How Many Calories in Lentil Meatballs? Nutrition Value of Lentil Meatballs
Lentil meatballs is one of the delicious foods of Turkish cuisine. Although it takes some time to make, it amazes those who taste it. Lentil meatballs, which are obtained by blending lentils and fine bulgur through delicious hands, are made even more delicious with plenty of lemon and fresh greens.
It is frequently consumed in Turkey, especially at day tables, tea parties and weekend getaways. In the southern provinces and in many other ways, lentil meatballs take place on the tables. Although it contains intense legumes, it makes dieters think a little; Experts also have a suggestion in this regard. A slight variation can be made in the amount of calories with the type of bulgur used. Lentil meatballs can also be prepared with yellow bulgur and brown bulgur.
Now, through this article, you can reach the calorie values of lentil meatballs and diet lentil meatball recipes that are prepared easily. Also, if you can’t keep the consistency while making lentil meatballs, you can prepare delicious lentil meatballs with tricks. You are very close to all the wonders!
Lentil Meatballs Calories
Lentil meatballs, which are rich in vitamins A and B, are enjoyed by many people. Sometimes, you may not be satisfied with one portion and get the second serving. In such cases, you need to remember the calories contained in lentil patties. Let’s examine these values together. How many calories are in lentil patties?
- 1 lentil patty: 39 calories
- 5 lentil patties: 194 calories
- 100 grams of lentil patties: 130 calories
- 1 serving of lentil patties: 291 calories
The size of the meatballs is very important when calculating the calories of lentil meatballs. In the calorie calculation given here, each lentil patty is calculated as 30 grams. There are approximately 7-8 meatballs in one portion of lentil meatballs.
Nutritional Value of Lentil Meatballs
Lentil meatballs, which announce its taste to the whole world, are also very rich in terms of calories and nutritional value. When you eat 1 serving of lentil patties during the day, the vitamins and minerals you will get can be expressed as follows:
- 38.1 grams of carbohydrates
- 9.07 grams of protein
- 10.23 grams of fat
- 10.21 grams of fiber
- 26.15 mg sodium
- 489.36 mg potassium
- 60.29 mg calcium
- 210.99 iu of vitamin A
- 22.5mg of vitamin C
- 4.21 grams of iron
Does Lentil Meatballs Make Weight Loss or Eaten on a Diet?
You can eat lentil meatballs by going beyond the usual rules in a healthy diet. Do not think that you can eat a whole plateful of this expression. Because 2 lentil patties have the same calories as 1 slice of bread and 1 teaspoon of oil. You may need to compromise on other foods at certain meals. If you ask whether it is suitable for diet nutrition, we can express the opinions of nutritionists against lentil meatballs as follows:
- If it is recommended to eat 4 pieces of meat in your diet list, you can make this meat change with 4 pieces of lentil meatballs during the day. You can also consume lentil meatballs during the diet process by simply changing the meal.
- Lentil meatballs are a food that does not contain animal fat. The oil rate is also very low. Therefore, it can be recommended in diet lists. Of course, portion control must not be forgotten.
- While serving lentil meatballs, it is usually prepared with lots of lemon and vegetables such as lettuce. These greens facilitate the digestion of lentil meatballs. In particular, lemon makes the intestines more active.
- In addition, being rich in B vitamins, lentil meatballs support being a useful food. You can consume lentil meatballs in moderation while losing weight.
Tips for Lentil Meatballs – 7 Golden Tips
You can check out our list of lentil meatball tips to prepare the most delicious and full-flavoured lentil meatballs. Get ready for a lentil meatball feast with these tips!
- Red lentils are a must in the list of lentil meatball ingredients. You should pay attention to the fact that the red lentils are boiled very well during the production process. Raw lentils can affect its consistency when it meets with bulgur later.
- Boiled red lentils should be blended well with bulgur. Bulgur and lentils can be brewed and the next stage can be passed. If you add spices according to your taste during brewing, the taste will be more delicious.
- On the other hand, it is appropriate to chop the onion you need to use very small. When shaping the lentil meatballs, the small onion will make your job easier. We also cannot recommend adding onions raw. After the onion has undergone some roasting process, it may leave its flavor to the meatballs.
- It is recommended that vegetables such as lettuce or parsley that you want to be included in the lentil meatballs should be chopped very finely, such as onions. Larger vegetables do not give a pleasant appearance and may cause difficulties in giving the shape of meatballs.
- Before mixing all the ingredients, you should wait for the temperature of the lentils and bulgur to pass. It will be difficult to shape with very hot material. It can be kept on the kitchen counter to allow the temperature to pass.
- If you’re preparing the lentil meatballs for a special occasion, in some cases you can make them ahead of time. On days like these, you may wonder if lentil meatballs can be made the day before. If it will not wait too long, it can be prepared for the next day by keeping the mouth closed with cling film. Covering the storage container prevents the lentil patties from drying out.
- If the lentil patties you have prepared are runny, you can cook the ingredients for a short time in a Teflon pan. Thus, the steam that causes it to be runny will evaporate. After cooking, you must wait for it to cool down. It will thicken better. You can also use tiny cake molds or an ice cream scoop for serving lentil patties.