How to Eat and Consume Avocado? 9 Best Ideas
Avocados are one of those amazing fruits known for a host of health benefits. It can be added to many dishes and adds extra flavor to the dishes. Well, do you know how to eat avocado best?
If you don’t know, no need to worry! We have searched for the answers to the questions of how to eat avocado and what is the easiest way to eat it to add to your breakfast menus. Here are the details on how avocados should be eaten…
What is Avocado?
- Avocado with green peel has a large seed and the parts to be eaten have a color close to white.
- This fruit needs to mature in order for its flavor to emerge.
- Avocado is grown as a fruit and the most important factor in its cultivation is climate characteristics.
- Avocado fruit, which is one of the fruits used in the cosmetics and pharmaceutical industry as well as being used in meals, can also be used as a vegetable.
- One of the biggest features of avocado is that while oils are usually extracted from the seeds in other fruits, it can be extracted from the fruit like olive oil in avocados.
- Avocado price varies according to the season.
- Prices drop considerably during harvest times when the fruit is plentiful.
How to Eat Avocado
- Avocado is a pear-shaped fruit with a large seed in the middle.
- In order for this fruit to be fully appreciated, it must be ripe.
- For this reason, it would be appropriate to choose softer and darker avocados when purchasing.
- However, since the ones that are too soft can also deteriorate and rot, it is the best practice to take it in a slightly hard form and wait for it to soften.
- Avocado can be consumed by dividing it in half and removing the seed, then separating it from the peel with the help of a spoon.
- Another method of eating can be in the form of slicing after peeling the shell with the help of a knife.
- Avocado fruit can be eaten alone or used to add flavor to different dishes.
- Especially avocado salad is one of the preferred recipes for this fruit.
So, How to Eat Avocado Best? 9 Yummy Ideas
1) Practical and Nutritious: Avocado Salad
- Since it is a fruit with a high amount of antioxidants, you need to consume avocados frequently for your health.
- You can consume avocado, known as the fruit of abundance in the Aztecs, by putting it in salads.
- There are many recipes that you can prepare quickly with this fruit, which makes everything it goes into beautiful. But if you are looking for a healthy and nutritious recipe, the salad is for you!
2) Effective in Weight Loss: Almond Milk with Avocado
- Mix avocado, which has numerous benefits for your body, with almond milk, which is effective for weight loss.
- This drink, which is a source of healing, allows you to start the day fit and energetic, especially when you consume it at breakfast.
- This recipe is suitable for vegans, athletes, and dieters. It is among the most effective detox drinks.
3) Very Easy to Prepare: Cold Avocado Soup
- You can prepare a soup that is beneficial for health and easy to prepare. It is good for heart, eye, and cancer diseases.
- You can quickly make this soup cold. It also helps you lose weight by keeping it full.
- You can easily consume this soup, which has the benefits of avocado, at every meal.
4) Different and Hearty: Hummus with Avocado
- If you’re wondering how to eat a hard avocado or how to eat an unripe avocado, first soften the avocado in the microwave for two minutes on the highest setting.
- So he can prepare hummus from avocado. You can add joy to your tables. Moreover, you can prepare a very filling and nutritionally rich appetizer.
- Especially those who do sports and those who are on a diet can add flavor to their meals by making a salad next to this appetizer.
5) Black Avocado Breakfast Spread
- If you say how to eat black avocado, you can consume it as a paste for breakfast. The difference of black avocado compared to other avocados; It is softer and has a higher oil content.
- You can also use it in various dishes such as pasta by making its paste.
- A mash recipe that you can prepare both in a healthy and practical way can accompany your every meal.
6) Potassium Depot: Avocado Honey Pudding
- If you’re wondering how to eat avocado with honey, this pudding is for you! You can create a potassium store by adding honey and avocado to the pudding.
- Moreover, it has a number of health benefits thanks to the fatty acids in it. You can use it practically in every dessert and prepare delicious flavors.
- With this pudding, you will meet your sweet needs and prevent various diseases.
7) Rich in Protein, Filling: Avocado Sandwich
- A healthy avocado sandwich will suit your snacks very well. It regulates fat, protein, and carbohydrate metabolism in your body.
- Although all kinds of flavors with avocado are perfect, you will especially love its harmony with sandwiches.
- This sandwich, which you can consume as a pleasant snack for breakfast, is also very practical to make.
8) Will Add Joy to Breakfast Tables: Avocado Sofa
- If you are thinking about what to prepare for breakfast, you can prepare colorful avocado canapes.
- You can also have a more regular metabolism with these avocado canapes.
- Dieters can easily add avocado recipes to their diet list. Avocado is a food that keeps you full thanks to its satiating feature.
9) Practical and Delicious Vegan Avocado Mousse
- You can prepare a candidate mousse to come to the aid of crisis moments and vegan vegetarians.
- Moreover, it will be the joy of your tables as it is practical and delicious. You can pamper yourself with a delicious dessert by adding avocado to this wonderful mousse recipe.
- After resting for a while in the refrigerator, it will provide that soft foamy consistency you want to serve.
What Are the Benefits of Avocado?
Avocado benefits are as follows:
- It has a strengthening effect on the immune system.
- It is good for constipation.
- Unsaturated fatty acids in its content prevent the rise of cholesterol in the blood.
- It is one of the natural remedies used in cardiovascular diseases.
- Delays the effects of aging by eliminating toxic substances in the body.
- Thanks to the vitamins and minerals it contains, it is effective in meeting the daily vitamin and mineral needs of both pregnant women and children.
- It helps in maintaining the body’s carbohydrate, fat and protein balance.
- It provides weight control as it creates a feeling of satiety.
- It contains ‘lutein and zeaxanthin’ substances necessary for eye health.
- It reduces the risk of depression because it contains folic acid.
- It gives vitality and shines to the skin and hair with external applications.
How is an avocado ripened?
- Avocado is one of the fruits that are sold as hard before ripening due to storage conditions.
- After purchasing, it becomes soft and edible in a period of about a week.
- The most common method used to soften avocados is generally to store them with other fruits.
- The best method to soften avocados is to store them in an opaque brown paper bag with fruits that release ethylene (a kind of gas released when the fruit is plucked from the branch), such as apples or bananas.
- With this method, an unripe avocado will become ripe within 2 days at the latest.
How to Store Avocado?
- Storing avocados in the refrigerator will cause them to dry out in a short time.
- The ideal environment for storing a whole uncut avocado is at room temperature.
- However, cut avocados should be wrapped in cling film and stored in the refrigerator.
What are Avocado Calories and Nutritional Value?
Avocado is one of the fruits with high-fat content besides its many benefits. Therefore, its calories are higher than other fruits.
- There are approximately 143 calories in 100 grams of avocado.
Nutritional values of 100 grams of avocado:
- 4.36 g carbohydrates
- 9.7 grams of fiber
- 0.61 grams of protein
- 7 grams of sodium
- 370 grams of potassium
- 10 grams of calcium
- 8.5 grams of vitamin C
- 12 grams of vitamin A
- There is 0.14 grams of iron.
Avocados, which contain vitamins A, C, and E, also have an antioxidant effect. It is important to pay attention to the portion in the use of avocado, which is considered one of the healthy fruits.
Does Avocado Lose Weight?
- Does avocado make you lose weight? When asked, the answer to this is not clear.
- This situation is directly proportional to how the fruit is used and the amount of consumption.
- Avocado, which helps to lose weight in some cases, can cause weight gain in some cases.
- It is beneficial to consult your doctor before a diet with avocado.
- Some of the known properties of avocado help to lose weight.
- To list these features, it can be said that factors such as the fruit accelerates metabolism, helps bowel movements with its fibrous structure, and unsaturated fatty acids keep the body warm.
- However, avocado, which is an energy store, will provide weight loss if used to protect energy in the event of sports.
- Otherwise, this fruit, which is high in calories, can cause you to gain weight.
- Avocados contain high fat, high protein, and high calories.
- If consumed in small amounts, it will help to eliminate vitamin deficiencies that occur during the diet, as well as provide a feeling of satiety.
Avocado Oil and its Benefits and Uses
Avocado oil is a type of oil extracted from the avocado fruit. Avocado fruit has a rather oily texture. However, since this oil contains unsaturated fatty acids, it is very beneficial for the body. Avocado oil contains vitamins A, C and E as well as many minerals. The fruit has a wide range of important compounds.
- Avocado oil, which has a concentration of unsaturated fat, is beneficial for gums with its vitamin E content. It can be used for the treatment and prevention of periodontal diseases by reducing gingivitis. Many of the products sold as mouthwash contain avocado oil.
- An article published in the Journal of the American College of Nutrition states that avocado oil is at least as beneficial for cardiovascular health as olive oil.
- In the same study, it is stated that avocado oil has the feature of increasing good cholesterol and lowering bad cholesterol.
- It is rich in vitamin E, which helps to heal skin cuts and inflammations quickly.
- Avocado oil, which has natural protection against the sun, is also used for the recovery of the skin after the sun.
- Another area where avocado oil is beneficial for the skin is reducing age spots and removing wrinkles.
- Avocado oil containing lecithin, which is the protective substance of hair follicles, protects hair and skin from polluted weather conditions.
- Avocado oil is obtained from the fruit by cold pressing and refining method. It can be used for eyelashes, hair and skincare.
- It is an ideal product for chapped and dry skin. Avocado oil can be applied to the scalp and skin by massaging.
- The avocado mask can be applied to the skin before bathing and left for a while, or it can be applied before going to bed at night and left until the morning. This oil has therapeutic, cell regenerative and repairing properties.
6 Delicious Avocado Recipes: Practical, Healthy!
Avocado is mostly used as a salad in meals. It is used in various forms in salads. It can be used in the form of a paste, or it can be put into salads in sliced form. Salads have an important place among the foods that suit avocados.
1) Whether for Breakfast or as a Starter: Avocado Mash
This paste, which has a very simple cooking technique, is perfect for adding flavor to the dishes. Avocado paste, which can be prepared in minutes, becomes very tasty, especially with garlic and lemon.
2) It Will Add Freshness to Your Tables: Avocado Salad Appetizer
This appetizer, which is very simple to prepare, can be served especially with meat dishes. The appetizer, which is combined with olive oil and garlic, which offers a pleasant taste, is one of the ideal treats. You can make the avocado appetizer, which can be prepared in minutes, with simple ingredients that you can add according to your taste.
3) Vitamin In The Peel: Avocado Salad
The most important element in the making of this salad is the use of the peel of the avocado. Avocado salad, which is very easy to make, has a nice presentation. Salad, which impresses with its taste and presentation, is one of the ideal snacks for guests.
4) Refreshing Meeting of Yogurt and Avocado: Avocado Sauce with Yoghurt
You can serve this sauce, which is very easy to make, alongside meat dishes and fried foods. The sauce using yogurt, which goes well with avocado, adds a different flavor to the dishes. You can prepare the sauce in a short time, which is suitable for those who want to try a different taste. You will get a very fresh and pleasant taste.
5) For Those Who Love Spicy: Acikado (Spicy Avocado Sauce)
One of the different flavors, aikido is one of the easy-to-make sauces. You can use this sauce, the main ingredient of which is avocado, with meat dishes and fried foods. You can also consume the sauce, which leaves a pleasant taste with its slightly bitter taste, with lavash bread.
6) An Unusual Taste: Avocado Milkshake
Avocado milkshake, for which you will only need a blender, has a different flavor. You will have a very light and refreshing drink with the ice cream to be added as well as milk, banana and avocado.
Where Does Avocado Grow?
- Avocado plants can be grown in regions with mild weather conditions.
- In regions with sudden frosts, the avocado tree sheds its fruits.
- It is recommended to be planted in garden facilities and in areas with a south inclination where the tree receives the right airflow in frost regions.
- The humidity factor is also very important in growing avocado.
- In the months when the relative humidity falls below 50%, serious fruit losses are experienced.
- The homeland of avocado is Mexico.
- It is also produced in countries such as Guatemala and South America.
- 70% of avocado production in Turkey is made in Alanya.
- Other avocado growing areas in Turkey; The center of Antalya is Mersin, some parts of Anamur and Gazipaşa.