What Is Beautiful Avrat Grass? Helpful or Harmful?
The real name of the beautiful horseradish, also known as widowed horsetail in our country, is Atropa Belladonna. Although it has dozens of positive benefits on health, it is not suitable for home use due to the atropine substance it contains. Because atropine causes poisoning when consumed or misused.
In this article, we have examined the beautiful Avrat grass, which has a beautiful appearance like its name, for you. What are the benefits of beautiful horseradish, how to use it, what are the symptoms of belladonna poisoning? The answers to all these questions are waiting for you in the rest of our article.
What Is Beautiful Avrat Grass?
- The real name of the beautiful horseradish, a plant belonging to the nightshade family, is Atropa Belladonna.
- Bella-donna means beautiful woman in Italian. It is known that Italian women used this herb to enlarge their pupils in the past.
- In our country, it is also known as widow grass.
- It is a perennial, branched and herbaceous plant. The vast majority have a fleshy root. Its appearance is in the form of a semi-bush. It can grow up to 150 cm in length.
- The beautiful horseradish attracts attention with its magnificent appearance. In fact, the word beautiful in its name comes from its unique appearance.
- It has long, oval leaves. The leaves can grow up to 18 cm in length. The shape of the flowers resembles a bell. It is purple in color. Over time, these flowers turn into black, cherry-like small fruits.
- Its fruits are like blackberries and its leaves are like spinach.
- Although its name and appearance are beautiful, it is not preferred because of the atropine substance it contains. Because atropine is a toxic substance. Overdose or misuse can cause serious health problems.
- Today, it is used for medical purposes in the pharmaceutical industry.
What Are the Benefits of Beautiful Avrat Grass?
After answering the question of what is a beautiful herb, it’s time for its benefit. The benefits of beautiful horseradish can be summarized as follows:
It is a natural pain reliever. However, in order to take advantage of this feature of the beautiful horseradish herb, it is necessary to undergo some medical procedures first. Therefore, it is not suitable for amateur use.
- It is good for the middle ear and tonsillitis.
- It is effective against diseases such as asthma, pneumonia, bronchitis.
- Eliminates the problems caused by ulcers and gastritis.
- It has a botox effect on the skin.
- It is effective against acne and acne.
- It is good for psoriasis.
- It cleans the blood.
- It is a diuretic.
- It is a gut-friendly herb. It facilitates digestion.
- It is effective against gout.
- Relieves rheumatic pains.
- It has an aphrodisiac effect. It increases sexual power.
- It is a natural recipe against the problem of cystitis.
- It strengthens the immune system.
- It fixes the dandruff problem.
- It makes the hair more lively and bushy.
Beautiful Avrat Grass Harms and Side Effects
- According to researches, it directly affects the nervous system when consumed. The reason for this is the alkaloids (L-atropine, DL-hyoscyamine, and hyoscine) in their content. For this reason, beautiful horseradish is one of the plants whose sale is prohibited.
- When consumed in small amounts, it causes redness of the skin and numbness in the whole body. In cases where it is consumed excessively, problems such as constant desire to sleep, high fever, meaningless speech, breathing difficulties, and loss of consciousness are seen.
- If at least one of these symptoms has appeared, a healthcare provider should be consulted without delay.
- Overconsumption of beautiful horseradish can cause lethargy, coma, and even death.
What Does Beautiful Avrat Grass Do?
- It is definitely not recommended to be used at home, as the beautiful horseradish is poisonous.
- However, it should be used by experts who know this herb closely.
- Usually, the leaves and root parts are used.
- Thanks to its useful components and properties, it is used in the pharmaceutical industry today. It is also available in ointment form for external use.
- Beautiful horseradish oil, on the other hand, is used in the cosmetics industry.
Where Does Beautiful Avrat Grass Grow?
- beautiful horseradish; It grows in parts of Europe, Western Asia, North Africa, and North America.
- It likes chalky, moist soils.
- Due to its beautiful appearance, it can be grown in the garden, albeit rarely.