What is Kohlrabi Radish? Benefits of Kohlrabi Radish
- For those wondering: What is Kohlrabi?
- Where Does Kohlrabi Grow?
- What Are the Benefits of Kohlrabi?
- Still Beware of Kohlrabi Harms
- How to Cook Kohlrabi
- How to Eat Kohlrabi
- What is Kohlrabi Price?
- How is Kohlrabi Consumed?
All About Kohlrabi Radish
At the end of our compilation, a lot of information about kohlrabi radish, from its previously unheard and little-known benefits, to how to cook and eat, where to find it, where and how it is grown, whether it is harmful, who is safe to consume, its nutritional values, and at what prices, is no longer a secret. will come out.
Are you ready to meet kohlrabi radish?
For those wondering: What is Kohlrabi?
- Known widely in the world; However, kohlrabi radish, which adorns the new stalls in our country, is among the lesser-known medicinal plants that nature offers to human beings.
- Abroad kohlrabi this minnak full of healing plants known as a member of the cruciferous family.
- It is also known as the hell knob abroad.
- It draws attention with its resemblance to turnip and cabbage. It is a tuberous and leafy plant with a light green and purplish color.
- The tuberous part grows above the ground. Both kohlrabi fruit and leaves can be consumed in different ways.
- This medicinal plant, also known as kohlrabi, is among the vegetables preferred by vegetarians and those who want to eat healthy.
- It is a complete store of vitamins and minerals. 100 grams of it contains 350 mg of potassium, 20 mg of sodium, 24 mg of calcium, 19 mg of magnesium, 6 g of carbohydrates, 36 iu of vitamin A and 62 mg of vitamin C.
- In addition, one hundred grams of it is 27 calories. This plant, which has the strength of ten hospitals because it is a source of healing for a thousand and one troubles, contains high amounts of fiber.
- The kohlrabi radish plant, which can be found in greengrocers, greengrocers and neighborhood markets in all seasons, is one of the new famous in the country.
- It is one of the plant species with high economic value as well as nutritional value.
Where Does Kohlrabi Grow?
- This healing plant, which likes sunlight very much, loves temperate climate regions. For the kohlrabi plant that does not distinguish between soil, it is sufficient that the soil has a pH value of 6-7.
- If the kohlrabi seed is sown directly into the soil, its roots go deep; however, if it is planted as a seedling, its roots cannot go too deep. Kohlrabi radishes love long days.
- For this reason, although the suitable areas for its cultivation in our country are quite large, it cannot be cultivated.
- The rich mineral soils of the Marmara and Black Sea regions and the Aegean Region are ideal for growing kohlrabi.
- It can be grown in these regions, albeit limited. On the other hand, kohlrabi production is quite common in Europe.
What Are the Benefits of Kohlrabi?
- It is a blood pressure stabilizer due to its high potassium content. It immediately comes to the rescue of those who have high blood pressure problems.
- It minimizes the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- It helps regulate blood pressure. Thus, it reduces situations such as fatigue, nervousness and stress.
- Increasing the amount of milk in nursing mothers is one of the benefits of kohlrabi radish.
- Since it is a rich source of iron, it also solves the problem of anemia.
- Among the benefits of kohlrabi, which is a very powerful antioxidant, is that it is a relentless enemy of free radicals that enter the body. In this way, it protects the body against many types of cancer, especially lung cancer.
- Kohlrabi radish is a natural source of healing for diabetes.
- Its fiber structure gives a feeling of satiety for a long time and therefore it finds its place in diet lists.
Still Beware of Kohlrabi Harms
- Since kohlrabi is a radish-derived plant, which we can not finish counting its benefits, it has a structure that absorbs iodine in the body, like all radish varieties.
- For this reason, those who have problems with thyroid hormones should consult a doctor before consuming.
- If they are too hungry for kohlrabi, they can consume it with iodized salt support. However, they should still be careful about their consumption in moderation, at most twice a week.
- For the same reason, people with healthy thyroid hormones should either consume kohlrabi with iodized salts or avoid consuming too much.
- Avoid consuming too much as kohlrabi radish is a diuretic.
- If it overworks the kidneys, it can tire the kidneys.
- Therefore, you can see the benefits by consuming it in moderation and regularly. It is recommended to wash and clean well before consumption.
How to Cook Kohlrabi
- In cooking, kohlrabi vegetable does not cause much trouble. It can be consumed raw, as well as both leaves and tubers cooked.
- Even soup is made from kohlrabi radish, which can be grated and used in salads. This beneficial vegetable can even be added to soups.
- It can even be made into a delicious stir-fry by grating it with eggs and breadcrumbs.
- Apart from these, kohlrabi can be roasted and caramelized and served as a side dish alongside main dishes. Boiling is another method.
- In the end, the cooking method is up to you, whichever way you cook it, it will taste great.
- There are more than fifteen kinds of recipes made with kohlrabi. As such, it comes to the rescue of those who want to diversify and enrich their table.
How to Eat Kohlrabi
- Kohlrabi radish, which is a source of healing from head to toe, can be consumed raw, boiled, fried or roasted, as well as a herb that can be made into soup.
- After the peel is grated, it can also be eaten raw as an apple. You can also consume the kohlrabi radish by slicing it into apple slices and squeezing lemon on it.
- You can also wrap the leaves if you wish. Kohlrabi leaves you free to prepare recipes as much as your imagination allows. “What shall I cook today?” The question can be answered with many recipes with kohlrabi and radish.
- Kohlrabi and radish is a useful food to accompany delicious menus. If you wish, you can serve it as an appetizer with meat dishes.
- A warm soup can also adapt to your other meals. Salads that you will prepare using kohlrabi and radish can relax your stomach.
- Those who want to eat raw can consume delicious cold appetizers with kohlrabi radish.
What is Kohlrabi Price?
- The regions where kohlrabi is grown in Turkey are made in such a small area that they cannot even enter the statistics.
- Therefore, its production is not very large. It is in the trial production stage in certain regions and is grown commercially in a very few regions.
- Therefore, kohlrabi is not produced at the desired level at this stage, in other words, because it is rare, the price of kohlrabi is in high numbers in the neighborhood markets and market aisles.
- While it is sold in neighborhood markets for 4 – 5 TL per kilogram, it has a price tariff of 8 – 20 TL in large market aisles and internet sales.
- Although it is not very popular because it is just now known, it will be among the favorite vegetables in a short time like one or two years. It is not difficult to predict that prices will decrease when production increases.
- Many people who meet kohlrabi radish can’t even imagine what a favor they have done for themselves. Thanks to this radish, stomach and intestinal health are protected.
- In this way, you will put a barrier between you and various diseases. Kohlrabi radish, which you can consume raw or cooked, keeps cancerous cells away from your body.
- Kohlrabi brings healing to every home it enters. When you want to consume this beneficial food, you can add it to delicious recipes.
- Consuming fresh kohlrabi radish will be good for your health. Rotten and softened kohlrabi radishes lose their nutritional value and their structure deteriorates.