How Many Calories in Cacik?
Cacik is the delicious presentation of cucumber, which meets with yogurt today. Cacik is a food that is consumed cold. Its history goes back to ancient times. There are several statements about cacık in Evliya Çelebi’s book Seyahatname. Cacik, which is mentioned as a herb added to the meal, has been a guest on the tables as a snack after historical and cultural changes.
In 1876, Ahmet Vefik Pasha, in his work called Lügat-i Osmani, mentioned that cacık is a herb salad made with yogurt. Nowadays, it is made with cucumber and cold yogurt. In some regions, herbs are also added. It is known as a flavor that will refresh you in the summer heat and at iftar tables.
In this article, where we examined the calorie information of tzatziki, which is loved by many, we did not neglect to mention the benefits of cacik. The benefits of yogurt for human health are presented to you this time with cacık. Our article is with you to get an answer to the question of how many calories in tzatziki.
How Many Calories in Cacik?
Cacik has the effect of activating the metabolism. It gives a feeling of fullness even when consumed in a bowl. If you calculate how many calories in 1 bowl of tzatziki, you can see that there are 62 calories. Also:
- 1 scoop of tzatziki 41 calories
- A large bowl of tzatziki 128 calories
- 75 grams serving tzatziki 31 calories
- A 200 gram portion of tzatziki is 83 calories.
The low-fat yogurt used in making cacık helps to reduce the calorie content of the cacık. In this way, “Can you eat tzatziki while on a diet?” If you think that, you can consume cacık made with light yogurt with peace of mind.
How Many Calories in Fat Cacik?
While tzatziki is consumed without oil in diet nutrition, it is consumed by adding oil on other days. Added fat will slightly change its calories. When you want to consume fatty tzatziki, the calorie values will be as follows:
- 30 calories per 50 gram serving
- 89 calories in a small bowl of tzatziki
- 122 calories in a medium portion of tzatziki
- A large portion of tzatziki contains 149 calories.
- When you consume 100 grams of tzatziki, you can get 60 calories.
How Many Calories in Cucumber With Purslane?
Purslane, which is one of the nutritious and healthy vegetables, is preferred as a tzatziki ingredient in some regions. Cacik has a different aroma with purslane. It activates the intestines. We will express the calorie information of purslane tzatziki as follows:
- 1 tablespoon of purslane tzatziki to 9 calories
- Medium portion of purslane tzatziki to 103 calories
- 100 grams of purslane tzatziki has 57 calories.
Cacik Nutritional Value
We have examined the nutritional value of tzatziki, which is a refreshing taste, for you. Cacik is a healthy food that contains calcium, phosphorus and many vitamins. Here are the nutritional values when you consume a medium bowl of tzatziki:
- 9.76 grams of carbohydrates
- 6.31 grams of protein
- 6.58 grams of fat
- 0.74 grams of fiber
- 23.17 mg of cholesterol
- 841.8 mg sodium
- 413.94 mg potassium
- 239.07 mg calcium
- 120.84 iu of vitamin A
- 9.68mg of vitamin C
- It contains 2.17 iron.
What are the Benefits of Cacik?
Cacik flavors the tables with the combination of beneficial foods for health. It is made with cucumber, yogurt, garlic, various herbs. As such, tzatziki has miraculous benefits for human health. Cacik, which is a healing food of Anatolian cuisine, is a complete health store. Here are the benefits of tzatziki:
- Consumed with main courses, tzatziki comes across as digestive friendly. It makes digestion easier and prevents indigestion.
- It is also suitable for diet nutrition as it is a food with high fiber and low calories. It can be easily consumed in snacks and main meals.
- If you are having trouble sleeping, you can consume tzatziki for dinner and prepare for a more comfortable sleep. Because tzatziki supports the secretion of hormones necessary for sleep.
- Cacik is one of the antioxidant foods. It purifies and cleanses the body. It activates the intestines and ensures the removal of harmful substances.
- Consumed with garlic, tzatziki reveals its antibiotic effect and fights the microbe that settles in the body. You can find healing with garlic tzatziki on your infection days.
- Cacik is a watery food. Thus, it meets the amount of water lost during the day and supports the work of the intestines.
- Cacik made with cucumber is a storehouse of B vitamins. Thus, it lowers cholesterol.
- Cacik prepared with homemade yogurt is the most natural probiotic. In this way, it prevents intestinal problems.
How is the Cacik Diet Made? Diet list
Those who want to lose weight, those who are in weight control and those who want to regulate the digestive system do the tzatziki detox. It is a fact that weight loss is easier with cacık. It is recommended that you take a break from bread consumption during the diet and be a little more active. If the list is followed, you can lose excess weight. The tzatziki diet list you need to follow for this purpose is as follows:
- Breakfast: A slice of feta cheese. Lots of tomatoes and cucumbers. A tablespoon of olives. A slice of wholemeal bread. Unsweetened tea.
- Lunch: A bowl of unsalted soup. 180 grams of fish or chicken. Salad prepared with a teaspoon of olive oil. A bowl of tzatziki. A slice of wholemeal bread.
- Snack: A slice of cheese and 3 rusks.
- Dinner: A bowl of soup. A plate of vegetables. A bowl of tzatziki. A slice of wholemeal bread. A bowl of salad.
- Before sleep: One seasonal fruit.
You can accelerate the weight loss process by removing the edema accumulated in your body with the cacık detox meals given.