Lion’s Claw :10 Lesser Known Benefits of Lion’s Claw
Lion’s claw has been healing for centuries with its tanning substances, glycosides, alkaloids, fatty acids, fruit acids, ether, saponin, tannin, various minerals, and vitamins. This plant, which is good for many ailments, especially gynecological diseases, is in the field of interest of both traditional and modern medicine.
In this article, we have focused on the lion’s claw for you. Here are the benefits and harms of the lion’s claw, which has miraculous effects…
What is Lion’s Claw?
- The lion’s claw plant is a plant belonging to the rosaceae family.
- It is also known as rabbit ear, lion ear, lion dust, lion’s foot, cloak dust, dewlap and dewlap. Its Latin name is Alchemilla.
- It grows widely in mountainous regions in Asian, African and European countries.
- In our country, it is seen in Western, Northern and Southern Anatolia.
- It is medium size, between grass and bush.
- In some regions, very hairy varieties are also grown.
- The flowers are small and petalless. It is possible to say that it is unpretentious in terms of its flowers.
- It reproduces asexually.
- There are nearly a thousand species. 300 of these species grow in Europe. Some of them are used as ornamental plants.
- A few species, on the other hand, give considerable forage.
- It grows in all seasons of the year. It is a plant used for healing purposes from past to present in the regions where it grows. It has a healing and restorative effect on health.
- Its oil, tea, and cream are produced.
Lion’s Claw Benefits: 10 Little-Known Features
1) Regulates Menstrual Period
- Lion’s claw is especially preferred by women who experience menstrual irregularity.
- The most important feature of this plant is that it regulates the menstrual period. It prevents early or delayed menstrual bleeding.
- When consumed as a tea, it reduces menstrual pain and eliminates the currents experienced during this period.
2) Relieves Menopause Troubles
- The common problems of women in the menopause process are excessive sweating, nervousness, stress and hormonal imbalances.
- The lion’s claw minimizes all these problems and ensures that the process is comfortable.
3) Improves Sperm and Egg Quality
- Studies have shown that a lion’s claw reduces the risk of reproductive disorders.
- It improves sperm quality in men.
- In women, it supports healthy egg production. It is very beneficial for female reproductive health.
- Although it improves sperm quality in men, it is not recommended for long-term use.
4) Protects Cardiovascular Health
- The saponin, leonine and tanning substances in the lion’s claw protect heart health by destroying the factors that cause heart diseases.
- It prevents heart palpitations by eliminating heartbeat disorders.
- It is a natural recipe for heart patients.
5) Good for Liver Disorders
- It is a liver-friendly herb.
- When used regularly, it eliminates the factors that cause liver disorders.
- It acts as a protective shield against liver failure and liver cancer diseases.
- It prevents inflammation in the liver. If such a problem already exists, it reduces inflammation.
- It helps to remove harmful enzymes in the liver in a short time.
6) Reduces the Risk of Cancer
- Ursolic acids, leonines, and alkaloids in lion’s claws prevent the formation of malignant tumors and the proliferation of damaged cells.
- Studies have shown that a lion’s claw protects against many types of cancer, especially breast, uterus, and ovary.
7) Strengthens the Immune System
- Lion’s claw strengthens the immune system thanks to the vitamins and minerals it contains.
- It ensures that germs and bacteria are removed from the body in a short time.
- Thanks to the ursolic acids in its content, it prevents viruses from sheltering in the body.
- Consuming lion’s claw tea regularly protects from winter diseases.
- It makes the body vigorous.
8) Good for Skin Diseases
- Lion’s claw is a skin-friendly herb. It has a restorative and healing effect on the skin.
- It prevents the formation of blemishes on the skin. Eliminates acne and acne problems.
- Eliminates skin problems such as inflammation, itching, irritation and redness.
- It helps the skin to have a healthy appearance.
9) Protects Eye Health
- It is a very important plant for eye health.
- It prevents visual disturbances.
- It is good for eye pressure.
- It reduces the risk of infection in the eye.
- It relieves redness and itching in the eye.
- It heals problems such as burrs and swelling in a short time.
10) Prevents Stomach Diseases
- Thanks to the high content of vitamins and minerals in the content of lion’s claw, it relieves problems such as stomach cramps and pains.
- It is good for stomach pains.
- It protects the health of the stomach by eliminating the factors that open the door to stomach diseases.
Other Benefits of Lion’s Claw:
- It is a good diuretic thanks to its elements and high fruit acid content.
- Eliminates sexual impotence.
- It prevents sexual diseases.
- It protects the health of teeth, tongue, and palate.
- It has an aphrodisiac effect, increases sexual pleasure.
- It prevents seasonally developing chest diseases.
- It helps to get rid of the infection that develops due to smoking in the chest area quickly.
- It prevents mental disorders, calms, and relaxes the body.
- It is effective against sleep disorders.
- It stops bleeding.
- It has an edema-enhancing effect.
- It is effective against hair growth.
- It supports muscle formation.
- It reduces rheumatic pains.
- It helps to lose weight.
- It is effective against anemia.
- It raises the estrogen hormone.
- It is effective against high levels of FSH hormone.
How to Brew and Consume Lion’s Claw Tea?
- Lion’s claw tea is quite easy to prepare.
- 1 tablespoon of dried lion’s claw is put in 1 liter of boiled drinking water and left to infuse for 15 minutes.
- You can sweeten your tea with sugar or honey if you wish.
- Lion’s claw tea should be consumed fresh.
- Lion’s claw is a plant frequently recommended by İbrahim Saraçoğlu with its benefits.
- İbrahim Saraçoğlu recommends the lion’s claw cure especially for hair growth and menstrual irregularities.
- To prepare a lion’s claw cure, it is necessary to boil 1 teaspoon of dried lion’s claw in approximately 200 ml of non-chlorinated water for 10 minutes.
- The ideal time for the lion’s claw Ibrahim Saracoglu cure is one month.
- Saraçoğlu recommends that the prepared tea be consumed in the amount of one glass of water twice a day for a month.
Does Lion’s Claw Make Conceiving Easier?
- Lion’s claw is especially recommended for couples who are planning to become pregnant.
- When lion’s claw tea is consumed regularly, it regulates the menstrual period and eliminates menstrual problems.
- It also supports the formation of healthy eggs from women.
- In men, it improves sperm quality.
- However, since it increases the estrogen hormone, it is not recommended for men to consume it in the long term and in excessive doses.
Does Lion’s Claw Make You Weak?
- Lion’s claw has no effect on slimming.
- However, İbrahim Saraçoğlu recommends lion’s claw tea and cure to women who have weight problems due to hormonal disorders.
- Lion’s claw herb can help with weight loss while regulating hormones.
Lion’s Claw Harms and Side Effects
- Excessive or prolonged use of a lion’s claw may cause some side effects.
- Among these side effects are allergic reactions. Particular attention should be paid to the use of lions’ claws in allergic bodies.
- If there is regular drug use, the lion’s claw should not be cured without consulting a doctor.
- Young children, patients undergoing chemotherapy, pregnant women, and nursing mothers are not recommended to consume lion’s claw tea.
- Lion’s claw causes the hormone estrogen to rise. If you are already experiencing hormonal disorders, you should not consume lion’s claw tea.