How Many Calories in Cornbread? Nutritional Value of Cornbread
Cornbread is a type of bread that is frequently made and loved in the Black Sea provinces of Turkey. It has a harder structure than other breads. Instead of white flour or whole wheat flour, cornmeal is used, and the bread has a taste of cornmeal. In the villages of the Black Sea, cornbread gains its flavor by baking in stoves and special ovens.
We wanted to explain the calorie information, portion by portion, to those who are curious about the calorie information of cornbread, which is not missing from the tables in the Black Sea region. When you want to make cornbread at home, we have added tricks and delicious recipes that will make your job easier towards the end of the page, we recommend you to read the whole article!
How Many Calories in Cornbread?
When it comes to bread, those who eat healthy and those who are in the diet process think a few times. But if there is cornbread on the table, our readers from the Black Sea region can keep their thinking time very short and finish off the delicious cornbread in one bite. Besides soup, cornbread, which is a savior for breakfast, meals and when hungry, draws attention with the amount of fat it contains. A little dangerous for a low-fat diet, cornbread is also a delicious match for fish dishes.
So how many calories are in cornbread? Let’s take a look:
- How many calories in a thin slice of cornbread: 94 calories
- 1 medium slice of cornbread: 126 calories
- 1 serving of cornbread: 251 calories
- 50 grams of cornbread: 157 calories
- 100 grams of cornbread: 314 calories
- 150 grams of cornbread: 471 calories
- 200 grams of cornbread: 628 calories
Cornbread Nutrition Facts
When the nutritional value list of cornbread is examined, it is noticed that it is a type of bread rich in B vitamins. Cornbread, which meets the phosphorus and potassium needs well, should still be consumed with portion control, since the amount of fat is high.
Let’s express the nutritional values of cornbread, the vitamins and minerals in it in a table:
- 10.21 grams of Carbs
- 2.14 grams of Protein
- 4.95 grams Fat
- 0.46 grams of Fiber
- 9.9 Cholesterol
- 88.5mg Sodium
- 33.3 Potassium
- 23.7mg Calcium
- 18.9 iu of vitamin A
- 0.14 Vitamin C
- 0.32 grams of Iron
Is Cornbread Useful Or Harmful?
Those who eat healthy have to pay attention to everything they eat. In order to prevent a possible disease, he should research the substances in the foods he consumes. People who love and consume cornbread also want to clear their doubts about cornbread. Is cornbread healthy, which is a fat-containing food, has received comments from nutritionists as follows:
- Cornbread contains a lot of protein. Compared to white bread, cornbread is a better source of protein.
- The fiber required for the intestinal system is found in cornbread.
- Cornbread contains natural corn oil. When corn oil is consumed in moderation, it also gives effective results for the skin.
- You need B and E vitamins during the day. The vitamins you need to take will wait for you in 1 slice of cornbread.
- Cornbread, which is also strong in terms of magnesium, provides a better immune system.
Cornbread has benefits as well as harm. These dangerous situations are:
- It has high oil content. If you have serious cholesterol disease, it is recommended to be in moderation.
- If you want to eat carefully during the diet process, you should consume cornbread, which is high in protein and fat, in a controlled manner.
- You should not forget that you will get protein and fat from cornbread in meal changes.
Does Cornbread Make You Gain Weight or Eat It on a Diet?
- Cornbread is a strong type of bread in terms of carbohydrate value.
- It is recommended for dieters and those who do sports. Of course, in moderation.
- It also supports muscle gain as it contains protein.
- There is no harm in consuming a thin slice of cornbread for diet breakfasts or snacks; but when you go out of measure, cornbread will be reflected as a food that makes you gain weight. For this reason, it is recommended that you follow portion control when adding cornbread to your diet.
- So, does cornbread contain gluten? Those who are sensitive to gluten are wondering the answer to this question. The main ingredient of cornbread is cornmeal, and cornmeal does not contain gluten.
- Since it is a substance obtained from corn, those who are allergic to gluten can prepare and consume cornbread with cornflour.
- Some recipes add wheat flour. Those with allergies can pay attention to this detail.
5 Tips for Making Cornbread that Makes a Difference
While making cornbread, it is necessary to go to the kitchen with a Black Seaman style. You should know some details, from the quality of the cornflour you use to the temperature of the water. Here are the tricks to add flavor to the bread that should be applied while making cornbread:
- If you want the cornbread to have a crispy taste, you should prefer corn flour used for the setting.
- One of the secrets of the job is that the water you use to thicken the dough during kneading is hot.
- Bread dough prepared with warm water will not be in full consistency.
- Generally, yeast is used in breads. When preparing cornbread, you process without using yeast.
- Olive oil and butter are also added to the dough so that you can feel its taste more.
- The dough should be baked on a greased tray and the cooking temperature should be between 190 and 200 degrees. If a stove is available, cornbread will give a better result on the stove.