Red Velvet cheesecake ice cream
Everyone knows the red velvet cake, cupcakes or cheesecake. But what if you put all those goodies into an ice cream cake? How good does that sound? Heaven in a dessert!
An ice cream machine is required to make this cheesecake ice cream. Whether you have an automatic ice cream maker or one that you need to freeze in the freezer first, it doesn’t matter that much.
Next, the biggest challenge is to have to wait until the cake has cooled, made the ice and frozen again before attacking!
Red velvet cheesecake ice cream
But then you also have one of the tastiest ice creams you can imagine. We like to make this red velvet cheesecake ice cream when we know there will be visitors, otherwise I will eat the whole bowl on my own.
Red Velvet cheesecake ice cream recipe
PREPARATION TIME: 25 min
- Ice machine
- (hand) Mixer
- Round baking pan of 20 cm
- Glass bowl or lockable freezer container
- Butter to grease the baking pan
- 125 g flour + a little extra for the baking tin
- 85 gr unsalted butter at room temperature
- 200 gr granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp red food coloring
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 85 ml buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vinegar
Cream cheese ice cream
- 450 gr cream cheese at room temperature
- 480 gr sour cream at room temperature
- 250 ml of whole milk
- 270 g granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C. Grease the round baking pan with butter and sprinkle generously with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter with sugar creamy with a mixer. Add the eggs one at a time and mix well. Mix the coloring with the cocoa powder and add this. Now alternately add flour and buttermilk in parts and keep mixing, then the vanilla extract and the salt. Mix briefly and then turn off the mixer.
- Mix the baking soda and vinegar in a small bowl and fold gently and quickly into the batter. Pour the cake batter into the buttered baking pan and bake in the oven for about 25 minutes.
- While the cake is in the oven, make the ice cream. Using a spatula, mix all the ingredients of the ice cream in a bowl to a smooth batter. Pour into the ice cream maker and follow the device’s instructions.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool on the counter. Remove the ice from the ice cream maker and scoop it into a large bowl. Crumble the cake, keep a small part of the crumbs aside, and carefully fold the rest into the ice cream.
- Pour the mixture into a glass bowl or sealable freezer container and finish with a layer of crumbs on top.
- Place in the freezer for at least half an hour.
The stated nutritional value is based on standard tables and therefore an estimated total. No rights can be derived from the information in the nutritional table.