How Is Curd Cheese Made? Benefits of Curd Cheese
- What is Curd Cheese? Who Can Eat Curd Cheese?
- Calorie, Protein and Nutritional Values of Curd Cheese
- What are the Benefits of Curd Cheese?
- How Is Curd Cheese Made? Making Curd Cheese
- How to Eat Curd Cheese?
- How Much Is Curd Cheese Price?
- What to Do with Curd Cheese? We Compiled For You!
Curd Cheese and its Nutritional Values with Practical Making
Curd cheese, which is formed by the coagulation of whey, is consumed fresh. Salted or unsalted varieties are available. Curd, which can be flavored with spices according to use or taste, can be produced at home or purchased ready-made. It is known that the best curd will be produced from the whey left over from the production of cheddar cheese. Easy cheese curd, which can be easily prepared at home by consumers who produce yogurt and cheese with raw milk, is also a symbol of village life.
What is Curd Cheese? Who Can Eat Curd Cheese?
- Curd cheese, which can be used in all homes thanks to its affordable price, is rich in protein and nutritious.
- The product, which is not in a smooth mold like other cheeses, but in the form of coagulated mush, draws attention with its soft consistency.
- Curd cheese, which has different varieties such as Thrace curd, Kars curd, Antalya curd and Erzurum curd, is a traditional flavor that is consumed fondly all over Turkey.
- Curd cheese is not only harmless but also known for its high benefits.
- The answer to the question of how much curd cheese should be eaten is limited only to sick people. Those who have diseases such as gout that can be damaged by excess protein should not overdo it in eating curd cheese.
- The question of whether to give curd cheese to babies is the curiosity of parents.
- Curd, also called sour curd, can be easily fed to babies older than 6 months.
- Curd given to babies is recommended to be unspiced, oil-free and salt-free. Complimentary food, which is started by crushing and pureeing, can be fed in pieces as the baby grows.
- Curd cheese, which is also a favorite of athletes by increasing red muscle mass, has similar qualities with its protein powder contents.
Calorie, Protein and Nutritional Values of Curd Cheese
The nutritional value of curd cheese is ideal for dieters and especially those who do sports:
- 100 grams of curd cheese contains an average of 700 mg of calcium and 650 mg of phosphorus.
- With its protein-rich form, curd cheese, which you can consume for breakfast, snacks and dinner, can accompany every moment of the day.
- Protein ratio of 100 curd cheese is 14.44 grams.
- 100 grams of it meets 90 percent of the daily calcium need according to the Turkish Food Codex.
- Curd with high potassium does not contain cholesterol.
- Curd cheese can be used in diets because of its low fat content.
- Cheese, which contains vitamins A and C, can also be consumed by children in the developmental period.
- The question of how many calories in curd cheese is answered differently according to the salt values of the cheese. 100 grams of unsalted curd cheese has an average of 72 kcal calories. 100 grams of full-fat curd cheese is 202 kcal calories.
- Curd, which contains plenty of late-digested protein called casein, thus keeps you full for a long time.
What are the Benefits of Curd Cheese?
- Although it is made from cow cheese, it does not have the antigenic protein that other cheeses have. Curd cheese is more nutritious than egg in terms of amino acid values and protein.
- When eaten after muscle injuries, it allows the body to recover quickly.
- It is a low calorie and filling snack. Among the benefits of curd cheese, its slimming feature draws attention.
- It strengthens the immune system. High nutritional values help prevent diseases
- It is known for its protective effect against cancer. Cancer patients can consume it as an additional food. It is recommended to get approval from the doctor before consumption.
- It helps to prevent insulin resistance. It is important for the cardiovascular system to avoid insulin resistance, which threatens cardiovascular health.
- It strengthens the bones. It is an important nutrient especially for dental health.
- It is noteworthy that it is rich in selenium content and antioxidants. It helps to remove harmful toxins from the body.
- Among the benefits of curd cheese are the benefits of being unsalted. It is a special choice for those who do not want to take salt while enjoying the benefits of cheese.
How Is Curd Cheese Made? Making Curd Cheese
- Curd cheese is made from raw milk. If raw milk cannot be found, pasteurized or daily milk can be used.
- Curd, which needs nothing but lemon juice and milk, is recommended to be produced from several kilos of milk so that it can be produced in remarkable quantities.
- The making of curd requires nothing more than a pot, a stove and a cheesecloth.
- Wooden spoons are used as the use of metal spoons during cooking may spoil the taste of the milk. On average, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice is added to 1 liter of milk.
- Boiled milk and lemon juice mixed with a wooden spoon begin to cut. The cheese, which is seen to be piece by piece, is left to cool.
- When the cheese cools, the pieces sink to the bottom and the water rises to the top.
- The cheese is filtered by spreading a clean cheesecloth.
- It is recommended that the cheesecloth to be used during cheese filtration is separated and stored for curd.
- White cheesecloth should be preferred in order to easily control the strained cheese.
- Curd cheese, which is strained for 5-6 hours, is ready to eat at the end of the period.
- After filtering, flavoring can be done with salt.
- In addition to salt, paprika, mint, thyme, red pepper powder and black pepper can also be preferred for seasoning.
- Olive oil and pomegranate syrup can also be among the aromatic choices.
How to Eat Curd Cheese?
- Curd cheese, the purest form of milk, can be consumed raw or cooked on the table.
- Cheese, which can be mixed with spices and eaten for breakfast with olive oil, can be placed in phyllo and accompany pastries.
- If you are a cheese lover in pastries, you can sweeten your buns and pastries with curd.
- In addition, curd can be added to salads prepared from seasonal greens.
- Salads with cheese, in which fresh fruits such as strawberries and pomegranates can be added as well as dried fruits, are flavored with pomegranate syrup. The content of curd cheese, which can be put into pasta and complements pizzas, also enriches pancakes with carbohydrate storage in terms of protein.
- Curd cheese, which can be colored with greens such as parsley and rosemary, can also find a place for itself in desserts special to Thrace. The food known as curd dessert is prepared with milk and starch and is eaten with pleasure.
- Curd cheese, which is also suitable for babies from the transition period to supplementary food, is given to babies in measured amounts.
- If your baby’s complementary feeding is fully opened, you can prepare pancakes and omelets using curd cheese.
- You may experience some difficulty while feeding curd cheese to your baby with the blw method. For this, it will be better if you eat it in different foods.
- Curd cheese, which is effective for the muscle and brain development of babies, is a suitable and delicious food for anyone without milk allergy.
How Much Is Curd Cheese Price?
- Prices vary, taking into account the varieties of curd cheese. Cheese, which can be offered for sale in kilograms, is also sold in packages with salted or unsalted alternatives.
- Curd cheeses, which can be sold in cheese shops, markets and markets, can also be prepared at home by taking milk.
- Curd cheese price is much more economical than other cheeses. 1 kilo of curd cheese is around 10-12 liras on average, and in some brands, the weight price can go up to 25-30 liras.
- These figures are almost the same for 2021 as well. A few minor differences vary by brand and packaging system.
- The fees of companies with more costly packaging systems are slightly higher than others.
- After purchasing curd cheese, be careful to keep it in the refrigerator.
- If you keep it in an open container; You may damage the structure.
- For this reason, it is recommended to store it in a bag or in a closed jar if possible. Curd cheese is a delicate structured cheese.
- It is very prone to spoilage. In the slightest molding, the entire curd cheese can be affected. You can continue to consume by paying attention to the storage conditions.