How Many Calories in Boiled Potatoes? Nutritional Value of Boiled Potatoes
Potato, which is an 8,000-year-old food source, is a root vegetable originating from America. The vegetable, which was a divine food for the Inca civilization, was not appreciated when it was first discovered and presented to the King of Spain in the 1500s, contrary to its current reputation. In fact, it was given as fodder to animals for a long time and was consumed only by the rural people living in the countryside.
On the other hand, the potato, which persevered for nearly two centuries in order to have the value it deserves, saved Northern Europe, which was faced with famine in the 1770s, from starvation, as mentioned in the relevant article by historian William H. McNeil. Thereupon, scientific studies on the benefits of potatoes accelerated, and the beneficial effects of potatoes gradually spread among the bourgeois class.
Potatoes, which are widely consumed today, especially with the fries of fast food chains, and which are easily accessible at economical prices, are not a vegetable that makes you gain weight or make you fat. It is one of the foods with the highest vitamin C content after tomatoes and oranges. It is obvious that it is also a solid source of zinc, folic acid and fiber; It also does not contain oil. The healthiest way to consume potatoes is undoubtedly boiled. Boiled potato is good for diarrhea, effective in stomach problems, regulates bowel movements.
So, how many calories in boiled potatoes? Do boiled potatoes make you gain weight? How can it be eaten on a diet? Boiled potato calorie values, weight loss effect and all the questions are answered for you in this article!
How Many Calories in Boiled Potatoes?
Although the starch content is high, the potato does not contain oil. The healthiest way of cooking is boiling. If you are craving potatoes while on a diet and are looking for a way to do it, boiled potatoes will be the ideal choice; you just have to wait for it to cool down for a while. It also contains essential minerals for the body such as iron, folic acid, fiber and potassium.
So, how many calories in a boiled potato? The calorie values of boiled potatoes are as follows according to their weight and portions:
- How many calories in 1 boiled potato? How many calories in 100 grams of boiled potatoes? 1 small portion (100 g) 1 boiled potato calorie value 93 kcal
- 1 medium portion (200 g) of boiled potatoes 183 kcal
- 1 large serving (300 g) of boiled potatoes 279 kcal
You can prepare a diet meal by adding any spice you want to potatoes boiled with very little oil and salt. This recipe, which is ready in minutes, will not distract you at all. Click the link for details.
How Many Calories in Boiled Potato Salad?
One of the indispensable salads of the day tables, the spicy boiled potato salad with plenty of lemon, prepared with onions and greens, can actually be turned into a diet salad with a few minor changes in its content. You can boil the potatoes without oil and salt and cut them into small pieces, after resting for a while, you can prepare a delicious salad with plenty of lemon, greens and the spices you desire. Since it is a root vegetable with a high starch content, it is of course beneficial to consume it in moderate amounts.
So, how many calories in boiled potato salad? Let’s examine it together:
- 1 medium serving (187 g) of boiled potato salad 132 kcal
- 1 medium bowl (150 g) boiled potato salad 106 kcal
- 1 full plate (300 g) of boiled potato salad 212 kcal
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) of boiled potato salad 11 kcal
- 100 grams of boiled potato salad 71 kcal
A potato salad recipe that can be enough for 4-6 people. If you are looking for a sweet potato salad that will get full marks from your guests, it is at your fingertips! You can serve this salad, which is blended with potatoes, lots of greens and spices, with a boiled egg if you wish.
How Many Calories in Roasted Boiled Potatoes?
The calorie amount of roasted boiled potatoes varies according to the material from which the roast is prepared. You can cook mashed potatoes with tomato paste, only with eggs, mushrooms or with spices and onions. If you prefer diet mashed potatoes, you can only prepare it with egg whites, lean boiled potatoes, greens and tomato sauce.
How many calories in Roasted Potatoes? Here are the calorie values of boiled roasted potatoes according to their types:
- 1 portion of boiled potatoes 170 kcal
- 1 portion of boiled potatoes with egg 131 kcal
- 1 portion of boiled potatoes with mushrooms 135 kcal
- 1 portion of boiled potatoes with tomato paste 254 kcal
Prepared with onion, boiled potatoes, spice blend and green pepper, this recipe is delicious! All the making stages of roasted potatoes, which will open your appetite even when they are roasted, were photographed. Click for amazing results, don’t miss it 😉
Boiled Potato Nutrition Value
Although boiled potatoes get most of their nutritional value from carbohydrates, they are among the foods that can be preferred in the diet. It is possible to increase both its taste and satiety with a tablespoon of olive oil that you can drizzle on it. By using olive oil, your body will not be deprived of the beneficial fatty acids it needs.
Nutritional values of 1 small portion of 100 grams of boiled potatoes;
- 21.55 g carbohydrates
- 1.96g of protein
- 1.5 g fiber
- 5mg sodium
- 391 mg of potassium
- 5mg calcium
- 12.8mg of vitamin C
- It also contains 0.35 percent iron.
Does Boiled Potatoes Make You Gain Weight? Can it be eaten on a diet?
- Boiled potatoes are a low-calorie alternative. But how? You can boil the potatoes without oil and add salt and eat them after resting in the fridge without cutting them into very small pieces.
- In this way, you can be sure that you will benefit from the vitamin and mineral values of the potato at the maximum level and you will fill your stomach in a low-calorie way.
- Along with plenty of fresh greens, boiled potato salad without oil and with plenty of lemon also provides a pleasant and delicious diet meal.
- As a matter of fact, boiled potatoes are also very rich in nutritional values. Potato, which contains more vitamin C than apples and pears, ranks third in the vitamin lane after tomatoes and oranges.
- Although it is a starchy vegetable, it can be added to diet menus as a satiating option thanks to its fat-free and high fiber content.
- When do boiled potatoes make you gain weight? Of course, we cannot be as optimistic as we have just mentioned, if you boil the potatoes with oil and then mash them and make a puree by enriching them with ingredients such as milk, butter or cheese.
- The important thing is to consume the potato without any oil without destroying its nutritional values. In this way, you will not harm your diet and you will have a meal rich in vitamins.
How to Make a Boiled Potato Diet? Diet list
It is possible to lose weight and stay in shape with boiled potatoes! How Does? We have a probiotic effective diet list, mainly yogurt and boiled potatoes. The 3-day shock-effective boiled potato diet list is as follows:
- Morning: 1 boiled potato, 4 tablespoons of yogurt
- Lunch: 1 boiled potato, 4 tablespoons of yogurt
- Dinner: 8 tablespoons of yogurt
- Morning: 4 tablespoons of yogurt
- Lunch: 1 boiled potato, 3 tablespoons of yogurt
- Dinner: 1 boiled potato, 8 tablespoons of yogurt
- Morning: 1 boiled potato
- Lunch: 1 boiled potato, 3 tablespoons of yogurt
- Evening: 4 tablespoons of yogurt
During the diet, you should take care not to use oil and salt while boiling the potatoes, and if possible, the yogurt you consume should be homemade or low-fat yogurt. The diet list is for 3 days; It should be supported with plenty of water consumption and regular sports programs. We kindly ask you to get expert opinion before dieting.