Healthy & Fit Solutions for Dessert Crisis
Especially one of the problems of us women ‘sweet crisis’. While some do not like dessert at all, some cannot do without it, some only want dessert at certain times. Some experience their sweet crisis at the highest level, some gain weight constantly just because they cannot cope with these sweet crisis .
What’s Good for a Dessert Crisis?
- Adequate and Balanced Nutrition
- Healthy Snacks
- Probiotic Foods
- Foods Containing Magnesium
- Constructive Hobbies & Activities
But don’t worry, everything has a solution, an alternative. Sweet cravings can have various causes.
How to Suppress Dessert Crisis, What Is Good? 6 Tips
1) First Rule: Adequate and Balanced Nutrition
- Of course, the solution to the sweet crisis can be found instantly, but the important thing is to act according to the answer to the question of what causes the sweet crisis, especially if these crises are frequent, which is generally related to an unbalanced diet. Thus, you create a long-term solution.
- In order to consume carbohydrates, proteins and fats in a sufficient and balanced way, what we call complex carbohydrates in your diet; Let’s not neglect whole grain bread, pasta, oats, legumes, fruits and vegetables.
- As healthy protein sources: Milk and dairy products, meat, chicken, fish, turkey, eggs should be consumed.
- As healthy fats: Let’s consume olives, raw nuts, olive oil, avocado. It is beneficial to consume plenty of fruits and vegetables that are rich in pulp and fiber.
2) Healthy Snacks
- If small snacks are made during the day, blood sugar will be more balanced, so sweet crisis will decrease.
- Among the sweets that will relieve the sweet craving , the healthiest ones are fruits and dried fruit with a sweet flavor.
- For example: 1-2 servings of fruit as well as dried nuts such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts .
3) Cinnamon Consumption
- If you are thinking about how to prevent a sweet crisis, you need to balance your blood sugar before the crisis comes.
- Cinnamon spice has been reported to balance blood sugar as a result of many studies.
- If your blood pressure is not very low, if you do not consume blood thinners , you can add cinnamon sticks to the water and green tea you drink during the day, or you can consume it by sprinkling powdered cinnamon on yogurt and fruit.
4) Probiotic Foods
- It has been explained in many studies that probiotics have an effect on the regulation of blood sugar.
- Regular use of probiotics will not only improve intestinal health, but also reduce sweet crises. Foods such as kefir, yogurt, and pickles are among our natural probiotic foods.
- Consuming fruit yogurt for a sweet crisis will both suppress your sugar cravings and allow you to benefit from probiotics.
5) Foods Containing Magnesium
- Consumption of foods high in magnesium such as almonds, hazelnuts, peanuts, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, dried legumes, cocoa, whole grains and green leafy vegetables will also reduce sweet cravings.
- If the sweet crunch is a situation that happens to you frequently during your menstrual period , we recommend keeping natural chocolates in your refrigerator, they will definitely be your savior.
6) Constructive Hobbies & Activities
- If you realize that the desire to eat something is related to your distressed mood during the sweet crisis, you can overcome the crisis by directing your attention to activities you like other than eating.
- Stress and boredom should be overcome by discovering a different occupation rather than overcoming it with a food tie .
- It can be walking, sports, reading, music, handicrafts, etc., whatever you like.
Despite these, if you still have sweet crises, you can make diet dessert recipes that can be made at home without refined sugar. In this sense, you can benefit from my diet dessert recipes.
6 Most Common Causes of Dessert Crisis
1) Not Receiving the Required Energy
- If you do not get as much energy as your body needs during the day, especially at night, extreme hunger and sweet crises are inevitable.
- Frequent diets, especially shock diets, can cause excessive sweet crises after a while.
- If you are experiencing a sudden sweet crisis, first ask yourself: Did you eat enough during the day? Maybe you are pushing your body too much with hunger to lose weight, and this can ruin your health.
- At least 1200 calories per day for women, at least 1500 calories per day for men is required.
2) Not Consuming Enough Carbs
- While getting enough energy during the day, whether it’s carbohydrates, protein or fat, they all have their own importance.
- Especially not getting enough carbohydrates during the day triggers sweet crises.
- Dessert crisis is a situation that can be overcome to a large extent with changes in the diet .
3) Excess Carbohydrate Consumption
- Not only low daily carbohydrate intake, but also excess can cause sweet crisis.
- Excessive consumption of simple carbohydrates such as refined sugar, chocolate, ready-packaged products containing abundant additives, ready-made fruit juices, bread made from white flour, pasta, and pastries causes sweet crises.
- The answer to the question of how to overcome the sweet crisis may be related to malnutrition or excessive food consumption. The important thing is that a balanced distribution of species is taken during the day.
- Stress, which is one of the most important problems in today’s world , comes first.
- Some people stop eating when they are stressed, while others try to cope with stress by eating the opposite.
- If you are asking where the sweet crunch that comes at night came from, if you say why you have a sudden sweet crunch when your diet is very healthy, it probably means that psychological reasons are working in the background.
5) Menstrual Period
- Since the magnesium level in the body decreases with the hormonal changes during the menstrual period , sweet crises are experienced more.
6) Disorders in Blood Sugar
- If you are experiencing this problem very often despite being careful, you should definitely get a blood test and have your fasting blood sugar (glucose), insulin level, homa-IR (insulin resistance), thyroid and vitamin d values checked.
- If there is a problem in these values, it can cause sweet crises.