Nutritional Value of Bulgur: How Many Calories in Bulgur?
Bulgur, the traditional taste of Anatolia, is one of the foods that are not missing from the kitchen. Bulgur, which is loved and consumed with its long shelf life and classic taste, is also one of the miraculous foods for those who pay attention to their weight. Bulgur, which keeps you full with its high protein value and helps to remove toxins from the body with its fibrous structure, is a great option for those trying to lose weight.
How Many Calories in Bulgur?
- Bulgur, which is indispensable in the kitchen, contains approximately 3 calories in 1 gram in terms of calories.
- There are 527 calories in a 162-gram glass of bulgur, which is consumed by joining different meals as well as plain pilaf alone.
- Dieters, on the other hand, think about how many calories are in 100 g bulgur. 100 grams of bulgur, which is less than a glass of water, contains an average of 300 calories.
- The calorie content of fine bulgur, which is a type of bulgur that is loved and consumed in the kitchen, is also a matter of interest, and fine bulgur is also known as “infertility bulgur” among the people. Especially those who want to lose weight wonder how many calories are fine-grained bulgur or infertility bulgur. There are 586 calories in a 165 gram glass of infertility bulgur.
How Many Calories in Boiled Bulgur?
- Boiled bulgur, which is boiled in water and consumed in various ways, has 118 calories in a 142 gram glass of water.
- A 30 gram tablespoon of boiled bulgur is 25 calories.
- A heaping tablespoon of bulgur in 35 grams contains 29 calories.
- Let us remind you that there are 273 calories in a large portion of 285 grams of boiled bulgur, which is consumed plain or added to meals.
How Many Calories in Bulgur Rice?
Bulgur pilaf, which is the classic taste of Anatolian cuisine, is usually
prepared with various vegetables such as tomatoes and peppers.
- A medium portion of 140 grams of bulgur pilaf prepared with tomatoes and peppers is 254 calories.
- There are 266 calories in a 170 gram portion of bulgur pilaf prepared with barley noodle. In addition, bulgur pilaf with barley vermicelli is a diet-friendly meal with its filling structure when consumed in the right proportion.
How Many Calories in Bulgur Meatballs?
Bulgur meatballs are usually prepared with garlic or yogurt, and fine bulgur is preferred as bulgur.
- There are 306 calories in a medium-size portion of 220 grams of garlic bulgur meatballs prepared with fine bulgur.
- Since bulgur is prepared with fine bulgur, one wonders how many calories are in fine bulgur. A 165 gram glass of fine bulgur is 586 calories.
There are 28 calories in a 20 gram piece of garlic bulgur patties, which are recommended to be prepared by boiling instead of frying in order to have lower calories.
- There are 363 calories in 180 grams of medium portion of bulgur meatballs with yogurt, which is prepared by boiling and served with yogurt poured on it.
How Many Calories in Bulgur Soup?
- Bulgur soup, which is a nutritious and satisfying soup, is prepared with bulgur with rice and a serving of 190 grams is 93 calories.
- We can say that there are approximately 148 calories in a large bowl of bulgur soup of 300 grams. Since bulgur soup has low calories and is a satisfying type of soup, there is no harm in consuming it during a diet.
How Many Calories in Brown Bulgur?
- There are 325 calories in 100 grams of brown bulgur, known as traditional Anatolian bulgur, obtained by grinding wheat.
- Brown bulgur, which is mainly used in salads, soups and juicy dishes, has 487 calories in a 150-gram glass of water.
Nutritional Value of Bulgur
Bulgur, which is in the grain group, is a food rich in B group vitamins and is an important source of carbohydrates, protein and fiber. At just 100 grams:
- Carbs: 68 g
- Protein: 9 g
- Fat: 1 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Calcium: 30mg
It facilitates weight loss, especially as a rich source of fiber. Considering its vitamin values, it is seen that it is an important source of vitamin B12, and it also contains vitamins B1, B3, B6. Bulgur meets 15% of an adult’s daily vitamin B needs. In terms of minerals, food containing magnesium, iron, potassium and zinc raises blood sugar more slowly than white bread and rice. Especially bulgur, which has a lower glycemic index, is healthier because it mixes into the blood more slowly.
Does Bulgur Make You Gain Weight?
- Bulgur, which is consumed as an alternative to rice while dieting, makes it easier to skip meals because it has a satiating feature.
- Since it is a healthy carbohydrate source with its protein-containing structure, it gives saturation and does not make you gain weight because it does not contain fat.
- Especially with the B group vitamins it contains, it protects against fatigue while dieting and ensures to stay vigorous.
- Bulgur is not only in terms of carbohydrates and B vitamins; Since it is a very rich food in terms of fiber, it must be included in the diet lists.
- As it is known, fiber ensures the regular functioning of the digestive system, absorbs the water in the body and ensures that the edema is expelled.
- Thus, it gains the appreciation of those who try to lose weight by facilitating weight loss.