What Is Vegetarian? Vegetarian Diet
- What Is Vegetarian?
- Vegetarian Diet
- What Can’t a Vegetarian Eat?
- What Are the Benefits and Harms of Vegetarianism?
- Vegetarian Food List
- How To Spell Vegetarian?
- Vegetarian Dishes
What Is Vegetarian?
- The word vegetarian comes from the Latin word “vegetus”. Especially a person who follows a vegetarian diet has a diet that includes consuming plant-based foods.
- The word vegetarian, which is the name given to people who do not consume foods of animal origin such as red meat, chicken, fish, milk and dairy products, eggs in limited amounts or at all, was first used in 1842.
- Thanks to the vegetarian book-like information written by various researchers, people have started to follow a healthier diet.
- It is seen that people who violate the rules of healthy eating in the first period live healthier thanks to learning the right diet program.
- The vegetarian diet has become increasingly common in recent years.
- This eating style, which is shaped according to nutritional preferences, both represents a certain understanding and reveals the subtle differences between foods.
- People who prepare and spend their meals according to a vegetarian diet sometimes take vitamin supplements.
- Because in this understanding of nutrition that does not consume foods of animal origin, vitamin sources cannot be taken directly.
- After the doctor’s recommendation, necessary minerals such as vitamins, zinc and iron are taken in capsule or pill form.
- The basis of this diet is plant sources. Everything of animal origin is rejected at every meal and every meal preparation.
- Plant-based foods and herbal products are preferred in all areas of life. By respecting animal rights, the general routine of life is shaped.
- Although it is said that vegetarians are prone to many diseases among the public, when the truth of the matter is examined, it is known that vegetarians also pay attention to their health.
- People with this diet can meet their vitamin needs with nuts, herbs and supplements.
- Although the lack of meat-based products is felt in the blood values from time to time, this diet is very beneficial for people. Of course, some side effects should not be forgotten.
A vegetarian diet, which includes the fact of recorded history from beginning to end, normally means abstaining from animal foods. However, deep in vegetarianism lies the meanings of protecting animals and preventing violence.
Therefore, a vegetarian diet is motivated by cultural and religious beliefs, spiritual considerations involving animal rights, health status and environmental factors.
- The vegetarian diet, known to almost everyone, emerges because it is basically a cheap diet.
- Since herbal products are both cheaper and easier to maintain than animal products, their application potential is also higher.
- Of course, apart from financial concerns, you may have to go on a vegetarian diet due to health problems.
- There are also those who have to follow a vegetarian diet for the purpose of protection from chronic diseases such as cardiovascular diseases, hypertension, diabetes and cancer.
- Another group prefers to be vegetarian because they see it as cruelty to animals.
- Some vegetarian celebrities, who love animals and prefer to eat vegetables to protect them, are mostly vegan for this reason.
- In this state, vegetarianism, which turns into an emotional attitude, is the easiest diet method to implement.
- You can add enough protein to your vegetarian diet, especially with grains, nuts such as walnuts, hazelnuts, plant seeds, legumes, eggs, milk and dairy products, and soy products that have gained value in recent years.
- Considering that a normal person should consume 2,400 calories a day, vegetarians can afford it, but various problems may arise due to protein and carbohydrate imbalance.
What Can’t a Vegetarian Eat?
- The most important problem often found in vegetarian diets is that their diet does not contain enough protein.
- Because they do not eat protein sources such as meat, eggs, milk, cheese, yogurt, which will be a source of protein for vegetarians.
- They do not even eat fish, let alone processed meat such as salami and sausage.
- The body, which tries to meet the vitamins that need to be taken from animal foods in other ways, sometimes loses its resistance. Because any vegetarian diet list is mostly plant protein-heavy.
- In order to add vegetarian protein sources to such a herbal diet, people need to consume plenty of lentils, beans, soy, peas, hummus and broccoli.
- Otherwise, a serious vegetarian vitamin supplement should be made. Otherwise, it can cause diseases such as osteoporosis, kidney failure, weakness, eye disorder and anemia.
- Sufficient protein can be provided by including a variety of nuts in a normal vegetarian breakfast.
What Are the Benefits and Harms of Vegetarianism?
Benefits of being a vegetarian:
- While it may seem difficult, research shows that vegetarians live longer.
- Since they are emotional people, they are more sensitive spiritually.
- Vegetarian nutrition does not cause digestive problems because it is easier to digest and lighter than meat nutrition.
- Vegetarian diet is budget friendly.
- If the meat is not understood when it is bad, it can cause problems, but spoiled fruit and vegetables show themselves quickly.
- You don’t have to worry about intestinal parasites and derivatives transmitted by raw meat.
Disadvantages of being vegetarian:
- Of course, being a vegetarian does not always guarantee a healthy lifestyle.
- In cases where an inadequate vegetarian diet is encountered, individuals cannot get enough minerals and meet with anemia.
- Sometimes individuals may even have to use vegetarian protein powder.
- Protein powders, which meet the body’s protein needs as quickly as possible, can expose the person to heavy metals in continuous use. There is even a possibility that it can cause addiction due to the negative effect it has on the brain.
- For this reason, it is beneficial to add protein to the body naturally.
- With thelack of B12 experienced due to the vegetarian diet , serious problems may occur in cardiovascular diseases. For this reason, you can apply a vegetarian menu prepared with great care.
Vegetarian Food List
- Although it is claimed that the essence of Turkish cuisine is based on meat, a vegetarian menu can be created with different vegetables, fruits and herbs produced in our country, which is a plains paradise.
- Vegetarian Turkish dishes are quite diverse, as are all vegetarian versions of dishes.
- For example, meatless vegetarian lahmacun prepared for lahmacun lovers can be made entirely with soy. Even a veggie burger with lentil meatballs can be a delicious meal.
- You can try vegetarian pizza with various ingredients, vegetarian meatballs with soy or vegetarian kebab.
- Although rare, there are vegetarian restaurants that serve this type of food. Unfortunately, it is difficult to find a vegetarian menu in every restaurant, as there is no awareness of nutritional diversity.
- But thanks to many vegetarian recipes published on the Internet, it is possible to create your own diet list.
- Vegetarian diet recipes, which are very practical and easy to apply, are both healthy and satisfying.
How to Spell Vegetarian?
- The often confused vegetarian is spelled “vegetarian”, not vegetarian , according to tdk data .
- In order not to encounter frequent spelling and pronunciation mistakes, you can refer to the home page of the Turkish Language Association for words that are curious.
- The diet that should be considered according to age groups may even change according to the type of activity.
- For this reason, many athletes follow their diet with a dietitian. Even a mother who does not have a vegetarian kitchen awareness has the risk of giving birth to a disabled child.
- Considering that each period requires a different amount of minerals and vitamins, the result becomes clearer.
- In many vegetarian cuisines that do not use meat and meat products, there is no alternative such as vegetarian sausage or vegetarian sausage.
- The lacto-vegetarian diet, which is used by those who consume only milk and dairy products from animal sources as well as plant-based foods, is more reasonable than an extremely strict diet.
- At the very least, the individual can take full advantage of all the vitamins and minerals that milk and dairy products provide.
Your work can be made easier with one-day menu samples prepared for vegetarians of different ages and activities. Thus, you can also produce different dishes prepared with the substitution method. Vegetarian dishes are suitable, they do not contain expensive ingredients. Moreover, they offer rich values in different vitamins.