How Many Calories in Mucver?
Mücver, which is a guest on the tables in the summer months, is one of the tastes inherited from the Ottoman cuisine. Although the vegetable dish, which is prepared by kneading and frying grated zucchini with various vegetables, is made from zucchini in traditional recipes, it can be prepared in many ways, from potatoes to eggplant.
Although it is on the diet lists, we have researched for you the calories and whether it will make you gain weight, are you ready?
How Many Calories in Zucchini Mucver?
- Since zucchini is prepared with two different methods as frying and baking, its calorie content varies according to the cooking technique. Mücver prepared by frying has higher values in terms of calories.
- A serving of fried zucchini has 145 calories.
- A 140 gram portion of flourless mucver, prepared without adding flour and cooked by frying, contains 107 calories.
- On the other hand, there are an average of 63 calories in a 100-gram serving of zucchini hash prepared in the oven.
How Many Calories in Mashed Potatoes?
- Potato hash browns, one of the most popular recipes after zucchini, have higher values in terms of calories.
- A 100 gram serving contains 265 calories.
- It should be noted that vegetables such as carrots added to the recipe for fried potato muffins affect its calories.
- It may be wondered how many calories are in 1 hash prepared with potatoes when it is to be eaten during the diet. There is about 35 calories in 1 muffin with potatoes.
How Many Calories in Leek Mucver?
- Its main ingredient is leek, and it is prepared by adding vegetables such as potatoes and carrots, and it is cooked in the oven or fried.
- Prepared with leek, one of the healthy vegetables, has 250 calories in a medium-sized portion of 100 grams.
- It is useful to know that the leek muffin, which has 250 calories, is prepared in the oven, not fried.
How Many Calories in Baked Mucver?
- Baked mucver has a milder flavor and is found to be healthier compared to fried mucver.
- Since it does not absorb the frying oil, the baked hash browns, which have a lower calorie, have different calorie values according to the material from which it is prepared.
- There are 150 calories in a medium portion of meatballs prepared in the oven with different ingredients.
- A medium portion of baked zucchini muffins prepared with cheddar cheese is 221 calories.
- At the same time, it should be taken into account that the calorie content of the mucver changes depending on the material.
Mucver Nutrition Facts
- Mücver, the main ingredient of which is pumpkin, is a food rich in nutritional value.
- Carrying the nutritional values of flour, eggs and various spices apart from vegetables, Mücver contains vitamin A and vitamin C.
- It is also rich in calcium and iron. Pumpkin hash browns; It contains protein, fat, carbohydrates and is a very important source of potassium.
Does Mücver Gain Weight or Eat It on a Diet?
- Whether or not mucver, whose name we often hear on diet lists, gains weight depends on the cooking method.
- As long as zucchini prepared in the oven is consumed without exaggeration, it does not make you gain weight.
- Since it is prepared from zucchini, which is a low-calorie vegetable, it is not very high in calories and can be consumed during diet.
- Potato has a higher calorie than zucchini mucver, as long as it is prepared in the oven, it does not disturb the diet and as long as it is consumed without exaggeration, leek mucver can also be eaten in the diet.
- Again, while dieting, you can add mucver recipes prepared from different vegetables to your menu.
- Since it contains a lot of oil, it can cause weight gain.
- It is beneficial not to consume mucver prepared by frying during the diet.
What are the Tips for Making Mücver?
Although it is quite easy to make, keeping the consistency of the mucver requires ingenuity. It is enough to adhere to the tricks so that the mucver does not become soggy and mush and does not fall apart while cooking:
- Grated zucchini should not be kept in too much water while making mucver.
- When the zucchini absorbs too much water, it will be difficult to collect and it is necessary to add extra flour.
- Mucver containing too much flour will lose its flavor because it is mostly dough.
- The zucchini must be well squeezed so that it is not watery.
- It is not to add water to the mixture obtained when we mix zucchini with other vegetables.
- Even if the mixture is a little dry, it will thicken when it is left to stand.
- It is worth remembering that it is not necessary to keep the mucver waiting for a long time in order for it to reach its consistency.
- After resting for 5 minutes, the mix is ready to cook.
- When you want to add cheese to Mücvere, you should not choose oily, easy-melting cheeses.
- The recommended cheese for the recipe would be low-fat feta with a hard consistency.