Recipe for all kinds of tender beef
Beef can be used to prepare many delicious dishes that are both suitable for the taste of many people and very nutritious. However, if you do not know how to cook, the beef will be very tough, making the dish lose its taste.
Here are some pocket tricks for women who love beef.
Fresh beef should be bright red and small in size.
To choose good beef, first, you need to pay attention to the color of the meat. Accordingly, fresh beef will be bright red, instead of pale green or dark red. If you see a pale green color with small white grains like rice, it means that the cow has a fluke, which is very dangerous if eaten. If it is dark red meat when touching it feels mushy, the fat is dark yellow, then it is old beef or has been stored for a long time. If buffalo meat, the meat color is also dark red, but the fat is white and has a characteristic odor, unlike beef with dark yellow fat, hard to the touch.
Next, you should observe the grain of the meat. Delicious pieces of meat often have small fibers, fewer veins, so the meat will be softer at the processing stage. When pressed, it is not sticky, does not have a bad smell, you can tell it is delicious meat.
Usually, the best beef is heifers, followed by cows and then bulls.
Methods of preservation:
If you are not in a hurry to cook immediately, put the meat in the refrigerator in the condition of leaving the pieces unwashed and wrapped in several layers. The reason to avoid water is that the water will make the meat mushy when defrosting and lose the natural sweetness of the beef.
To remove the smell of beef without losing its own flavor, you should use crushed roasted ginger after removing the burnt outer layer to rub on the meat. Then rinse with water.
– Thai method:
Wrap the meat in an airtight bag and put it in the freezer for about 20 minutes to cook the meat. Then slice. This way, the beef is both thin and not crushed, the meat will be very beautiful.
When slicing meat, if it is a beef tendon, you should first cut the tendon and then follow the cross-grain of the beef. If cut along the grain, the beef will be very tough.
How to marinate spices
Add cooking oil to marinate the beef to make the meat more tender when processing.
Depending on the different beef dishes, you will give the appropriate seasoning. But the general rule is that after marinating, you slowly add about 2 to 3 tablespoons of cooking oil, mix well, continue to wait for about 20 minutes. This way, the meat will absorb the spices evenly and the meat will also be softer. Note, with beef, do not add too much fish sauce or salt, which will cause the meat to harden and change the taste. Also do not add a lot of sugar because it will overwhelm the delicious natural sweetness of the beef.
Alternatively, you can apply the following marinade recipe for tough beef: 2 grams of sodium carbonate, 75 grams of peanut oil, 40 grams of starch, 120 grams of water, and marinated spices for about 30 minutes. Peanut oil has the effect of making the meat expand very quickly when subjected to heat, so the beef will be very tender and sweet when applied in this way.
In addition, old beef can be chopped and marinated with canola powder overnight. The next day, wash it before cooking.
How to cook tender beef bò
When cooking beef stews, you can add a little beer. This will enhance the flavor of the dish and the beef will also be softer.
Particularly beef tendon, beef, beef ribs, it usually takes a lot of time to stew. To make it shorter, you can add ¼ piece of pineapple, or an aluminum spoon or an ice cube.
Remember, when stewing beef, you should wait for the water to boil completely before adding the meat so that the meat does not lose its inherent delicious flavor and nutrients are not lost significantly.
When making stir-fried beef with vegetables, these two ingredients must be stir-fried separately before mixing.
– The general rule when stir-frying beef is to stir-fry on high heat but do not let the pan get hot. Stir-fry quickly and evenly. When the meat is cooked, it must be removed from the cooking utensils immediately so that the beef is not subjected to the additional heat effect of drying the meat.
– If stir-frying with other vegetables, stir-fry the vegetables. After the beef is cooked, mix the ingredients and turn off the stove immediately.
– If you buy tough beef, remember to add oil in the seasoning stage. When cooking, add chopped fragrant pieces and stir-fry together. Remember not to cook for too long as the aroma can cause the meat to crumble.
– In addition, the way of soaking sodium carbonate as above also works to soften beef for stir-fry. On the other hand, you can smash the green papaya leaves, put the meat pack in it and place it near the fire. When fried, bring it out and slice it thinly.
Treat with aged beef
Adding a little white wine or vinegar when cooking old beef can make the meat fresh again and the dish will taste better.
If you buy old beef, you should know how to cook so that you don’t miss the family’s meal.
– Rub a layer of mustard evenly around the meat for about 6 to 8 hours. Before cooking, it should be rinsed with cold water.
– While stewing, you add a little white wine or vinegar depending on the dish. However, you must also pay attention to the correct formula: 1 kg of meat + 2 teaspoons of wine (if vinegar, give 1 tablespoon). This way will make the meat softer, not dry, but the meat quality is also preserved.
– Alternatively, you can wrap some tea in a clean towel, tie it tightly, and put it in the stew pot.
– Finally, remember to follow the general rule of beef stewing is to wait for the water to boil completely before adding the meat.
Wish you success with all delicious and nutritious beef dishes!