12 Miraculous Benefits of Eucalyptus Oil
Eucalyptus oil, which fascinates most people with its refreshing scent, has an important place among healing oils with its miraculous effects. This oil, which has been crowned in almost every society from past to present, has a very wide usage area.
The benefits of eucalyptus oil, which can be used safely in all age groups, children, young and old, do not stop!
It cuts the cough, cleans the lungs, opens the stuffy nose, is good for sinusitis! In this article, let’s take a look at eucalyptus oil, which is a natural recipe for upper respiratory tract disorders. Here are the miraculous benefits of eucalyptus oil…
What is Eucalyptus Oil?
- Eucalyptus oil, as the name suggests, is a kind of essential oil obtained from the leaves of the eucalyptus tree, which grows in tropical climates.
- It is frequently used in the fields of health, cosmetics, food and cleaning products, especially in alternative medicine.
- If anyone is wondering whether to drink eucalyptus oil , let’s answer it right away. Yes, eucalyptus oil is drinkable. This medicinal herbal oil is suitable for internal and external use.
- The most well-known benefit is that it is good for respiratory diseases.
- It has a sharp and refreshing scent.
12 Miraculous Benefits of Eucalyptus Oil
1) Good for Respiratory Diseases
- Eucalyptus oil is a natural recipe that is frequently used in upper respiratory tract and lung diseases from past to present.
- It is good for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease known as COPD among the people.
- In addition to COPD, it is effective against ailments such as colds, coughs, bronchitis, asthma, flu and sinusitis.
- However, it is not recommended for children under 6 years of age for the treatment of bronchitis.
- It clears the respiratory tract.
- It helps to get more air into the lungs.
- It eliminates nasal congestion and facilitates comfortable breathing.
- Eucalyptus oil is recommended by İbrahim Saraçoğlu especially for the treatment of sinusitis and upper respiratory tract diseases.
2) Cuts the Cough
- The most well-known benefit of eucalyptus oil is that it is a natural remedy against cough.
- It is expectorant and cleanses the body of toxins.
3) Relieves Symptoms of Seasonal Allergies
- Seasonal allergies negatively affect the lives of many people.
- Thanks to the citronellal and eucalyptol components in the eucalyptus oil content, it both supports the body’s defense system and prevents the formation of inflammation. In this way, the strengthened immune system fights the factors that cause allergies more easily.
- If you are suffering from seasonal allergies, we recommend that you take support from eucalyptus oil to reduce symptoms.
4) It is a Natural Anti-Inflammatory and Pain Relief
- Eucalyptus oil, which contains anti-inflammatory components, is also a natural pain reliever.
- If applied to the skin, it relieves muscle pain. It reduces swelling on the skin surface.
- It is good for headaches caused by sinusitis, stress and fatigue.
- It reduces joint pain, especially good for pain caused by rheumatic diseases. If you have such a problem, you can add a few drops of eucalyptus oil to the aching joint and rub the area gently. Your pain will decrease in a short time.
5) Revitalizes the Mind
- Eucalyptus oil, which has soothing and invigorating properties, both invigorates the mind and energizes the body.
- It relieves muscle stiffness and pain caused by nerves and stress. It invigorates the mind.
- Increases focusing power.
- It gives calmness and calmness to the body.
6) Used in Wound Treatment
- Eucalyptus oil has many benefits on the skin. One of them is that it is used in wounds, burns, cuts and insect bites.
- Eucalyptus oil, which has antiseptic properties, destroys microbes and prevents inflammation.
- It repairs and heals the skin.
7) It Has Antipyretic Effect
- Another feature of eucalyptus oil is its cooling effect on the body.
- In cases where the fever rises, when eucalyptus oil is applied to the armpit and forehead, the fever decreases.
8) Prevents Tooth Decay
- Eucalyptus oil prevents tooth decay thanks to its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
- It prevents the formation of tooth infection and gingivitis. It heals existing inflammations.
- It is effective against dental plaque.
- Thanks to these properties, eucalyptus oil is an oil that is included in many mouthwashes, toothpastes and oral care products sold on the market today.
9) Effective Against Intestinal Parasites
- Studies have shown that the internal use of eucalyptus oil kills most of the parasites, bacteria and microbes in the intestines.
10) Can Be Used As A Disinfectant
- Eucalyptus oil is used as a natural disinfectant thanks to its antibacterial properties.
- It is preferred as a natural disinfectant especially in toilet and surface cleaning.
11) Repels Insects and Mosquitoes
- Mosquito and insect bites bother many people.
- If you apply some eucalyptus oil behind your earlobe, mosquitoes and insects will stay away from you.
- In addition, eucalyptus oil quickly relieves redness and itching caused by mosquito and insect bites.
12) Nourishes Skin and Hair
- Eucalyptus oil is a frequently used ingredient in hair and skin care products.
- It nourishes the hair and makes it gain volume.
- It is effective against head lice.
- It prevents the formation of acne and pimples on the skin.
- It helps the skin stay young.
- It gives the skin a bright and healthy appearance.
What Does Eucalyptus Oil Do?
Eucalyptus oil can be used in various ways. How to use it actually depends on what purpose it will be used for:
- For example, if it is to be used for oral and dental care, it is mixed with water to gargle. If it is to be used for joint pain, it is applied externally to the aching area.
- If it is to be used internally, 4-5 drops of eucalyptus oil are dropped into a cup of warm water and drunk.
- Eucalyptus oil can also be used as a steam bath. For this, some eucalyptus oil is dropped into warm water and the steam of this water is inhaled.
How to use eucalyptus oil for nasal congestion?
- Nasal congestion is a problem experienced by everyone, big or small. It is a condition that is more common in infants and children and reduces their quality of life.
- Eucalyptus oil is a natural, harmless solution to many upper respiratory tract problems, especially nasal congestion.
So, how to use eucalyptus oil for nasal congestion? Here is the answer…
Boil 1 liter of water and drop 4 drops of eucalyptus oil into it. Grab a cheesecloth or towel over your head, bend slightly towards the water and inhale the steam. Thanks to this method, your nasal congestion will pass immediately.
How to apply eucalyptus oil to the skin?
- One of the uses of eucalyptus oil is in the cosmetics industry. Many creams and masks contain eucalyptus oil.
- You can use eucalyptus oil to moisturize your skin. All you have to do is mix eucalyptus oil, honey and lemon and apply it to your skin. Wait for 10 minutes and at the end of the time, cleanse your skin of the mixture with lukewarm water. Thanks to this application, your skin will be soft.
- Eucalyptus oil is a herbal oil with benefits for the skin. It reduces skin blemishes and makes the skin look young and bright. Eucalyptus oil cleans blackheads and eliminates acne.
- If you want to benefit from these benefits of eucalyptus oil, you can make a eucalyptus mask 1-2 times a week.
- Before starting the eucalyptus mask, we recommend rubbing your skin with cucumber slices for 5 minutes. This application creates a peeling effect and purifies your skin from dead cells. Then mix a teaspoon of eucalyptus oil with the same amount of cucumber juice and apply the resulting mixture to your skin. The mixture should stay on your skin for 15 minutes. At the end of the period, clean your skin with warm water. This method is especially suitable for people with oily skin type.
- If you have color inequalities on your skin, you should definitely try the eucalyptus oil mask, which consists of yogurt and eucalyptus oil, which brightens the skin. To prepare the mask, add 3 drops of eucalyptus oil to a bowl of yogurt. Then apply the yogurt to your skin and wait for 10 minutes. Thanks to this mask, your skin will lighten 1-2 tones in a short time.
- If your skin is dry and you have redness, you can apply a skin whitening mask prepared with eucalyptus oil. To prepare this mask, mix equal amounts of eucalyptus oil, honey and cucumber juice in a suitable container. Apply the mixture you prepared on your skin. After waiting for a while, you can clean your mask.
- Underarm darkening is a common problem for many women that is not talked about. If you have such a problem, mix equal parts of eucalyptus oil, cucumber juice and lemon juice. Apply the mixture you prepared to the armpit and wait for 20 minutes. This method will solve your armpit darkening problem in a short time.
How is eucalyptus oil used for asthma?
- Eucalyptus oil relieves respiratory distress of asthma patients.
- Asthma patients are advised to drop a few drops of eucalyptus oil on the chest area and massage them during a crisis.
Eucalyptus Oil Poisoning Symptoms
- As with many food and herbal products, overdose of eucalyptus oil can cause undesirable results. Therefore, it should be used with caution. In fact, it is useful to consult a doctor before starting to use it.
- Pregnant women, lactating women and children are not recommended to use eucalyptus oil.
- It is also recommended that diabetics and people with kidney disease should stay away from eucalyptus oil.
- Eucalyptus oil can cause changes in blood sugar level. For this reason, it is not recommended for people who have had or will have surgery recently to use this oil for at least 2 weeks.
- Known side effects of eucalyptus oil are usually nausea, stomach pain, vomiting, diarrhea and convulsions. In some cases, skin irritations may also occur. If you experience these symptoms after you start using eucalyptus oil, we recommend that you apply to a health care provider without wasting any time.