8 Natural Home Remedies for Food Poisoning
Bacteria in food or food poisoning caused by viruses are health problems that can cause very serious problems. Foods that cannot be cooked adequately, foods that are not cleaned and foods that are stored without complying with the correct storage conditions can cause food poisoning.
After complaints such as diarrhea, abdominal pain and vomiting, doctors state that the stomach should be rested. Fluid consumption is also very helpful in combating the negative effects of food poisoning in the body. Drinking plenty of water is very important for the body to regain the fluid lost after food poisoning. Therefore, you can increase your water consumption during this period.
Eating meals prepared in clean conditions, taking care to consume lightly oily meals and easy-to-digest foods will also help you to prevent food poisoning.
So, what is good for food poisoning and what foods should be consumed after food poisoning? Here are the recipes that are good for food poisoning…
What’s Good for Food Poisoning? 8 Natural Treatments at Home
If you think you have food poisoning, you should not try to treat it yourself at home. You should definitely seek help from an expert. After food poisoning, you can heal your thirsty and exhausted body at home by consuming healthy foods and you can recover faster.
If you are wondering what to eat in food poisoning, here are the recipes that are good for the body after food poisoning:
1) Mixture of Yogurt and Fenugreek Seeds
Yogurt has antibacterial properties. It is also a food rich in probiotics. In this way, it is perfect for fighting bacteria that cause food poisoning. Fenugreek seeds are also good for stomachaches.
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 tablespoon of yogurt
- Add 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds to 1 tablespoon of yogurt and mix.
- This mixture you have prepared will be good for your stomach aches, vomiting and nausea.
2) Honey and Lemon
For those looking for a home remedy for food poisoning, a mixture of honey and lemon is ideal. Honey has antibacterial properties. Relieves stomach after food poisoning. You can also consume a spoonful of honey 3 times a day to relieve stomach discomfort after food poisoning .
- Lemon juice
- Mix honey with lemon juice. This mixture will relieve your stomach ailments and make you feel more fit.
One of the mixtures used for home treatment of food poisoning is a mixture of garlic and water. Garlic has antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal effects. These properties are also very effective in fighting bacteria that cause food poisoning.
- 1 glass of water
- Add a few cloves of garlic to 1 cup of water. Boil for about 5 minutes. Then you can drink.
Ginger is a food often preferred in the treatment of digestive problems. It helps in relieving complaints such as abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting.
- 1 glass of water
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- Put the ginger in the water and boil it.
- This tea will greatly reduce the symptoms of food poisoning.
- If the tea tastes bitter, you can add some honey to it.
5) Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar reduces the acidity balance in the stomach. In this way, natural apple cider vinegar helps to relax the stomach. It helps to destroy bacteria.
- 1 glass of hot water
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
Mix apple cider vinegar with hot water. This supplement will relieve your stomach destroyed by food poisoning.
6) Lemon and Sugar
Thanks to its antibacterial, antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties, lemon helps to kill bacteria that cause food poisoning.
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- half a teaspoon of sugar
- Add sugar to lemon juice and mix well. You can consume this mixture 2 or 3 times a day.
- The question of whether soda is good for food poisoning is one of the most frequently asked questions. It is said that soda with lemon is also good for food poisoning.
- Thanks to its antimicrobial properties, basil helps to reduce stomachaches caused by food poisoning.
- You can brew basil like tea and consume it by adding honey.
- Banana is rich in potassium. It helps to reduce symptoms such as vomiting, diarrhea and nausea that occur after food poisoning. In addition, banana helps to relieve exhaustion caused by poisoning and increase energy.
- Banana is an easily digestible fruit. If you still have difficulty digesting it, you can mash the banana and eat it.