Oregano Oil:What are the Benefits of Oregano Oil? How is it made and used?
Thyme is an annual herb that loves the sun and hot weather grows in the form of a bush in the mountains and slopes and is mostly grown in barren areas. It is widely used as a spice because it has a nice smell and a pleasant taste.
The thyme plant, which is very suitable for meat dishes, has oval-shaped dark green leaves. The flowers are pink or purple in color. The plant can grow up to 15 – 20 centimeters. The leaves of thyme herb collected in autumn are dried thoroughly in a sunny place and stored for use.
Oregano oil made from the plant is very healing. It is used in the treatment of many diseases. It can be applied both on the skin and taken internally. It is a very good antioxidant due to the ingredients it contains. You can find all the information you want to learn about the benefits of thyme oil, where it can be used, and how to prepare it in this article.
How Is Oregano Oil Made?
- The thyme plant, which grows in the mountains, is carefully collected when the season comes.
- After sorting, it is dried in a high place and under the sun not exceeding 35 degrees.
- It is expected to dry completely for 3 or 5 days.
- After drying, the thyme is collected and ground or placed in a bottle with its stems, leaves, and flowers without grinding.
- Pure extra virgin olive oil is filled on the plant. It is kept in a cool place for a month, with the mouth tightly closed in an airtight manner.
- In this process, the mouth of the bottle is never opened. Otherwise, the oil loses its acidity.
- At the end of a month, thyme oil becomes ready for use.
- If you do not have the opportunity to collect thyme yourself, you can try to make oil by buying fresh thyme plants sold in the markets.
- Since the use of thyme oil can vary according to the nature of the diseases, you can easily benefit from it.
What are the Benefits of Oregano Oil?
- The water and oil of thyme, which is widely used in kitchens, add flavor to many dishes in its fresh or dried form, and is found in every home as a spice, is also used to find healing.
- Since the benefits of thyme oil are well known among the public, the use of the oil is also very common.
It is possible to list some of the benefits of thyme oil as follows:
- Oregano oil is said to be effective against many types of cancer. It is especially recommended for uterine cancer.
- It is used in the treatment of inflammatory skin wounds. It has germicidal and cell regenerative properties. It is used by applying on wounds.
- It is useful against rheumatism and other bone disorders. It has pain-relieving properties. If it is applied by massaging on the aching bones, it relieves the pain. It is also very useful for muscle aches and arthritis pains caused by sprains and injuries.
- Recommended for lower back pain. If a tablespoon of thyme oil and the same amount of olive oil are mixed and applied to the waist, it is possible to get rid of low back pain.
- It is good for cough, sinusitis, and tonsillitis. It can be used in the common cold.
- It is suggested that it is beneficial against diabetes because it regulates the amount of sugar in the blood. It is recommended for diabetics.
- Thyme oil also has diuretic and calming properties.
- Oregano oil is used in the treatment of acne. It is very useful against acne and acne seen in adolescents.
- It contributes to the regular functioning of the intestines. There are opinions that it is useful against hepatitis.
- Thyme oil is widely used in solving nail fungus problems. It prevents fungi as it has antiviral properties.
- As with all herbal products, it is very important to consult your doctor before using thyme oil.
What Is Thyme Oil Good For?
- Thyme oil is good for many health problems. It is also used for different purposes.
- One of them is that it destroys the snails seen in the gardens.
- In addition to snails, thyme oil also repels bedbugs, lice, fleas, ticks, amoeba and mosquitoes.
Other diseases it is good for are listed as follows:
- It reduces the effect of bacteria that cause odor in the mouth. It prevents the formation of odor and makes your breath smell good.
- There are opinions that it can be used in the treatment of asthma.
- It is good for skin diseases such as boils, psoriasis, and eczema. In such problems, thyme oil is applied by applying it to the skin.
- It can be used as an anti-aging product as it contains anti-aging properties. It delays aging and wrinkles formation.
- It is said to be good for insomnia and indigestion.
- It is beneficial for the lungs. Its use against tuberculosis disease is quite common.
- It has a menstrual-regulating effect in women.
- There are opinions that it is effective in keeping heart diseases away.
- If you are wondering if thyme oil is good for hemorrhoids, there is no clear information on this subject. But drinking thyme juice is said to be beneficial for hemorrhoids.
What Does Oregano Oil Do? How to use it?
- Thyme oil is also used for gout, calcification, gum diseases, regulation of stomach acid level and treatment of stomach infections.
- It contributes to the strengthening of the eyes and eye muscles. It can destroy bacteria with its antiseptic feature.
- Another area where thyme oil is very beneficial is alcohol and cigarette addiction.
- The oil contains intense phenolic acid and is a strong antibacterial.
- Because of this feature, thyme oil is used in the treatment of moles. It destroys the newly formed skin moles in 2 months and the old skin moles in a longer time.
- You can mix 7 drops of coconut oil with 4 drops of thyme oil and continue to apply it on your skin moles several times a day to eliminate your moles.
- Thyme oil, which can be used in many areas, is a nourishing oil that you can use in hair care.
- If you care for your hair with thyme oil, it will become stronger and will not fall out. If you are wondering how to drink thyme oil, you should know that you should drink it diluted.
- You can mix 3 drops in a glass of water and drink it.
- For external use, you need to mix 5 drops of thyme oil into a tablespoon of olive oil or almond oil and apply in this way.
- If you add it to the bathwater, you will experience a pleasant feeling of freshness.
If You Say Why Should I Use Oregano Oil;
- You can use this oil to cure headaches that you cannot relieve in a short time.
- You can benefit from thyme oil in order not to experience groin pain that causes stress during menstruation.
- If you want care and vitality for your hair, you can add thyme oil to the hair mask.
- You can use thyme oil in the shower to protect foot health and remove bad odors.
- You can keep thyme oil in the room to sleep more comfortably and wake up-fit.
- If you want to support the skin to look more lively and smooth, you should definitely use this oil in skincare.
- If you wish the nails to grow strongly, do not be late to use thyme oil.
- If you want to heal the pimples that tire the skin as soon as possible and clean it without leaving a trace, the vegetable oil you are looking for is thyme oil.
Does Thyme Oil Make You Weak?
- Thyme oil is an oil used in regional slimming studies.
- It can be added as an active ingredient in slimming cures.
- Oregano oil can aid weight loss as it contains carvacrol.
- You can use it by including it in your diet and exercise programs and applied massages.
- It is a very effective oil in eliminating cellulite and varicose problems.
- You can apply it by massaging the problem areas.
- Since thyme oil helps to lower cholesterol, it accelerates the fat-burning process.
Does Oregano Oil Burn Skin? What are the harms?
- If you are going to use pure thyme oil obtained by the distillation method, you will encounter the flammable effect when you apply it to your skin.
- For this reason, you should use it by mixing it with one of the carrier oils.
- Oregano oil should not be used alone as it has a strong burning effect.
- The use of thyme oil by pregnant women and nursing mothers is harmful. Because it increases the amount of estrogen, they may experience a miscarriage.
- It is also inconvenient to use for those with spice allergies.
- It is not recommended to be used together with drugs that prevent blood clotting.
- Since it can cause irritation on sensitive skin, it is absolutely necessary to get the opinion of a specialist before starting the use of thyme oil.