What is Rock Salt? Benefits and Uses
Rock salt, which formed spontaneously millions of years ago when nature was clean and not polluted by humans, is a collection of very valuable minerals. Rock salt, which is preserved by the soil layer accumulated on it and survived until today, is important for human health.
Internal Medicine and Cardiology Specialist Prof. Dr. The human body needs the rock salt recommended by Canan Karatay. You can have detailed information about the properties of rock salt by reading our article to the end!
What is Rock Salt?
Rock salt is a natural mineral source that contains the most important components for human health. Of the 92 minerals found in our body, 84 are included in the content of this salt. Rock salt is not seen as a type of salt by Canan Karatay. According to the teacher, it is a very important mineral store. It contains the most important minerals such as calcium, potassium, magnesium, copper, zinc and selenium. Professor Karatay is very insistent on the benefits of Çankırı rock salt.
Refined salts cause edema in the body, while natural rock salt prevents edema formation. It has radiation absorbing feature. You can see the benefits if you keep a large piece of rock salt or a lamp next to the devices that emit radiation.
This particular salt is usually off-white, tan, gray or rarely transparent in appearance. It does not contain heavy metals such as sea and lake salts. For this reason, it is also defined as the purest salt or unrefined salt.
What Are the Benefits of Rock Salt?
If the salts obtained from the sea and lake are used excessively, it poses a threat to human health. However, consciously used rock salt is very useful. Among the benefits of rock salt, the priority ones can be listed as follows:
- It balances blood pressure and accelerates blood circulation. It is said to be good for kidney and bladder stones.
- It relaxes the digestive system, is good for heartburn, nausea and vomiting. It has an appetite enhancing effect.
- It is useful for muscle cramps, rheumatism, muscle and bone pain. It is thought to be effective in maintaining vascular health and balancing blood sugar.
- When rock salt is consumed with lemon juice, it removes intestinal worms from the body.
- Rock salt, which increases the cellular absorption of water and minerals, helps to remove toxins by maintaining the pH balance of the body.
- There are opinions that it is also effective for gout and stress.
- It helps to strengthen the immune system. It is used for whitening teeth.
- It is effective against insomnia. It is good for respiratory diseases. It is also beneficial for skin health.
If you have chronic diseases, you should not forget that you should consult your doctor before you start consuming rock salt.
What Are the Benefits of a Rock Salt Lamp?
Rock salt lamp is a lamp made from natural rock salt and used for healing. Salt lamps used in indoor environments such as home and office make important contributions to cleaning the air. Salt lamps, which have a pleasant visual appearance, have many benefits:
- The rock salt lamp reduces the electricity and harmful bacteria in the environment by emitting negative ions against the positive ions in the air. Negative ions combine with positive ions, making the environment neutral.
- The salt lamp, which you will keep next to the devices that emit radiation, will help you get rid of headaches, tension and insomnia by lightening the electrical load of the environment.
- Devices such as televisions, smart phones, computers and modems are technological devices that emit positive ions. You can reduce these negative effects by using a rock salt lamp.
- When the lamp placed in the rock salt lights up, the salt heats up slightly and begins to emit negative ions to the environment. It allows you to feel the effect more quickly.
- The use of salt lamps in the bedroom is effective in the treatment of diseases such as colds, migraine and asthma.
- It takes away fatigue and gives vitality to the body.
What are the Benefits of Rock Salt Soap?
Soaps made from mineral source rock salt are very beneficial for skin health and beauty. It cleans the skin deeply, purifies it from the dead skin layer and helps to revitalize it. It is possible to list the benefits of rock salt soap as follows:
- It is effective in the treatment of skin problems such as acne and acne seen in adolescence.
- Minerals in rock salt regulate the pH balance of the skin, making it easier to achieve a healthy structure.
- If you have dry skin, you can use it to take advantage of its moisturizing properties.
- Rock salt soap is a natural odor inhibitor. Negative ions in rock salt destroy bacteria that cause odor. For this reason, you can use it to prevent underarm sweat odors.
- When you apply it wet to your armpit, it creates a protective layer. It helps to stay clean without clogging the pores in this area.
- It is said to be effective in removing sunspots on the skin.
- Softens and nourishes dry skin. It also prevents the formation of acne by removing excess oil on very oily skin.
- It is effective in removing pregnancy spots.
- It makes it possible to have a healthy and glowing skin. It helps regenerate skin cells.
If you have sensitive and allergic skin, you should consult your doctor before applying rock salt soap to your skin.
What is Good for Putting Rock Salt in the Room?
- You can use rock salt in lamp format or in large pieces in your rooms. Because it has the feature of cleaning the indoor air.
- Thanks to the negative ions it emits, it cleans the excess electricity and bad bacteria in the room and provides you with a clean air.
- It is good for headaches, fatigue and weakness, and gives vitality.
- It offers you a clean environment by absorbing the radiation emitted by technological devices.
- It has a relaxing effect on respiratory tract disorders. It makes it easier for your lungs to work more efficiently.
- Salt room therapies are a recommended treatment method for patients suffering from asthma and shortness of breath. In addition, rock salt caves are also areas used in the treatment of asthma.
How is Rock Salt Used in Food?
There are brands that sell unrefined rock salt for use in cooking. You can easily use rock salt, which is a mineral source and does not contain harmful substances, in your kitchen. You can buy ground rock salt, or you can grind it yourself and add it to your meals.
When buying rock salt, it is useful to take care to buy it from a safe place. Refined rock salt loses its naturalness as it undergoes chemical processes. There is deterioration in the mineral structure. For this reason, you should use unprocessed rock salt.
You can take care to use rock salt, which has a stronger taste than normal salt, in limited quantities. Like everything else, too much of it is harmful. Rock salt is not a harmful substance, but if used excessively, it can cause diseases such as kidney, heart and hypertension. High blood pressure patients should consume with caution.
Another curious subject is the answer to the question of whether rock salt is iodized or non-iodized. Untreated rock salt contains natural iodine and does not contain additives. There are also iodine-free product options. prof. Dr. According to Canan Karatay, consuming a certain amount of rock salt a day facilitates digestion, relieves gas, prevents heartburn, gastritis, reflux, and brings the body’s salt balance to the most natural level.