Nutritional Value of Banana | How Many Calories in Banana?
It is important to stay away from high-calorie foods while in weight control; However, in order for the amount of calories taken to be less than the energy spent, dietary nutrition should include energy source foods that keep you full for a long time. Fruits, which are indispensable for diet lists and healthy snacks, come into play at this point.
In addition to its unique smell and soft taste, tropical banana is one of the first fruits that come to mind for a healthy and active lifestyle with its nutritional values and benefits.
How Many Calories in Banana?
How many calories can an average banana have? If you are wondering how many calories in a banana, here are the calorie values of bananas according to their size and weight:
- 1 medium-sized (170 g) banana: 131 kcal
- 1 large (190 g) banana: 146 kcal
- 1 small (90 g) banana: 69 kcal
- Half a banana (80 g) banana: 61 kcal
Banana Nutrition Facts Chart
Consisting of 74% water and rich in folic acid, magnesium and fiber, the long-term satiating feature of bananas prevents the consumption of harmful snacks during dieting, as well as provides the energy needed for sports and different activities.
Nutritional value chart of an average-sized banana
How Many Calories in Banana Milk?
- If you want to reduce the calorie value of banana milk, which is originally prepared with banana, sugar and whole milk, you can use only 2 medium bananas with semi-skimmed milk.
- The calorie value of 1 glass of homemade milk with low-fat milk, which you can prepare without using sugar, is 173 kcal.
- It is a very pleasant way to use the vitamins of banana and milk together, which you can consume with pleasure in your diet snacks.
- The calorie value of 200 ml can of banana milk is 134 kcal.
How Many Calories in Banana Yogurt?
- Of course, fruit yogurts are a healthy option for diet snacks to suppress hunger.
- Instead of consuming yogurt or banana alone, you can consume both by combining them.
- An average bowl of banana yogurt calories is 119 kcal.
- The probiotics in the yogurt will make your intestines work, and the banana will give you energy.
- In this way, you can be very active during the day with a lively metabolism.
- You can also add different ingredients to the banana yogurt to crown its taste.
- Dried fruits or nuts, flaxseed or chia seeds may be the foods you can choose at this stage.
- We recommend that the yogurt you use be low-fat or home-made healthy yogurt.
Does Banana Make You Gain Weight? Can You Eat Bananas on a Diet?
- It is certain that banana is a fruit with high calorie and sugar value.
- However, tryptophan in its content is a very active amino acid in the formation of serotonin and its transport to cells.
- In this way, the hormone of happiness suppresses the body’s sense of hunger and the instinct of eating and snacking.
- It also provides strength for sports and physical activities as a supplement to diet nutrition programs with its energy amount and long-term satiety feature.
- In other words, if you are hungry between two meals, if your hand shifts to harmful snacks or junk foods with high fat-sugar-salt ratio, there is no harm in consuming bananas in moderate amounts.
- Another point to be considered is that bananas are not consumed regularly during the diet and are preferred during the daytime when they are active during the day.
- As a definite answer to the question, the amount and time of consumption of the banana is an important detail in the weight control process.
- If you consume it in moderation and correctly, banana will not make you gain weight, on the contrary, it will contribute to your digestive and excretory system.
- In addition to its calorie and nutritional values, banana is a fruit that you may want to consume regularly.
Why Should You Consume More Bananas?
- Banana against depression! As a miraculous effect, the banana is an anti-depressant fruit that can cope with situations such as stress, unhappiness and anxiety disorders, such that the tryptophan in its content is converted into serotonin and secretes the hormone of happiness in abundance. In addition, the content of B vitamins calms the nerves, you become like cotton.
- Eat banana, learn easily 😉 As a full source of potassium, it activates mental development and accelerates the learning and application process. It also helps to balance blood pressure as a requirement of potassium.
- Who is constipation, we do not know! Its bowel-acting effect is perfect for those who have a problem with the excretory system. In other words, if you eat bananas, you will not have constipation problems and say goodbye to swelling. You can safely consume bananas for the health of the digestive and excretory system.
- Do you have burning – souring in your stomach? Banana provides a relaxing effect against excess acid in the stomach with its antacid effect, neutralizes burning and pain. If you have a hangover, if morning sickness during pregnancy is making your daily life difficult, grab a banana and eat it and leave the rest to it.
- Long-lasting feeling of fullness: You may be thinking how many calories in 1 banana; However, during diet snacks or when you feel hungry during the day, bananas will keep you full for a long time as a high energy and fiber source.
- Skin and hair care: Thanks to potassium and fatty acids, it nourishes the scalp. Thus, you prevent fractures and increase your hair growth rate. In addition, banana masks have a healing effect as a result of regular application of darkening such as skin spots and sun spots. It prevents wrinkles and sagging by nourishing the tissues under the skin.
- Active sexual life: Since the enzyme called bromelain in its content increases libido, it provides a sexual power-enhancing effect. In this way, it gives mutual energy for men and women during intercourse.
How to Make a Banana Diet?
1) 4 Kilos in 4 Days with the Japanese Banana Diet
Today, healthy life and diet types that emerge every day are very popular. The banana diet, which can be a fast and effective alternative for those who want to lose weight, was developed by a Japanese pharmacist in 2008. The energy amount of the banana, which gives a feeling of satiety for a long time compared to many other fruits, was the main factor in the emergence of this diet.
So, what should be considered when making a banana diet?
- Drinking plenty of warm water at room temperature during the banana diet is very important for your metabolic rate and energy-burning potential to be active.
- Having regular sleep hours and at least eight hours of sleep will help this diet to show its effects quickly.
- You should also pay attention to dinner times. You should be careful not to eat anything after eight o’clock, if you feel very hungry, you can choose small portions of fruits with high water content.
- Alcohol and high caffeine are also not recommended during this diet process.
Banana Diet List:
- Morning: As many bananas as you want, with warm water
- Lunch: A low-calorie portion of seasonal vegetables and olive oil if possible
- Snack: Nuts or dried fruit
- Evening: Eat a low-calorie, protein-containing serving. Preferably low-fat grilled meat and boiled vegetables (to be eaten before eight in the evening)
You should follow the diet list for four days and increase your physical activities.
2) 3 Kilos in 3 Days with Banana Milk Diet
Banana, which is a high fiber and potassium source, is a fruit that can be included in diet lists, contrary to the general perception. The energy it provides is a very healthy opportunity for those who support their diet programs with sports. The banana milk diet is a type of diet that is based on banana consumption and helps to lose weight in a short time.
Dr. This diet, edited by George Harrop, produces fast results; however, it should not be applied for more than three days.
Banana Milk Diet List:
- Morning: 1 medium banana with 1 glass of milk. Your milk may be semi-skimmed or lactose-free.
- Snack: 1 medium banana and 1 glass of green tea
- Lunch: 1 medium banana and 1 glass of milk
- Dinner: 1 medium banana and 1 glass of milk
- Snack: 1 medium banana and 1 glass of milk with turmeric, ginger and cinnamon added (it will speed up your metabolism)
You can follow this diet list for three years and support your weight loss process with your physical activities.
It will be most beneficial for your health if you do not follow the diet lists without consulting your nutritionist.