels in water overnight and doing this regularly is an alternative method you can try for those who struggle with dandruff.
- Orange peel oil is one of the natural oils used to prevent hair breakage and to add volume to the hair.
How to Dry Orange Peel?
It is recommended to dry the orange peels to use them longer. To dry the orange peels, you can follow these steps in order.
- To prepare as many orange peels as you want, first wash the oranges.
- Now peel off the peel of the oranges you have washed.
- Slice the crusts to the thickness you want.
You can dry the sliced shells in 2 different ways:
- Set the oven to 140 degrees. The heat must be very low so that the shells do not burn.
- Line the baking tray with baking paper and lay the orange peels separately on the oiled paper.
- Check and wait for the crusts to dry. For this, you can often follow the oven.
- When the heat of the orange peels coming out of the oven passes, you can store them in a glass and closed jar.
- Arrange the washed and chopped shells on a tray.
- Leave the tray in a sunny spot during the day.
- Thanks to sunlight, the drying of the orange peels will be faster. You can wait 2 or 3 days for this.
- You can store dried orange peels in glass jars with a secure lid, in a cool place.
- To obtain orange peel powder from dried orange peels, it will be enough to grind in a robot!
How to Use Orange Peel Powder?
We have useful suggestions for those who say how to evaluate the orange peel powder! See what you can do with orange peel powder?
- By adding orange peel powder to cakes and cookies, you can leave a pleasant taste on the palate.
- You can double the taste you will get from ashura, thanks to the orange peel powder you will add 1 spoon while making aşure.
- You can use it when decorating milk desserts. You can prepare appetizing desserts!
- You can mix it with hot water and prepare herbal tea. Thus, you strengthen the immune system.
- If you add 1 teaspoon of orange peel powder to your drinking water when you wake up in the morning, you can relax your intestines.
- You can create a peeling effect thanks to the orange peel powder added to the skin masks. It will help your skin look and feel better.
- 1 teaspoon of orange peel, swallowed on an empty stomach, helps to clear the parasites in the intestines.
- As a result of regular use, you can clean your intestines from parasites.
How to Store Orange Peel?
- It is recommended to dry the orange peels for long-lasting storage. Dried shells can be stored in a closed and cool place.
- If you wish , you can preserve the shells that you will add to the deep freezer bags in the refrigerator for later use.
- You can grind it into powder and store it in a glass storage container in a cool place.
- It is recommended to protect the orange peels from sudden temperature changes, humidity and high temperature.