Kidney Beans Nutritional Value | How Many Calories in Kidney Beans?
We are here for those who are wondering about kidney bean calorie information. Legumes have a wide place in Turkish cuisine. Red kidney beans, which can be preferred as an appetizer or cold salad, especially when consumed cold, are among these legumes. There is a white bean under the shell structure, which has transitions with red and pinks. For a delicious kidney bean meal, it is necessary to apply cooking techniques just like chickpeas and dried beans. In terms of its rich nutritional value, kidney beans, which are cooked in many homes, are one of the foods that support development thanks to their high vitamins.
Those who focus on meat consumption can double the flavor by cooking the kidney beans with meat. When served cold, it is in perfect harmony with olive oil. It can be purchased from time to time in canned form, and delicious meals can be prepared in a short time. We have examined the calorie values of kidney beans, also known as Roman beans in the food industry, under different headings for you. If you pay attention to a healthy diet, the information on this page will be very effective in your weight control.
How Many Calories in Kidney Beans?
Kidney beans, a legume rich in B vitamins, are recommended for those struggling with anemia. A recommendation for those who want to consume fibrous foods, kidney beans is a rich source of potassium. If you were to say how many calories are in kidney beans, which you love to consume, we can express the following numbers to you:
- 1 tablespoon of kidney beans: 67 calories
- 1 cup of kidney beans: 216 calories
- 1 cup of kidney beans: 400 calories
- 1 cup of kidney beans: 533 calories
- 100 grams of kidney beans: 333 calories
How Many Calories in a Meat Bean Meal?
Being a strong source of protein, kidney beans will contain higher protein when prepared with meat. If you are doing portion control, it is recommended that you be a little more sensitive about red kidney beans. Prepared from two protein groups, kidney beans with meat will be on your table as a high-calorie meal. It is recommended that bread should not be preferred in the meals it is consumed. Salad can be preferred to make the digestion more comfortable.
- One tablespoon of kidney beans: 20 calories
- One cup of red kidney beans: 393 calories
- 100 grams of red kidney beans: 197 calories
- Medium serving of kidney beans: 413 calories
How Many Calories in Kidney Beans with Olive Oil?
It is known that meals prepared with olive oil are more beneficial and healthy in terms of heart health. You can also cook high-calorie kidney beans with olive oil and make it a healthier food. When you want to consume a meal rich in omega 3 and vitamin B, red kidney beans with olive oil can be cooked in a pot. Our answer to the question of how many calories is a fresh red kidney bean meal with olive oil will be as follows:
- Red kidney beans with a tablespoon of olive oil: 38 calories
- How many calories in a full tablespoon of fresh kidney beans with olive oil: 77 calories
- Medium serving of kidney beans with olive oil: 356 calories
- 100 grams of red kidney beans with olive oil: 257 calories
How Many Calories in Canned Kidney Beans?
If you don’t have much time to prepare the red kidney beans, you can fill your stomach in a short time by buying canned kidney beans. Although it is not said that the consumption of canned products is very healthy, unfortunately, it is consumed from time to time during the active business and life process. In such cases, when you want to prepare canned kidney beans, you may wonder about the calorie amount. If we talk about the calorie information of canned kidney beans, which have different values than fresh:
- 1 tablespoon of canned kidney beans: 9 calories
- 100 grams of canned kidney beans: 85 calories
- 200 grams of canned kidney beans: 170 calories
Kidney Beans Nutritional Value
Kidney beans are a food that supports muscle and bone development, protects intestinal health thanks to its fibrous structure, and gives a feeling of satiety in terms of nutritional value. It contains zinc, iron, potassium, fiber and vitamins that your body needs. When you are wondering about the numerical data of these nutritional values, we can express the nutritional value table of a bowl of kidney beans as follows:
- 60.01 grams of carbohydrates
- 23.58 grams of protein
- 0.83 grams of fat
- 24.9 grams of fiber
- 24 milligrams of sodium
- 1406 milligrams of potassium
- 143 milligrams of calcium
- 1 iu of vitamin A
- 4.5 milligrams of vitamin C
- 8.2 grams of iron
Can Kidney Beans Eaten on a Diet? Does it make you gain weight?
- People who want to lose weight should consume foods with high nutritional value and activate their metabolism.
- At the end of the nutrition program with one-way and unhealthy foods, the probability of losing weight is very low.
- You can prepare your body to lose weight by consuming foods high in vitamins. One of the foods you can choose during this period can be kidney beans.
- Kidney beans are one of the foods with pulp and low glycemic index. Consumption of foods with these properties plays a major role in the slimming process.
- Due to its fibrous and pulpy structure, it supports the more active functioning of the intestines. When the ability to balance blood sugar is also expressed, kidney beans have a great place in diet nutrition.
- If you think that when kidney beans are consumed in moderation, you stay full for a longer time and work your intestines and move more; Kidney beans are one of the foods that help you lose weight.
- We recommend that you minimize the amount of salt and cook it with olive oil on the days when you will prefer red beans in your diet.
- In this way, you can get more benefits from kidney beans and progress step by step on your healthy diet.